Spelling Bee on CBS Parade

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#0Spelling Bee on CBS Parade
Posted: 11/24/05 at 11:26am

HOW CUTE WAS THAT?????!!! OH MY GOD!!

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#1re: Spelling Bee on CBS Parade
Posted: 11/24/05 at 11:30am

Awesome -- though I'm surprised they muted "tittup."

That should be used as their promotional video for the show or whatever - just do it again with Fogler - not that whoever that was wasn't fine...

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

Bdwy24
#2re: Spelling Bee on CBS Parade
Posted: 11/24/05 at 11:34am

I wanna see a clip of what the show looks like. Not a horribly edited music video....

broadwayfan2
#3re: Spelling Bee on CBS Parade
Posted: 11/24/05 at 11:42am

Anyone tape it?

my2cents
#4re: Spelling Bee on CBS Parade
Posted: 11/24/05 at 11:57am

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?thread=876563&dt=112405114331

Now all the performances have aired on the east coast.

SO between 9-10 was the four nbc productions and wicked on cbs. and at around 11 25 bee on cbs.

so our central people can expect bee in about 30 mins. and for those mountain and pacific there is the breakdown.

FrancisGumm Profile Photo
FrancisGumm
#5re: Spelling Bee on CBS Parade
Posted: 11/24/05 at 12:34pm

im out of the loop, but where was folger? his contract isnt up yet, right?

"Beating AIDS and extreme, stupid poverty, this is our moon shot. This is our civil rights struggle, our anti-apartheid movement. This is what the history books will remember our generation for--or blame us for, if we fail."-Bono

Zenachick
#6re: Spelling Bee on CBS Parade
Posted: 11/24/05 at 12:39pm

I thought that was a horrible choice to show that video I had to keep telling my dad "it's not that bad-this isn't what happens in the show. I think for people who have seen Spelling Bee it was amusing, but that weird clip thing will not draw people to the show. It didn't flow and it didn't give you any idea of what the show was really like. "we like spelling" didn't bother me when I saw the show, but it really irritated me in this video. I do agree with jasonf that this might be useable for some sort of promotion-maybe on the website where people already have an idea of the show

lamentingenvelope Profile Photo
lamentingenvelope
#7re: Spelling Bee on CBS Parade
Posted: 11/24/05 at 12:43pm

I missed it... re: Spelling Bee on CBS Parade It's TiVo'd, though. I'll watch it now.

gavrochegirl
#8re: Spelling Bee on CBS Parade
Posted: 11/24/05 at 12:46pm

I missed it! Damn, damn, damn. Ah, well. The Macy's performances were good enough.

What the puck?!

ProducersFan
#9re: Spelling Bee on CBS Parade
Posted: 11/24/05 at 12:50pm

We Like Spelling isn't in the show - how could it have "not bothered you" when you saw it? It's just on the CD and it's the song that they tend to sing for public performaces.

"If you start from a place of joy and charm, you can get away with a lot in the second act. It may be that that's my life. I'm not sure." ~Roger Bart

lamentingenvelope Profile Photo
lamentingenvelope
#10re: Spelling Bee on CBS Parade
Posted: 11/24/05 at 12:52pm

Aw! That was cute. Best part for me was definitely Sarah Saltzberg (sp?)... especially on the treadmill... heh. She's adoreable.

RentBoy86
#11re: Spelling Bee on CBS Parade
Posted: 11/24/05 at 3:11pm

that wasn't Dan? Weird. I guess i wasn't looking that hard at him. Was that the guy that's in the understudy video? He's pretty good. Why wasn't Raul on for Chitty either? Hm.

iheartcheyenne123 Profile Photo
iheartcheyenne123
#12re: Spelling Bee on CBS Parade
Posted: 11/24/05 at 3:13pm

clips?

--Alex-- "They're singing, "Happy Birthday" You just wanna lay down and cry Not just another birthday, it's 30/90 Why can't you stay 29 Hell, you still feel like you're 22 Turn 30 in 1990 Bang! You're dead, what can you do?" --TTB

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#13re: Spelling Bee on CBS Parade
Posted: 11/24/05 at 3:22pm

Yeah, anyone know why Raul wasn't in Chitty?

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#14re: Spelling Bee on CBS Parade
Posted: 11/24/05 at 3:39pm

Todd kind of looked like he had a mop on his head. He needs a better wig.

I loved Celia and Sarah on the treadmill reading.

They could have done better, though.

spellingbee_ROCKS007 Profile Photo
spellingbee_ROCKS007
#15re: Spelling Bee on CBS Parade
Posted: 11/24/05 at 4:00pm

i taped it!i thought they could do better too...but i was ok!!(cute!)Todd played Barfee!!FUNNY!!GO TODD!!

I can finally afford to see a Broadway show! -Norbert Leo Butz

FalsettosFan Profile Photo
FalsettosFan
#16re: Spelling Bee on CBS Parade
Posted: 11/24/05 at 4:28pm

Missed it also, was watching NBC. Anyone know of any links to see it?