Anyone going tomorrow?

CCM '10!

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#1re: Ashley Brown's first performance as Belle
Posted: 9/19/05 at 6:46pm

I would LOVE to! She's a BTP alum! :)

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

BwayTheatre11
#2re: Ashley Brown's first performance as Belle
Posted: 9/19/05 at 6:47pm

I have been a fan since the first performance of On The Record, her professional debut...LOVE her.

CCM '10!

cathywellerstein Profile Photo
cathywellerstein
#3re: Ashley Brown's first performance as Belle
Posted: 9/19/05 at 6:48pm

BTP? what's that?

Anyway...I saw her at broadway on broadway and thought she was amzing. the best Belle I've heard in a long time.

BroadwayNYCGirl Profile Photo
BroadwayNYCGirl
#4re: Ashley Brown's first performance as Belle
Posted: 9/19/05 at 7:07pm

I wish I were. I adore her. I'm in the process of making a webpage for her, but I'm not very good at it. Anyone want to help?

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#5re: Ashley Brown's first performance as Belle
Posted: 9/19/05 at 8:31pm

BTP= Broadway Theatre Project, a musical theatre intensive that, prior to this upcoming summer, was run by Ann Reinking.

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

cathywellerstein Profile Photo
cathywellerstein
#6re: Ashley Brown's first performance as Belle
Posted: 9/19/05 at 10:16pm

why thank you.
::shows ashley love::

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#7re: Ashley Brown's first performance as Belle
Posted: 9/20/05 at 12:01am

Someone has got to post a review of her performance. She was the only reason I didn't leave in the middle of On The Record. Her voice gave me chills.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

dancinfan
#8re: Ashley Brown's first performance as Belle
Posted: 9/20/05 at 11:36am

I'll be there. She's gonna be lovely. What a singer she is! She's the best singer they've had since Sarah Litzsinger, but it's a totally different sound. Sarah is a ballsy belter, and Ashley is a classically trained soprano who knows how to belt.

You gotta check her out.

Jay2
#9re: Ashley Brown's first performance as Belle
Posted: 9/20/05 at 12:21pm

best of luck to Ashley! hope she can alleviate my crippling Brooke withdrawl.

BwayTheatre11
#10re: Ashley Brown's first performance as Belle
Posted: 9/20/05 at 3:20pm

Make sure to review the performance.

CCM '10!

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#11re: Ashley Brown's first performance as Belle
Posted: 9/20/05 at 4:07pm

I saw Sarah in the role in February 2002 and thought she was amazing. Her belt gave me chills, she made Belle so spunky and full of life, instead of the typical ingenue, which I loved. I saw Steve as the Beast and thought he was fabulous. They were awesome together, I'm glad he is still in it.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

BroadwayNYCGirl Profile Photo
BroadwayNYCGirl
#12re: Ashley Brown's first performance as Belle
Posted: 9/20/05 at 6:36pm

BwayTheatre11,

Where'd you get that amazing picture of Ashley as Belle?

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#13re: Ashley Brown's first performance as Belle
Posted: 9/20/05 at 6:39pm

I need to go to New York JUST to see her!!! I loved her in On teh Record..she rocks hardcore...beautiful voice!

-Steph

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#14re: Ashley Brown's first performance as Belle
Posted: 9/20/05 at 8:14pm

I know this thread is about Ashley, but, yes I have to agree Steve Blanchard was AMAZING when I saw him!

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

dancinfan
#15re: Ashley Brown's first performance as Belle
Posted: 9/21/05 at 12:51pm

Ms. Brown did a great job! Her first audience was a very warm one, filled with friends, fans, and Disney employees, I'm sure. They all loved her. She sounded spectacular (so different to hear a real soprano again in this role), and her acting was lovely. Defintely worth seeing, especially since the rest of the cast really rose to the occasion and kicked it up a notch, too.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#16re: Ashley Brown's first performance as Belle
Posted: 9/21/05 at 12:53pm

I was totally underwhelmed when I heard Brooke Tansley sing, so I'm glad Ashley's there now -- I could listen to her sing for QUITE the prolonged period of time. Great voice.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Di2
#17re: Ashley Brown's first performance as Belle
Posted: 9/21/05 at 1:18pm

Is that Ashley in the "Belle" avatar?

IMHO, I don't think she is pretty enough to play my favorite Disney Princess but Ms. Brown certainly does have a gorgeous voice to do the role justice...
Updated On: 9/21/05 at 01:18 PM

nycbelle4
#18re: Ashley Brown's first performance as Belle
Posted: 9/23/05 at 2:51pm

I saw a little of Ashley's first performance and all of her second. All I can is that I was absolutely floored. She is FANTASTIC; the best Belle I have heard since Susan Egan (and I have seen this show a lot.) She is obviously still getting used to the character, but that takes time (and she is doing a GREAT jobre: Ashley Brown's first performance as Belle right now I am seeing her playing up the ingenue, bold-ness and dreamer-ness of Belle. She is so believable! I totally empathize with the character throughout the whole show! Also, her voice is gorgeous. I knew she had something great when I hear the 30 second clip of On the Record, but she is even more incredible in B&B. I was moved to tears by the end of the show. SEE THIS SHOW while she is still there! Complete with Steve Blanchard's moving and beautiful portrayal as Beast and Peter Flinn's over the top comedy as Lumiere, the cast is at its best that it has been in a while.

P.S. The promo picture is not the greatest, but she is definitely Belle-beautiful.

luvtheEmcee
#19re: Ashley Brown's first performance as Belle
Posted: 9/23/05 at 2:52pm

I think she's beautiful in person. And even if she wasn't "pretty enough," shallow as THAT comment may be, that's what MAKE-UP is for.

nycbelle4
#20re: Ashley Brown's first performance as Belle
Posted: 9/23/05 at 2:52pm

Webpage? I may be interested...What do you have in mind??

Di2
#21re: Ashley Brown's first performance as Belle
Posted: 9/23/05 at 3:53pm

emcee..leave me alone...I said she has a gorgeous voice...I don't have to think she is pretty...and I don't

luvtheEmcee
#22re: Ashley Brown's first performance as Belle
Posted: 9/23/05 at 3:56pm

*eyeroll*

I'm not attacking you -- you don't have to think she's pretty, and I'm allowed to say what I think of that comment. But even a response to a comment is a personal attack?

Chiiiiiiill.

(And as you wish -- don't respond to this, and I'll leave you alone. If you respond to this by attacking me and telling me I'm talentless or some such useless crap as you tend to do when you don't like someone, I'm not going to sit and take it. You get what you give.)

Updated On: 9/23/05 at 03:56 PM

diva007
#23re: Ashley Brown's first performance as Belle
Posted: 9/23/05 at 3:59pm

Ashley sings "Change in Me" like nobody's business. She stopped the show with that song in "On the Record".

luvtheEmcee
#24re: Ashley Brown's first performance as Belle
Posted: 9/23/05 at 4:01pm

She sang it at Broadway on Broadway, and I honestly could've listened to that about ten times over. It's the best I've heard anyone sing that song in recent memory.

Videos