pixeltracker

RENT "i mean what does one wear..?"- Page 3

RENT "i mean what does one wear..?"

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#50re: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'
Posted: 8/13/05 at 11:48am

I'm going as Donna Murphy...so I'll be seeing the film sometime in February.

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

CJR
#51re: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'
Posted: 8/13/05 at 3:35pm

I'm just wearing clothes..... People did this at Chicago too.... I never quite understood the appeal.

At most, when I saw Chicago at the Zigfeld (because it was the only theatre in the tri-state area playing it at the time) the friend I went with had on his Chicago cast jacket... but that was kind of a fluke, seeming he (at the time) was working on the show and had met me straight from work.

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

JohnPopa Profile Photo
JohnPopa
#52re: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'
Posted: 8/13/05 at 6:04pm

I'm going dressed as Gene Simmons from KISS. It's not really relevant, I just like wearing dragon boots.

incendiary_wit Profile Photo
incendiary_wit
#53re: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'
Posted: 8/13/05 at 6:12pm

I'm supposed to be Mimi, but I'd not...built for her outfits. So, I'll likely just put my own spin on it. My friend Evie is going as Mark, Alex is going as Maureen, and if I have to 'drag' him kicking and screaming, my friend Paul will be Angel.

1. Ted Allen: Everyone has an interesting life if you ask the right questions.
2. Great buckets of Spoffnor, they're going to sing!
3. "I love shrubs that are historical." -Johnny and The Sprites
4. "We're not singing it to you, we're singing it for us." -Rosario Dawson, about La Vie Boheme
5. "The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - which you had thought special and particular to you. And now, here it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, someone even who is long dead. And it is as if a hand has come out, and taken yours." -The History Boys
6. "Pass the parcel. That's sometimes all you can do. Take it, feel it and pass it on. Not for me, not for you, but for someone, somewhere, one day. Pass it on, boys. That's the game I want you to learn. Pass it on." -The History Boys

nztheatreluva Profile Photo
nztheatreluva
#54re: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'
Posted: 8/13/05 at 7:14pm

Oh, I wish I could dress up for it, but none of my friends know anything about Rent, so they won't do it with me, and I'm not quite confident enough to dress up by myself. Maybe I'll just wear a Mark scarf or something.

J'ai compris tous les mots, j'ai bien compris, merci.............

Mimi Imfurst
#55re: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'
Posted: 8/13/05 at 7:31pm

i don't know if i can imagine dressing up. I USED to do that when i was 15 my god, the times I went out as angel. I gotta dig up those pictures somewhere. I'd only do it if I could nail the happy new year outfit.

NYC's Most Retarded Drag Queen The Mimi Show: hosted by Mimi Imfurst features Broadway stars Tuesdays @ 10:30pm Weekly! June 13th: Hairspray's Michelle Dowdy, June 20th: Aida's Lori Ann Strunk, June 27th: Composer Katie Thompson No Cover- No Drink Minimum OW BAR: 221 E 58th Street (between 2nd and 3rd) www.owbar.com

musicnmath
#56re: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'
Posted: 8/13/05 at 7:45pm

I saw the poster in a movie theatre today! I didn't even "see" it at first because I'm so used to those pictures...but then I realized it was actually on a wall in public. I got rather more excited than I expected to. Which was slightly embarassing to my friends. And this is still with a few months to go. yikes.

almostxfamous Profile Photo
almostxfamous
#57re: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'
Posted: 8/13/05 at 9:27pm

In correction to the very first post, RENT comes out on the 23rd.

My friend found the Roger shirt from the stage version that Cary Shields had .. I'd dig up the link, but it's lost in the abyss of her livejournal.

I would totally go dressed up ... this is like the whole Rocky Horror dressing up cultish thing. I like it.

If I spot some blue vinyl pants, I might lose it. I could just get my hair to go all curly and tell people I'm Maureen. Whoo.

I don't know if I have the patience to dress up. Unless I do it for Halloween too, I won't be able to concentrate enough.

I might dress up if I can convince a couple of my friends to do it with me. Though I don't have many RENThead friends .. we could pull off Maureen, Mimi and Mark/Roger. Whatever. Could be cool.

gymman Profile Photo
gymman
#58re: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'
Posted: 8/13/05 at 9:33pm

All leather...

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#59re: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'
Posted: 8/13/05 at 9:37pm

RENT comes out november 11th in select cities, and the 23 everywhere else. and i live on long island so thats what i was refering to.

alli2
#60re: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'
Posted: 8/13/05 at 10:58pm

i'm going dressed as Tinky Winky... would anyone like to be Po or La-La with me?

xrent_headx Profile Photo
xrent_headx
#61re: RENT 'i mean what does one wear..?'
Posted: 8/13/05 at 11:14pm

i'm going to wear the same thing i wear when ever i go and see rent .... black and white tights with a skirt and a green shirt :)

- I might be smart - No day but today