pixeltracker

Radio City Christmas Spectacular

Radio City Christmas Spectacular

Phantom487
#0Radio City Christmas Spectacular
Posted: 7/30/05 at 10:59pm

I know it's really early to ask this, but do they ever offer this a TKTS? Or a Student Rush?

BluCat500 Profile Photo
BluCat500
#1re: Radio City Christmas Spectacular
Posted: 7/30/05 at 11:02pm

Ooh, good question, I've never been, maybe this is the year!

So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.~Office Space

Mark2
#2re: Radio City Christmas Spectacular
Posted: 7/31/05 at 12:02am

I worked in Merchandise at the "Spectacular" 2 Xmas's ago and I swear I am mentally damaged for life. But it is something to see at least once (the show does not change from year to year) and yes tickets are ALWAYS at TKTS. I don't know about Student Rush. The only times that you can't get a decent seat (and there is never a performance that is TRULY sold out....the place holds 6,000 people) are obvious dates near the holidays that are good for little kids. Closer to Xmas there are about 4 weeks with 10 pm shows on the weekends (11 show weekends...yeah!) that are always empty and not filled with screaming kids hopped up on Twizzlers. My tip: don't discount the 3rd and 4th balconies..you get to see the whole stage better and the only number that I could stomach on a daily basis--"Rockin' Santa"-- is so much better from way up in the peanut gallery....Happy Holidays! M

hellacoolmichael
#3re: Radio City Christmas Spectacular
Posted: 7/31/05 at 12:05am

It's cute.

chilly
#4re: Radio City Christmas Spectacular
Posted: 8/1/05 at 8:58am

I'm sure I saw it on broadwaybox last year. Buy one get one free. There's no sign of it yet this year.
Is it too early?

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#5re: Radio City Christmas Spectacular
Posted: 8/1/05 at 1:09pm

It was our Holiday show here in Denver last year. The Nativity at the end pretty much floored us and left us a bit less than uplifted. We headed straight for the bar for cocktails.

Just give the world Love.

loganp37 Profile Photo
loganp37
#6re: Radio City Christmas Spectacular
Posted: 8/1/05 at 1:14pm

Is the NYC show the same as the various shows scattered across the US?

If so, Nashville here I come!

freelancer Profile Photo
freelancer
#7re: Radio City Christmas Spectacular
Posted: 8/1/05 at 1:16pm

I've seen it in both NYC and Nashville. It's basically the same show. Opry House isn't quite as big as RCMH, so some things are scaled down. But it's all the same music, dancing, etc.

"I'm gonna jump straight up, kick a hole in the moon. Don't know exactly where I'm going, but I'm know I'm gonna get there soon." - Jerry Lukowski (Patrick Wilson) in "The Full Monty"

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#8re: Radio City Christmas Spectacular
Posted: 8/1/05 at 1:19pm

uncageg- heh, I totally agree. I saw it last year in NY with my then 11 yr old sister, it was all Santa and dancing fun and goodness for whatever it is, (twelve songs or so?), and then suddenly there's the Nativity the end and I wanted a drink too. :)

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#9re: Radio City Christmas Spectacular
Posted: 8/1/05 at 2:21pm

The staging was cool. But boy what a downer! And just when you thought it was over, If I remember correctly, the screen dropped down and they drilled more religion into us. I think it could have been offensive to anyone who was not Catholic. I know a few Jewish people that attended that were a bit offended. It was way too preachy.

Just give the world Love.

idinarocksmysocks!510 Profile Photo
idinarocksmysocks!510
#10re: Radio City Christmas Spectacular
Posted: 8/1/05 at 3:07pm

I saw it last Christmas time. It was okay. For a dancer, I was dissapointed!

you say i'm weird! look at everyone you're sitting with! and hey, those guys over there just threw napkins up in the air like they were on something! it's contajous! you can't help it!

peach
#11re: Radio City Christmas Spectacular
Posted: 8/1/05 at 3:36pm

See it once - everyone should see it once.

Personally, I'm not a big fan overall. As a dancer, I'd much rather just go see The Nutcracker!

Videos