john & jen in Toronto

em22
#0john & jen in Toronto
Posted: 1/4/06 at 10:49am

john & jen in Toronto

Hi everyone,

Sorry for this shameless self-promotion, but I'm hoping that some of the T.O. folks may be interested in joining us again at this year's show.

See the playbill article below for more information or check out our website at www.johnandjen.ca

Mitchell Marcus
Artistic Producer
Acting Up Stage Theatre Company
Toronto Premiere of Musical john & jen Begins Jan. 26

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#1re: john & jen in Toronto
Posted: 1/4/06 at 9:22pm

Mitchell,

I saw your production of tick, tick...BOOM! and loved it. I will definitely be seeing this several times. Oh and thank you for producing these new musicals in Toronto. Someone needs to.

Akiva

Hoof
#2re: john & jen in Toronto
Posted: 1/4/06 at 9:59pm

I really really want to go. . . just need a ride. :S

em22
#3re: john & jen in Toronto
Posted: 1/4/06 at 11:56pm

Thanks Akiva.

I love these types of shows and was thrilled that there was such a strong audience response to tick, tick...BOOM!. john & jen is tricky since it is definitely not as well known. But (in my humble opinion) it is a gorgeous score and our cast is really kick-ass, so I hope Toronto gives it a chance as well!

Mitchell

RENTingFAME Profile Photo
RENTingFAME
#4re: john & jen in Toronto
Posted: 1/5/06 at 12:12am

Live in Chicago, so I can't come, but...

John and Jen is a great show... my theatre did it last year. It's very touching and does take an interesting look at family and relationships. I always cried at the end of act I.

Best of luck!

Measure your life in love, RENTheads, and keep it always in your heart.

Avatar: Me with Al Larson, Jonathan Larson's father.

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#5re: john & jen in Toronto
Posted: 1/5/06 at 12:20am

I really enjoyed your TICK TICK BOOM too. And I thought Kyle Blair was fabulous in Stratford's INTO THE WOODS, so you're probably gonna see me at J&J.

BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."

MarkCohen
#6re: john & jen in Toronto
Posted: 1/5/06 at 12:42am

Kyle Blair is in it? I loved him in ITW as well. Hmmm, maybe I can scrounge up a ride to this.

bare_nakedlady Profile Photo
bare_nakedlady
#7re: john & jen in Toronto
Posted: 1/5/06 at 1:33am

OH Man! I'm coming to see LOTR the weekend after J&J closes I know its early, but here's hoping for an extension re: john & jen in Toronto

"It's like children's theatre for 40-year old gay people!" - XANADU THE MUSICAL

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#9re: john & jen in Toronto
Posted: 1/13/06 at 4:21pm

Begins January 26th.

BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#10re: john & jen in Toronto
Posted: 1/13/06 at 6:29pm

I am off thiat wk so hoping v much to catch it. I like Lippa and your cast!

xrent_headx Profile Photo
xrent_headx
#11re: john & jen in Toronto
Posted: 1/13/06 at 6:40pm

Tick Tick BOOM was in Canada in Febuary and i missed it re: john & jen in Toronto booo

but i will definatly try and go to this one its sounds good... but ive never heard of the theatre.

- I might be smart - No day but today

erinrebecca
#12re: john & jen in Toronto
Posted: 1/13/06 at 7:00pm

Wow, what a small world. I have a friend of a friend who's working with Acting Up in some capacity as a volunteer or a committee member or something like that, Mitchell. She's a U of T student, and her initials are A.M. :) I heard about J&J in Toronto. Best of luck with the show!