Spelling Bee love!

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#25re: Spelling Bee love!
Posted: 12/12/05 at 7:19pm

Patronus- I'll come help you with the Rent lotto :)

I love this cast, including all the understudies. I can't imagine the show without them, but I'm sure there are other talented actors out there who can do the roles. It wouldn't be the same, as so many of these people (Sarah, Dan) helped create the roles they play.

Madame X2 Profile Photo
Madame X2
#26re: Spelling Bee love!
Posted: 12/12/05 at 7:22pm

That's exactly why I'm worried, Liotte. I don't really have the option of seeing this cast on Broadway and, being in Chicago, I can see that cast. I'm dying to see Sarah Saltzburg and the rest of the cast and I'm hoping that the show will be just as good with other talented individuals.

Wicked_fan
#27re: Spelling Bee love!
Posted: 12/12/05 at 7:29pm

love love love. so much love.

At first I didn't really like it, but then I listened to it again and fell in love. I sooo wish I could see this show performed live, I hear the improv is AMAZING.

The stage manager Andrea "Spook" Testani came to my college last month for a career thing because she lives 15 minutes from my college. I got to show her around a bit, she was awesome and I got to ask her things about how the actors were and stuff.

Ugh, I wish I could go to NYC and see the show...

still LOVE LOVE LOVE.

"Better a witty fool than a foolish wit"

-Feste from "Twelfth Night"

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#28re: Spelling Bee love!
Posted: 12/12/05 at 7:42pm

I love bee!!! i bought standing room tickets with my friend and it was worth it! the cast was amazing and the music is very catchy. I play the music regularly on my itunes. I hope to see it again this break. So spread the love! ugh back to studying.

"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!

LilDiva05 Profile Photo
LilDiva05
#29re: Spelling Bee love!
Posted: 12/12/05 at 8:33pm

I just saw Bee for the first time on Sunday, the matinee performance. I absolutely LOOOOOOVED it! I even signed up to be a guest speller! The woman who "interviewed" me was like, amazed at the fact that I'm a pre-school teacher and stuff like that LOL. Guess who waved to me like 525600 times during the show??? CELIA! *Thank you Ceely, for having MySpace* And I waved back, and we giggled hahahahaha. Unfortunately, I had to pee really bad after the show (damn kidney stones, leave me alone!), so I missed Celia coming out the exit. But I DID get to talk to Deborah and Dan for like 10 minutes, and they're both amazingly nice people.

. . . CHRISSY

elphatine
#30re: Spelling Bee love!
Posted: 12/12/05 at 8:36pm

What a wonderful show. Honestly. It's one of the best things I've seen in a long, long time. I saw it over the summer, by the way. It's clever, endearing and so full of heart. Everyone should see this - one of the few shows where there's truly something for everyone. re: Spelling Bee love!

Creative Lunatic
#31re: Spelling Bee love!
Posted: 12/12/05 at 10:48pm

And let's have some love for Dan(William Barfee) Fogler who New York Magazine just named Best Breakthrough in Theater 2005
I KNOW!

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#32re: Spelling Bee love!
Posted: 12/12/05 at 10:58pm

Yay Dan! Mazel Tov!!

(and CL- the kid from sat is one of my students, not my daughter!)

charliebrownkid Profile Photo
charliebrownkid
#33re: Spelling Bee love!
Posted: 12/12/05 at 11:02pm

ive seen it 3 times... and ill see it again and again... i love this show soooooo incredibly much... its no intimate and u really get in touch with the characters... for gods sake! even the lobby is part of the show!

Creative Lunatic
#34re: Spelling Bee love!
Posted: 12/12/05 at 11:04pm

Sorry- Liotte----I tried to find post before I sent message
but whatever---I'm happy she got to be a guest speller....

elphatine
#35re: Spelling Bee love!
Posted: 12/12/05 at 11:06pm

YAY DAN! re: Spelling Bee love!

gumbo2 Profile Photo
gumbo2
#36re: Spelling Bee love!
Posted: 12/12/05 at 11:07pm

I loved Spelling Bee when I saw it. I had heard the recording and thought it was good, but seeing it live was incredible. "Spook" is like, my cousin-in-law's brother's girlfriend, I think that's pretty funny.

spellingbee_ROCKS007 Profile Photo
spellingbee_ROCKS007
#37re: Spelling Bee love!
Posted: 12/12/05 at 11:39pm

GO DAN!!

I can finally afford to see a Broadway show! -Norbert Leo Butz

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#38re: Spelling Bee love!
Posted: 12/12/05 at 11:47pm

Spelling Bee is my favorite show on Broadway right now.
I love everything about it.
I've seen it four times (3 on Broadway, 1 off- Broadway).
I saw Jesse L. Ferguson and Sarah Saltzberg at Dog Sees God tonight!

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

Creative Lunatic
#39re: Spelling Bee love!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 3:35pm

I know we can get some more love out of this thread--
Work with me here!!!!!

SpellRENT777
#40re: Spelling Bee love!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 3:54pm

Spelling Bee is an incredible show! I went to the wicked lottery, lost, won the Spelling Bee lottery, and was so glad I did! It is such a fun show, and has the best audience involvement out there! I sat in the front row all the way on stage left and during one point, a man behind me and I laughed and Jose Llana (Chip) turned to us and said, "Shut up!" perfectly in character! It was great! Then, we said, "Aww!" and he turned to us again with a horrible face! It was just the funniest! Everyone has to see this!

bwayfreakgua Profile Photo
bwayfreakgua
#41re: Spelling Bee love!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 3:58pm

Totally loved Spelling Bee... It was my first time winning a lottery, so the whole experience was G-R-E-A-T! Loved the cute "Beeing here is w-i-n-n-i-n-g" button they give you when you win.

I'm so sorry I missed Dan Fogler though, but the whole cast was amazing!

SweetQintheLights
#42re: Spelling Bee love!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 4:30pm

I love this show and it's so great because it is different each time.
I love Celia and her character. I could see myself playing Olive. The two parts in any shows I can see myself in is Olive (Spelling Bee) and Penny (Hairspray)

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

HighlyUnrealistic Profile Photo
HighlyUnrealistic
#43re: Spelling Bee love!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 4:52pm

"I'm so sorry I missed Dan Fogler though, but the whole cast was amazing! "

Does that mean you saw Todd?? I looove him.

"You know who I think is sexy? Robbie Hart." "You think the 'Time to Make the Donuts' guy is sexy."

ashley0139
#44re: Spelling Bee love!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 4:53pm

I won the lotto and I didn't get a pin! Now I am VERY upset!

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#45re: Spelling Bee love!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 5:16pm

SpellRent777-

Similar to that experience, in the show on Saturday night, a woman in the front row (2nd seat from the end by the bleachers where the spellers sit) was practically sleeping, eyes closed and everything. Jesse (Leaf Coneybear), during "I'm not that Smart" completely in character during the line "Guess what, you know what, I've got a gentle personality..." tapped the woman on the shoulder, said WAKE UP, and did the Meet the Parents 'eyes watching' thing with like 2 fingers pointed at his eyes and then hers. It was so funny. I'm probably the only one who noticed though.

DancNdaMoonlite Profile Photo
DancNdaMoonlite
#46re: Spelling Bee love!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 5:56pm

"L-O-V-E Bee!! (Oh my that was cheesy)."
Lolol

I saw the show in October and loved it!

Leah5290
#47re: Spelling Bee love!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 6:46pm

"I just saw Bee for the first time on Sunday, the matinee performance. I absolutely LOOOOOOVED it!"

my little sister was at that performance for a bat mitzvah party and she came home IN LOVE with it!
i'm the only person in my family who hasn't seen it yet...and i need to go!

how are the lottos?

i think i may wanna go the 28th mat...is standing room good?

Creative Lunatic
#48re: Spelling Bee love!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 6:54pm

Yes---Since the theater is so intimate and a perfect venue for this show---standing room provides good views. Also, since the show is under 2 hours and you have a bar to lean on---it really is not uncomfortable.
Just get yourself to The Bee....
You can thank this love thread later....

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#49re: Spelling Bee love!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 6:57pm

They have a few more "Parent-Teacher Night" shows coming up, one in Jan, one in Feb, and one in March. I'm excited!!! And yes, they will have standing room for them this time!