pixeltracker

the official DRS contracts/vacations thread

the official DRS contracts/vacations thread

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#0the official DRS contracts/vacations thread
Posted: 8/18/05 at 7:35pm

sooo many threads about this lately, figured it would be nice to put all info, questions in one thread, so if others don't mind, hopefully this will work.

I'm fairly sure most of the main cast is signed through at least January. Sherie's doing something else in what, Feb maybe? In terms of vacations, the only ones I know of is Lithgow being out till the 23rd.

I would assume with Norbie and Greg having vacations already, they wouldn't be taking another one any time soon.

Any other questions/info?

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

ilovedrsandNLB
#1re: the official DRS contracts/vacations thread
Posted: 8/18/05 at 8:32pm

well i knew about their dates and everything
my question..i want peoples opinions...do you guys think everyone (not sherie though cuz she has a show lined up already) will renew? maybe all the guys?

xoxo
Ali

OK...L-A-H-O-M-A

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#2re: the official DRS contracts/vacations thread
Posted: 8/18/05 at 8:34pm

I believe Sherie is out Oct. 11th to 23rd. I have no idea about Joanna or Sara.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

SeeIreallycouldn'tSING!! Profile Photo
SeeIreallycouldn'tSING!!
#3re: the official DRS contracts/vacations thread
Posted: 8/18/05 at 8:36pm

i saw it last night and it was amazing! but I wanted to see Lithgow in the show... I read somware that u can go to the box office the day of a show when the person u wanna see is back and if there is room, they'll let u in...

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#4re: the official DRS contracts/vacations thread
Posted: 8/18/05 at 9:30pm

in for free?

and I hope the rest of the cast renews, cause they are an awesome cast.

What show has Sherie lined up already?

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

Hairspraydoll Profile Photo
Hairspraydoll
#5re: the official DRS contracts/vacations thread
Posted: 8/18/05 at 10:07pm

Do you think they'll be in over Thanksgiving weekend. Or do they take time off for that? I'm flying to NY just to see it.

Be the change you want in the world....

miss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
#6re: the official DRS contracts/vacations thread
Posted: 8/21/05 at 4:54pm

This isn't really about vacays and such, but...I just watched the movie the DRS musical is based on (the second one, with Steve Martin and Michael Caine), and the stage version is soooo much better! Lithgow's performance is so over-the-top and hilarious. Even though I like Michael Caine and think he's a wonderful actor, he's just too understated in the role. It made me want to go back and see Lithgow again (that would make it 6 times, if I did. Obviously, I like the show!) Lithgow is just a brilliant actor. And what Norbert does with Steve Martin's portrayal of Freddy is remarkable.

Actually, the whole original Bway cast is outstanding. I found myself missing everyone: Nobert, Sheri, Greg, Joanna and Sara, in addition to Mr. Lithgow. (I think Glann Headley is the best part of the movie, but I still found myself longing for Sheri and the musical.)

Wonderful wizard11, is Sheri definitely out that week in October? Naturally, that's the week in I'll be in NYC for sure!

Thanks.

"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#7re: the official DRS contracts/vacations thread
Posted: 8/21/05 at 5:05pm

Hairspraydoll, as you know I have tickets to the show the week of Thanksgiving. I am seriously considering writing a letter to Norbert to ask if he'll be on because he is the main reason I am going. I am not a letter writing type, but I really want to see him as Freddie.

miss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
#8re: the official DRS contracts/vacations thread
Posted: 8/21/05 at 11:16pm

Patronus,if you can get through to the Imperial Theater box office directly, they will tell you if Norbert is scheduled to be in on a given date. That's what I've done in the past, and it was most helpful. Of course, no one knows if Norbert will call in sick or have something sudden and unexpected come up that'll keep him out that day. But I understand perfectly how you feel. I've seen him in the role 4 times and he's just brilliant. I also saw DRS once without him, and it made a huge difference in my enjoyment of the show (although Lithgow, Jbara and Scott were all perfect and very entertaining.)

If you're a Norbert fan, you MUST see him in this role. Hope it works out for you. re: the official DRS contracts/vacations thread

"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#9re: the official DRS contracts/vacations thread
Posted: 8/21/05 at 11:19pm

Thanks for the response. I have Row AA Orchestra Center so I am hoping to get the Norbert 3/4 moon. re: the official DRS contracts/vacations thread

Hairspraydoll
#10re: the official DRS contracts/vacations thread
Posted: 8/21/05 at 11:23pm

Let me know what you find out Patronus.

I am just worried since it's a holiday weekend and seriously my whole trip is based on see him in DRS.

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#11re: the official DRS contracts/vacations thread
Posted: 8/21/05 at 11:25pm

You wouldn't be flying in until Wednesday, right?

Hairspraydoll
#12re: the official DRS contracts/vacations thread
Posted: 8/21/05 at 11:27pm

Well I haven't booked my flight yet. But my plan is fly in Wed on the red eye - which means I get in Thurs morning. I have thought about flying out Tues and arriving Wed if I can get the day off at school.

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#13re: the official DRS contracts/vacations thread
Posted: 8/21/05 at 11:30pm

Too bad you can't get away earlier. I actually have an extra set of DRS tickets.

If you were considering seeing Wicked in NY, I have two seats for that Wed mat. Just looking to get face value for them.

On a side note - how is that Yahoo set up going? re: the official DRS contracts/vacations thread

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#14re: the official DRS contracts/vacations thread
Posted: 8/21/05 at 11:32pm

Well, when I was talking to Greg yesterday, he gave me the inside scoop. He said that everybody is renegotiating their contracts but he isn't sure about John. He said John may be leaving January 8th but he isn't sure. Greg said that if everything goes well, he (meaning Greg) will still be in DRS by this time next year!

Hairspraydoll
#15re: the official DRS contracts/vacations thread
Posted: 8/21/05 at 11:32pm

What night are you going to DRS again? I can't leave to much earlier cuz my fall play closes the weekend before and I have to strike the set for the dance concert coming in.

Well if I get in on Wed...then I might have to take those tix off your hands.

I'm computer retarted and my husband won't help me. Is it the iM voice thing I'm supposed to download?

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#16re: the official DRS contracts/vacations thread
Posted: 8/21/05 at 11:35pm

I think it's a new feature they are offering with Y!, but yeah that's probably it.

I am going to be taking off soon tonight anyway, but maybe I can help you through it via email tomorrow night.

Hairspraydoll
#17re: the official DRS contracts/vacations thread
Posted: 8/21/05 at 11:42pm

Ok goodnight! I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Videos