pixeltracker

Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?- Page 3

Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#50re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/21/05 at 9:55am

I have never seen Wicked and have no plans to! Nothing about it is remotly interesting to me.

Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#51re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/21/05 at 10:02am

which has nothing to do with the question asked.....which is has anyone SEEN a musical they did not like.

Wicked did not live up to my expectations....but it was entertaining. The book, in my opinion was far better.
Having said that I would have loved to have bought tickets to see it in Chicago with Ana, but....my partner said once was enough for him.

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

life_so_far Profile Photo
life_so_far
#52re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/21/05 at 10:20am

I think Chicago is the closest I've come to seeing a show I didn't like, but even that one I'm glad I've seen and I liked it (its just my least favorite)

Mujhse Dosti Karoge?

jeremykushnier1fan Profile Photo
jeremykushnier1fan
#53re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/21/05 at 10:26am

Havne't seen it yet, so i shouldn't say anything but the music from Brooklyn turns me away from the show...

Elphie Profile Photo
Elphie
#54re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/21/05 at 10:29am

Cats (The Staged Film)- I just cant get into it and plus, I'm not an Andrew Lloyd Webber fan with the exception of Evita.
Saturday Night Fever- Was not meant to be a musical. A very poorly written show.
Mamma Mia- ABBA on Broadway was not a good idea. It made me twitch.
Footloose- Besides for Vi's songs, I really dont like it. It was fun to watch, but its not my type of a good musical.
But I must say, the performers I saw in these shows were excellent. They all had mega-talent- its just the shows were lacking in my eyes.

Those are my four least favorites. I'm just not a fan of juke box musicals with the exception of a few.

"They hear drums. We hear music."

Conor Profile Photo
Conor
#55re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/21/05 at 10:43am

There have been very few (2) musicals that I have walked away from not liking which were Cats and AVenue Q. Everything else I managed to find something about to like, even if it was a bad show it might have had great performers (Brooklyn). Or if the cast was subpar it might have had a good set or storyline (Sweet Charity) but Q and Cats I just outright hated.

Greennow
#56re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/21/05 at 10:56am

I saw an off broadway show a few years ago that I was so so about. FOUR DOGS AND A BONE. I was somewhat dissappointed;

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#57re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/21/05 at 11:06am

I hated 1776.
I would have hated Little Women if Sutton Foster and Maureen McGovern hadn't performed.

Grommetik Profile Photo
Grommetik
#58re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/21/05 at 12:28pm

There is only one show I have seen that I wanted to walk out of: Mamma Mia. And I'm an ABBA fan.
By the 2nd act my headache was raging but I stayed becasue the tickets were a birthday present and i didn't want my friend to know I hadn't seen how it ended. So I stayed and hated it. Ugh. I hope it stops running and then never gets revived. It's crap.

Steve2 Profile Photo
Steve2
#59re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/21/05 at 12:34pm

The Scarlet Pimpernel
Updated On: 8/21/05 at 12:34 PM

cathyhyatt
#60re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/21/05 at 1:24pm

little women. terrible.

"You won't fight without layers of armor Suit on up and come brace my sword You look back when the pieces are missing Hollowed out hope that no time can restore."

nystateomind04 Profile Photo
nystateomind04
#61re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/21/05 at 1:27pm

Jekyll and Hyde, what a piece of sh*t.

And I found it odd that the second time I saw The Producers I didn't enjoy it half as much as the first. That cast just wasn't landing the punchlines like the first time around.

BroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
#62re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/21/05 at 1:31pm

Dracula, Flower Drum Song, 42nd Street, Thoroughly Modern Millie

I have my books and my poetry to protect me...

rusmic
#63re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/21/05 at 1:38pm

Actually, practically no one has answered the question that was originally asked in this thread. They didn't want to know which musicals you saw you did not like, they wanted to know if there was anyone else out there that has NEVER seen a musical they didn't like, meaning you enjoyed every show you've ever seen. I have to say, I haven't hated anything I've seen on stage, but then I don't get to go to the theatre that much.

grizzabella
#64re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/21/05 at 2:39pm

I'm picky about what I see since I don't have a lot of disposable income, so I have to say there is no musical I've actually disliked that I've seen on Broadway. I've always found something to make the trip worthwhile. I think that answers the question.
Now to digress: I saw a straight play years ago on Broadway called "Sherlock Holmes" with Frank Langella which I thought was awful. I just hated the script. What a mess. Dreadful.
I also saw "The Secret Garden" in a college performance and hated that, too. I found the songs forgetable and the book rather creepy and morbid. The cast did its best, and there were some very talented cast members, but I detested the material.

"And the postman sighed as he scratched his head, you really rather thought she ought to be dead..."

moowithme111105 Profile Photo
moowithme111105
#65re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/21/05 at 2:48pm

i saw fiddler on the roof last year, i hated it!!!!

Albin Profile Photo
Albin
#66re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/21/05 at 2:50pm

the ponderous "Les Miserable."

Luckydave14
#67re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/21/05 at 2:52pm

Chicago, Bombay Dreams, Fiddler

BroadwayBettini2 Profile Photo
BroadwayBettini2
#68re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/21/05 at 3:15pm

truthfully, after seeing many shows you tend to start to have a preferance or a more knowledgeable approach to theater.

I saw Chicago on Broadway and I despised it. I was literally dragged by my family to see a show I didn't want to see in the first place. I wanted some Cabaret in my life. I love Chicago's music and story, but in no way did it do anything for me. The performances were weak and the staging was awful. I felt cramped in the theater. The orchestra on stage was distracting and I thought the dancing would be much more advanced. The only thing I liked was Billy Zane, I always have had a little crush on him, so he made it somewhat worth it.

"You gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?" -Bernadette Peters SUPPORT ALL SHOOK UP!!!

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#69re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/21/05 at 4:46pm

I love reading threads like this. Everyone has such a wide variety of opinions on shows - some you love that others hate, others you hate and the next poster loves. I guess it just proves that staging a hit on Broadway is a crap shoot no matter how you look at it!

For what it's worth - I loved all the Andrew Lloyd Webber shows most of you say you hated (Phantom haa held the top position of my favorite all time musical since it debuted) and I love The Producers, DRS, Spamalot. On the other hand, I absolutely DESPISED The Full Monty and Miss Saigon.

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03

kate2
#70re: Has anyone never seen a show they did not like?
Posted: 8/21/05 at 7:05pm

42nd street was a total borefest