starstruck

absolutely fabulous Profile Photo
absolutely fabulous
#0starstruck
Posted: 8/10/05 at 7:15pm

I was just in new york for a few days, got back yesterday. Had the most amazing time. Went to wicked, rent, glengary glen ross, and the pillowman. I only wish i could have gone to more! but time and money became a bit of an issue. Anyhoo, when i was there i was able to meet some of the wicked cast which was unreal. Funniest thing happened in the subway coming back from a mets game. I was going up an escalator and behind me was anthony rapp. I introduced myself and he was the sweetest thing in the world. We were going in the same direction and we had a really great little chat. He's definitly moved up in my favorite musical personality list.

Born2cthelightsofbway Profile Photo
Born2cthelightsofbway
#1re: starstruck
Posted: 8/10/05 at 7:50pm

thats so cool!!!!

"You alone can make my song take flight, it's over now, the Music of the Night!!!!!"

hyperchet Profile Photo
hyperchet
#2re: starstruck
Posted: 8/10/05 at 7:57pm

oh my god that's like my fantasy...running into Idina in a subway...whoa

"Needless to say the crew is well acquainted with my ass and that's ok because they are the coolest guys ever." - Idina Menzel

JLTfan211
#3re: starstruck
Posted: 8/10/05 at 7:59pm

^ she said she ran into Anthony...but that's really cool! Glad ya had fun.

forget regret <3 Profile Photo
forget regret <3
#4re: starstruck
Posted: 8/10/05 at 8:51pm

that's amazing! did you flip out? i would've!

"forget regret <3, I love your post.....you give me hope for the next generation!" -Elphaba

GirlforTartaglia Profile Photo
GirlforTartaglia
#5re: starstruck
Posted: 8/10/05 at 8:53pm

I probably would've died lol. Eek you're so lucky and that's soooo awesome!!!

And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.

absolutely fabulous Profile Photo
absolutely fabulous
#6re: starstruck
Posted: 8/11/05 at 12:29am

Meeting Idina in a subway would be beyond a fantasy!!! Good god i love that woman!! It was so cool to see Anthony. I just couldn't get over how amazingly nice he was. I think he though i was a bit weird on the escalator because he was directly behind me and during the short ride i just kept looking back with my mouth open looking like an idiot. Meeting any broadway star was the last thing i ever expected; especially on an escalator!! made my trip. That and getting to meet some of the wicked cast after the show. Megan Hilty was also beyond awsome. I hadn't been up in 5 years and it was the best trip of my life!!!

Updated On: 8/11/05 at 12:29 AM

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#7re: starstruck
Posted: 8/11/05 at 12:43am

Very rarely do I get starstruck (not meant in a bitchy self absorbed way, just saying) but I think that might have been a large exception for me. :-P Seriously that's so freaking awsome! I'm glad you had a great vacation though and had it been me, that would have really made my trip as well. re: starstruck

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#8re: starstruck
Posted: 8/11/05 at 1:04am

The only person that I have really gotten starstruck for is Hugh Jackman. I started screaming like a little schoolgirl, and I was so nervous and excited to meet him.

fab... it's cool you got to meet and talk to Anthony Rapp. I like your new avatar.

NIL MAGNUM NISI BONUM "No greatness without goodness."

RENThead, enLIGHist, Ozalot, Grobanite, Ringer, Pickwick LW, Wicked, Lost, American Dreams, West Wing
Lea S. Hugh J. Adam P. Idina M. Matt M. Taye D.

TheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
#9re: starstruck
Posted: 8/11/05 at 1:06am

I saw Greg Jbara in the subway station one day, but I didn't say anything because I do not know him.

"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#10re: starstruck
Posted: 8/11/05 at 12:49pm

Aww that's great, fabulous! I've briefly talked to Anthony twice and he's such a sweetie, definitely one of my favorite people in the theatre world, you were very lucky to catch him of all people.

And theatrebaby, too bad, Greg is also one of the nicest, most personable actors, I'm sure you would have had if nothing else an amusing convo with him...but I see why you wouldn't want to bother. I have that issue too a lot, but it helps to try to hear stories about actors to have an idea of who's really nice so I'll feel better about talking to them than others.

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

Videos