Woman in White tix?

cbreining2
#0Woman in White tix?
Posted: 10/20/05 at 11:02am

Does anyone know of any discounts yet for Woman in White? I only found 1 so far & it's only $20 off (so the tix are $80 each). I want to take my son for his birthday (not like I want to see it myself or anything...haha). Any leads would be appreciated! (but please no lectures on why I shouldn't go see ALW shows)

kec Profile Photo
kec
#1re: Woman in White tix?
Posted: 10/20/05 at 12:16pm

No lecture from me! re: Woman in White tix? Unfortunately, I only know of the discount you've already found.

I think it's great that you're taking your son. How old is hie? I'm taking my 16 year old niece in early December.

Now Ulla Dance
#2re: Woman in White tix?
Posted: 10/20/05 at 12:26pm

Hey guys, i work on the marketing for the show and i can tell you first hand that the 20 dollar off deal is going to last until the show opens, then they want to see how it does and another discount will be put in place if needed...

Conor Profile Photo
Conor
#3re: Woman in White tix?
Posted: 10/20/05 at 12:29pm

is there going to be student rush for this show?

Now Ulla Dance
#4re: Woman in White tix?
Posted: 10/20/05 at 12:32pm

yes there will be

Conor Profile Photo
Conor
#5re: Woman in White tix?
Posted: 10/20/05 at 12:36pm

yay awesome! I really wanna see this show! any details as to how much, where they're located yet? i'm so going to try and see it when i'm home for thanksgiving.

cathywellerstein Profile Photo
cathywellerstein
#6re: Woman in White tix?
Posted: 10/20/05 at 1:30pm

when is there gonna be a student rush??!!

i heard that there would not be one because of the cheap last row seats.

Greg in Dallas
#7re: Woman in White tix?
Posted: 10/20/05 at 6:45pm

I'm sure people are gonna hate me for this....but I wouldn't waste your money even on discount tickets....I just saw this show in London Tuesday night and was not impressed at all. The cast was wonderful, Ruthie Henshall, Damien Humbley and Alexandra Silber all had amazing voices, but the 1st act was soooo slow I almost fell asleep. You could hear pieces of Juesus Christ Superstar and lots of tunes that sounded straight from Phantom. I think if ALW's name was attached to this show it would have closed a while ago and never made it to NYC.

kec Profile Photo
kec
#8re: Woman in White tix?
Posted: 10/21/05 at 4:34am

"I think if ALW's name was attached to this show it would have closed a while ago and never made it to NYC. "

I assume you meant to say "...if ALW's name WASN'T attached..."

I disagree with your comment on the first act. I didn't find it slow at all...

Updated On: 10/21/05 at 04:34 AM

cathywellerstein
#9re: Woman in White tix?
Posted: 10/21/05 at 12:44pm

are there gonna be rush tickets or not?

that is all i need to know.

junglered Profile Photo
junglered
#10re: Woman in White tix?
Posted: 10/21/05 at 1:27pm

20% off prime tickets to WIW are now available through Playbill Club. Go to Ticketmaster.com and use code WWPLAY.

snookyookums
#11re: Woman in White tix?
Posted: 10/22/05 at 2:17am

I am personally excited about this show...and I just wanted to say that I think it's kind of mean-spirited to discourage people from trying a new show - everyone has their opinion, and who says theirs will be the same as yours? - especially when you haven't even seen the NY version yet. How do you know it will be just like the one you saw? I'm just sayin'... As for me, if I'm intrigued by a show, whether it's from the plot, cast, sets, whatever, I'm there...it would take a bunch of my trusted friends telling me it absolutely sucks for me to skip it, and maybe not even then!

jo
#12re: Woman in White tix?
Posted: 10/22/05 at 8:00am

Hey, I am also excited about this show, having seen it in London with Michael Ball and Maria Friedman and loving the beautiful musical score re: Woman in White tix?

I am going to see it again on Broadway!

cbreining2
#13re: Woman in White tix?
Posted: 10/25/05 at 4:12pm

Thanks for all the responses about discounts -- I got FRONT ROW seats for Nov. 30th matinee for $70 each. Sweet!! my son will have a great 14th birthday.

kec Profile Photo
kec
#14re: Woman in White tix?
Posted: 10/25/05 at 5:00pm

Oh, good for you!!

cathywellerstein
#15re: Woman in White tix?
Posted: 10/25/05 at 5:11pm

since this thread has been brought back up....

i will ask my question once again...

will there be any sort of rush?

so far it doesn't seem like it, but Now Ulla Dance who says s/he works for marketing claims that there will be one. so, if anyone knows for sure, let me know!

thanks! re: Woman in White tix?

ALWrules Profile Photo
ALWrules
#16re: Woman in White tix?
Posted: 10/25/05 at 6:47pm

Come on, all you complainers about ALWS Woman in white; to me this musical just shows his diversity in his composition, as he composes a mysterious Gothic score with an intriguing story line. I saw it with Maria Friedman and Micheal Ball, and both were amazing, especially Ball, who is hysterical. The staging is also awesome.
TO answer your question Cathywellerstein, I heard that there won't be a rush, at least at the beginning.

Keep your morals, I don't have time. Keep your lovers, I'm changing mine! -The Likes of Us

RecycledH20
#17re: Woman in White tix?
Posted: 10/25/05 at 6:51pm

I am looking forward to seeing Michael Ball again after such a long Bway absence.

jo
#18re: Woman in White tix?
Posted: 10/25/05 at 8:19pm

cbreining2 --

Hey, I also have a front row seat for the November 30 matinee re: Woman in White tix?

Jo

isafilly
#19re: Woman in White tix?
Posted: 10/25/05 at 8:21pm

I hear its not ALWs best show but I'll get tickets besides that.
Updated On: 10/25/05 at 08:21 PM

cbreining2
#20re: Woman in White tix?
Posted: 10/26/05 at 8:59am

I totally agree about ALW's range of composition -- I saw "The Lesser Known Songs of ALW" at Joe's Pub back in February & came out of there convinced the guy can do ANYTHING. No opinion or review could possibly stop me from seeing a new ALW show! (Please, I even saw Dracula because I love Frank Wildhorn - once I'm a fan, I'm a fan for life, I guess.)

jo
#21re: Woman in White tix?
Posted: 10/26/05 at 9:16am

cbreining2

The musical score of THE WOMAN IN WHITE is one of ALWebber's best - lush and romantic, poignant, soaring, lyrical - I'm sure you are going to enjoy it. It is a musical with a serious theme ( a Victorian melodrama) and the music flows well, including the musical passages used for the recitatives ( sung dialogs). There are quite a few memorable stand-alone songs.

My one regret - I wish Michael Ball was the one to sing a few of them ( his voice was once described by ALWebber as an untrained Pavarotti)! But he does have the musical's showstopper number - I really can't complain re: Woman in White tix?

Jo

Simply Musicals Profile Photo
Simply Musicals
#22re: Woman in White tix?
Posted: 10/26/05 at 12:40pm

I'm so shocked....at the mo in London, the top price tickets have been reduced from £50 to £25!!!! I'm surprised....Broadway tickets seem to always be so much more expensive than our tickets here in London! The show isn't amazingly popular in London, but I dont know why! It's my fave show!

Give em that old RAZZLE DAZZLE and shine...

Videos