The View w/Rent INFO

EugLoven Profile Photo
EugLoven
#0The View w/Rent INFO
Posted: 11/25/05 at 6:47pm

Did anyone watch "The View" this morning with the cast of RENT?
I'm only looking for facts/info ONLY, please, because the
West Coast didn't get it aired (college football instead).

What were the course of events?
Who was there?
Who was interviewed?
What performances?
Any antics?

THANK YOU

iheartcheyenne123 Profile Photo
iheartcheyenne123
#1re: The View w/Rent INFO
Posted: 11/25/05 at 6:50pm

The whole cast of RENT was there and they sang SOL and Finale B. They pretty much asked everyone questions...and Idina was talking how she was a Wedding Singer..haha..they were also discussing how rent started and how they got cast. They asked how they felt about Jonathan Larson and what it was like Opening Night. They also took a couple questions from the audience...nothing important. It was a GREAT hour on the show and i hope you get to see the video online! re: The View w/Rent INFO

--Alex-- "They're singing, "Happy Birthday" You just wanna lay down and cry Not just another birthday, it's 30/90 Why can't you stay 29 Hell, you still feel like you're 22 Turn 30 in 1990 Bang! You're dead, what can you do?" --TTB

stylinbohemian
#2re: The View w/Rent INFO
Posted: 11/25/05 at 6:52pm

are you serious! ah! i told my mom no when she wanted to turn it on this morning!!! Ah im such an idiot

"If There's One Thing to Learn it's You Just Can't Go Wrong If You Follow Your Heart, and End With A Song"

EugLoven Profile Photo
EugLoven
#3re: The View w/Rent INFO
Posted: 11/25/05 at 6:53pm

THANK YOU iheartcheyenne123
Wow... an entire hour. That's superb.
Is this at all viewable online anywhere or did anyone
*ahem* TiVo it?

ashley0139
#4re: The View w/Rent INFO
Posted: 11/25/05 at 6:54pm

It was a GREAT hour. All 8 of them were there. There was a lot of joking around and stuff. During one part, when they took the questions from the audience, one girl called her eye-dina. I pretty much cringed. But they were all hilarious. The opening night stuff was especially moving. They showed a couple clips from '96. They all looked amazing.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

Mandi Moo Profile Photo
Mandi Moo
#5re: The View w/Rent INFO

Idina said that they had to make the stripes in Mark's stripe grey because they would blend in with Anthony's skin. re: The View w/Rent INFO

And there were some annoying EYE-DINA fangirls who asked retarded questions.

Um...Taye talking about running around the Nederlander naked...Adam saying it was sexual harrassment.

YankeesFan175
#6re: The View w/Rent INFO

they also said how they dealt with jonathans death. they talked about this memorial thing they did:

they got all of jonathans friends, family, etc together in the theater and they sat at the table and sang through the show. when they got to la vie boheme they felt weird just sitting down singing such an upbeat song. so anthony jumped on the table and started singing, and it energized everyone and they were all dancing and they said it hit everyone in the audience. i guess daphne jumped up on the table furing out tonight, as well.

i dont know if that story has been told before, but id never heard it and i thought it was a good story. and i also heard adam and idina grew up together in long island..interesting!

Bob: "there is a chance, albeit a microscopic one, that our baby at some point in his or her formative years will get lodged in a tree" ~Related~

ontheskyway
#7re: The View w/Rent INFO
Posted: 11/25/05 at 7:00pm

I'm so freaking mad. This was the only TV appearance I was dying to see, and it wasn't on because of football. I've always hated football.
/rant.

Yankees- that story made me tear up.

ashley0139
#8re: The View w/Rent INFO
Posted: 11/25/05 at 7:03pm

Idina said that they had to make the stripes in Mark's stripe grey because they would blend in with Anthony's skin.

That's not exactly what she said. One of the hosts asked about the scarf, and Anthony was saying that the one in the movie is a little different than the stage one because the white was too brite in the camera. And Idina said, "yeah next to your nice tan skin." (sarcastically). Then Anthony was like, "you should talk". It was so funny.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

Mandi Moo Profile Photo
Mandi Moo
#9re: The View w/Rent INFO
Posted: 11/25/05 at 7:14pm

LOL, well, I knew it was something like that. I was medicated when watching.

YankeesFan175
#10re: The View w/Rent INFO
Posted: 11/25/05 at 7:16pm

ok, since were on the subject of the view...i posted this on another thread 21 pages in, so i doubt itll be answered so im putting it here:

is anyone else a bit bothered by the fact that rosario and jesse seemed to be asked A LOT more questions in talk show interviews? when i was watching the view today, tracie and anthony and wilson didnt say much at all! and all the interviews ive seen on TV have either been rosario and jesse. i mean its great advertising the most well known cast members, but when the whole cast is there, it still seems like rosario and jesse are getting the majority of the questions. just an observation. any thoughts?

Bob: "there is a chance, albeit a microscopic one, that our baby at some point in his or her formative years will get lodged in a tree" ~Related~

ashley0139
#11re: The View w/Rent INFO
Posted: 11/25/05 at 7:18pm

Yeah, I don't think there's any way to change that. They're the reason a lot of people are watching. And if it gets more people to see it, then great. Idina talked a lot today, though.

twotrey
#12re: The View w/Rent INFO
Posted: 11/25/05 at 7:18pm

Well, much like how they would be the two cast members (plus Taye) most regular folks would be familiar with, so would they be the cast members most interviewers would be familiar with--particularly those on TV...

ashley0139
#13re: The View w/Rent INFO
Posted: 11/25/05 at 7:19pm

Oh, and did anyone notice during Seasons of Love, Idina sang the wrong words. Instead of saying "How about" she said "measure in." The thing is, you didn't hear anything different which makes me think they were singing to a track.

ellenoshalom Profile Photo
ellenoshalom
#14re: The View w/Rent INFO
Posted: 11/25/05 at 7:20pm

Is there anyone who recorded and can upload online here? I would love to see.

YankeesFan175
#15re: The View w/Rent INFO
Posted: 11/25/05 at 7:21pm

i dont think they were singing to a track. b/c quite a few of them didnt sound too good b/c of how big the studio is. and the girls always seem overpowered by the guys. like during finale B i could barely hear them and the guys were very loud.

ruprecht Profile Photo
ruprecht
#16re: The View w/Rent INFO
Posted: 11/25/05 at 7:23pm

What's with the EYE-dina vs. UH-dina snobbery? It's an easy mistake.

ruprecht Profile Photo
ruprecht
#17re: The View w/Rent INFO

sorry. double post. Updated On: 11/25/05 at 07:23 PM

dmb_rent
#18re: The View w/Rent INFO

i can't wait to see this!

"I would rather take a flawed movie that has as much heart and passion and life and joy and energy and truth in it as this film does over any film that is completely perfectly presented and perfectly constructed but has none of that heart and life." -Anthony Rapp

YankeesFan175
#19re: The View w/Rent INFO
Posted: 11/25/05 at 7:24pm

i think its just b/c if these people really are her fans, youd think theyd pronounce it correctly.

ashley0139
#20re: The View w/Rent INFO
Posted: 11/25/05 at 7:26pm

They were snobby first. re: The View w/Rent INFO They were like, "no matter what anyone else says, we're the biggest RENT fans here." Then they can't even pronounce her name.

Chloe Profile Photo
Chloe
#21re: The View w/Rent INFO
Posted: 11/25/05 at 7:32pm

Come on, stop stressing about this. To most of the audience they were just silly girls.

I'm sure they were singing live, that was obvious, but the musical accompaniment was pre-recorded.

cubbiegirl Profile Photo
cubbiegirl
#22re: The View w/Rent INFO
Posted: 11/25/05 at 7:43pm

Simply because if you are going to go on tv and insist that you are the biggest fan and that you "don't care what anyone else says", then you should at least try to get her name right.

It was just silly. They were just silly giggling gals.

Jim Caruso: You know, you are doing Wicked.
Stephanie J Block: I am!
Jim: Is anyone coming to that old thing?

LiTtLeDaNcEr729 Profile Photo
LiTtLeDaNcEr729
#23re: The View w/Rent INFO
Posted: 11/25/05 at 11:13pm

Anyone record this who would be willing to send me a copy?

My VCR is stupid and doesn't record correctly anymore (it cut out most of the Macy's parade- so pissed about that....).

PM me if you could do me this favor!

DramaDork925
#24re: The View w/Rent INFO
Posted: 11/25/05 at 11:58pm

I thought Anthony sounded like he was getting laryngitis or something like that... anyone else get that impression?

Am I cut out to spend my time this way?

Videos