Spider Man the Musical

#0Spider Man the Musical
Posted: 12/16/05 at 7:06pm

I have heard, and I am not sure from where, that there is a Spider-Man musical in pre-production. Anyone else hear this? Any thoughts? Will anyone want to see it?

xrent_headx Profile Photo
xrent_headx
#1re: Spider Man the Musical
Posted: 12/16/05 at 7:12pm

OH dear

That is all i have to say!

- I might be smart - No day but today

dancing_through_life Profile Photo
dancing_through_life
#2re: Spider Man the Musical
Posted: 12/16/05 at 7:15pm

i definitly have not heard that. . . wow that would be BIZARRE!

*Do you think you can make me sing. . . I sing for myself, you can get me there but do you really think you can make me sing?*-Judy Garland

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#3re: Spider Man the Musical
Posted: 12/16/05 at 7:20pm

I heard of this a few years back, dont know what happend though. . . . . . .

Mandi Moo Profile Photo
Mandi Moo
#4re: Spider Man the Musical
Posted: 12/16/05 at 7:21pm

Yeesh, that sounds like a potential train wreck.

rowers unite Profile Photo
rowers unite
#5re: Spider Man the Musical
Posted: 12/16/05 at 7:28pm

i remeber a few years ago, either at Universal Studios in LA or it was Disney Land in Anihem, im pretty sure it was Universal there was a Spiderman Musical....

but it was like Spiderman to "well-known songs" like they would be acting out scenese from Spiderman with a guy in a Spidey coustum and everything, but singing "Bringing Down the House" or something like that....

is that what u mean?

ps ( i left 5mins in)

#6re: Spider Man the Musical
Posted: 12/16/05 at 7:32pm

No, but eeek that sounds fun. No I heard that just recently that there is a spider man musical in pre-production and I was told names like Bono and Juile Taymor, but my freind likes to mess with me so it could all be a lie, (lets hope it is a lie)

musicalgeek13 Profile Photo
musicalgeek13
#7re: Spider Man the Musical
Posted: 12/16/05 at 7:37pm

oh dear oh dear... I really hope that it is all a lie. I guess if it were playing, i might see it, but most likely not. What would they sing??? Theres like no music. It would have to be like "I just got bit by a spiiiiiiideeeerrrr!!" oh boy...

rowers unite Profile Photo
rowers unite
#8re: Spider Man the Musical
Posted: 12/16/05 at 7:42pm

ThearterMan- it was fun, but kinda disapointing... thats why we left, there was a lot of pyro-technics so it was also really smokey almost to a point that we thought it was a malfunction.... my brother and sister and i were like thats not good, so we left before there was a fire or something.... but it was entertaing for the first few minutes

mauriposa
#9re: Spider Man the Musical
Posted: 12/16/05 at 7:43pm

Aye. And I thought "Lord of the Rings" was pushing it . . .

Jon
#10re: Spider Man the Musical
Posted: 12/16/05 at 8:46pm

How can Spidey sing when his mask covers his mouth?

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#11re: Spider Man the Musical
Posted: 12/16/05 at 8:53pm

how ridiculous.........I hope this is NOT true

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

justpeachy
#12re: Spider Man the Musical
Posted: 12/16/05 at 9:02pm

Yes, it's completely ridiculous...but I think if done right it could be really cool. I wouldn't pay to see it, though.
Updated On: 12/16/05 at 09:02 PM

catstagestud Profile Photo
catstagestud
#13re: Spider Man the Musical
Posted: 12/16/05 at 9:06pm

I'm not sure who I heard it from but someone here at my school had mentioned they'd heard Julie Taymore would direct it with a score by Bono. I'm not sure what I think about it. Who knows :-P

Cheers,

C.

www.christopherviolett.com

stylinbohemian
#14re: Spider Man the Musical
Posted: 12/16/05 at 9:36pm

....interesting, must watch for news of this

"If There's One Thing to Learn it's You Just Can't Go Wrong If You Follow Your Heart, and End With A Song"

broadway_freak2
#15re: Spider Man the Musical
Posted: 12/16/05 at 11:54pm

I heard this when, I think, the first Spider-Man movie came out. I love Spider-Man (movies, comics, and cartoons) but nooooo.... no no no no no! What would be songs in this?
"Ew... Sticky... somethings sticky... my gosh, whats thiiiiiiis? This icky, goo-ey, web thing coming out of my Haaaaand!"

Maybe if it was a spoof of Spider-Man? That might be interesting...I dunno, I just dont see it.

Kicks8567
#16re: Spider Man the Musical
Posted: 12/18/05 at 10:00am

I heard about this production last eyar on Playbill and there was talks of Julie Taymore directing. And Eden Espinosa used to be in the Spider-Man musical show in Universal before Brooklyn and Wicked.
Updated On: 12/18/05 at 10:00 AM

Chenofan #1 Profile Photo
Chenofan #1
#17re: Spider Man the Musical
Posted: 12/18/05 at 11:13am

UGH!!! I would eat off my own foot before seeing Spider-Man

And.....SCENE!

kate2
#18re: Spider Man the Musical
Posted: 12/18/05 at 6:11pm

i love spiderman, but probably not in musical form! his mask covers his mouth anyway, i dont think singing with a stocking over your head will sound so great.

Roninjoey Profile Photo
Roninjoey
#19re: Spider Man the Musical
Posted: 12/18/05 at 6:21pm

There was a Spiderman musical in the 70s, but I think it's more just a song cycle inspired by. You can get the CD off of Amazon.com I think.

yr ronin,
joey

Jovie24 Profile Photo
Jovie24
#20re: Spider Man the Musical
Posted: 12/19/05 at 12:02am

Yes, there were talks of a SPIDER-Man musical with Julie Tamyor directing it. It was a couple of years ago and it was supposed to make it's debut in 2007, right after Batman, the musical was to premiere.

The show was to be produced by the now late Tony Adams. So maybe it got pushed back because their main producer passed away unexpectaly!

Here is the article from Playbill.com last year:

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/87231.html

Enjoy!

Oh and the SPIDER-MAN musical EXTRAVAGANZE is at UNIVERSAl Studios and it sucks. Well except for the first scene when SPIDER-MAN himself comes down shirtless...hehe sorry!!!

"Now the best way to learn the theater, always, is to be a stage manager" -Stephen Sondheim

Roninjoey Profile Photo
Roninjoey
#21re: Spider Man the Musical
Posted: 12/19/05 at 12:28am

No apologies necessary.

yr ronin,
joey

RentBoy86
#22re: Spider Man the Musical
Posted: 12/19/05 at 1:16am

yeah, iheard about this. I hate u2, but maybe it will be good with julie?

rockfenris2005
#23re: Spider Man the Musical
Posted: 12/19/05 at 8:28am

Batman the Musical hadn't anything, whatsoever, to do with this. If Lestat succeeds, Warner Bros. may choose to produce Batman after all

Spiderman, from my understanding, is being done by a totally different group.

Jim Steinman, of Meat Loaf and Bonnie Tyler fame, is supposed to be working on music and lyrics for Batman: with David Ives on book.

At Steinman's OTT cabaret, one of the producers commented that it had been cancelled

Who can explain it, who can tell you why? Fools give you reasons, wise men never try -South Pacific

tthomas76 Profile Photo
tthomas76
#24re: Spider Man the Musical
Posted: 12/19/05 at 8:32am

Please no.... This is sooooooooo wrong and stupid.

Videos