pixeltracker

The Woman in White - Love Thread!

The Woman in White - Love Thread!

Piazzaslight Profile Photo
Piazzaslight
#0The Woman in White - Love Thread!
Posted: 1/6/06 at 4:23pm

This thead is the undisputed, genuine WiW appreciation thread. A lot of people on this board (Not all, but quite a few) seem to like this show a lot, me including. It's my favorite show I saw on Broadway this year. Oh, ad this score is MUCH better than PHANTOM, the composers other work. So... Let's start the loving! :) I know this thread has come a little early, but I can't stop talking about how much I liked this show enough.

Oh, and I was also wondering what the WIW lovers will call themselves... All I thought up was "People in White." I know, lame. Suggestions, anyone?

The OFFICIAL loving starts... Now.

MARGARET: "Clara, stop that. That's illegal." - The Light in the Piazza

"I'm not in Bambi and I'm not blonde!" - Idina Menzel

GClef2 Profile Photo
GClef2
#1re: The Woman in White - Love Thread!
Posted: 1/6/06 at 4:25pm

I totally agree, and the cast is ABSOLUTELY first rate. Every performer stands out and the story is actually meaty and rich. Jill Paice as Laura is just amazing---I can't go on enough about how wonderful she is.

"The only way we live beyond our lives is to connect and carve ourselves into the souls of those we love." -Little Fish

YayJudyYayJudy Profile Photo
YayJudyYayJudy
#2re: The Woman in White - Love Thread!
Posted: 1/6/06 at 4:27pm

well, "officially" the love started a while ago... for me at least... but why not make it public? Here's to a long and enjoyable run for my favorite show, that carrys the most talented and stellar cast I've ever seen and a story and score that deserves to be commended and rewarded

proudly changing my name frequently since 2004

chances are AndyF is posting above or below me...

"THIS is how you dress for the Tony's, get it!? Ok, see you at the after-party..." [YAHM]
Updated On: 1/6/06 at 04:27 PM

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#3re: The Woman in White - Love Thread!
Posted: 1/6/06 at 4:32pm

i love it!!! i think ALW gets better and better and takes more risks...and yes...Jill is Amazing!

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Now Ulla Dance
#4re: The Woman in White - Love Thread!
Posted: 1/6/06 at 4:34pm

how about "Whiteheads"

if thats the case...i'll be the first to declare myself an offical WHITEHEAD!

YayJudyYayJudy
#5re: The Woman in White - Love Thread!
Posted: 1/6/06 at 4:35pm

ew, no... whiteheads sound like something Neutrogena is making a product for.

"THIS is how you dress for the Tony's, get it!? Ok, see you at the after-party..." [YAHM]
Updated On: 1/6/06 at 04:35 PM

Now Ulla Dance
#6re: The Woman in White - Love Thread!
Posted: 1/6/06 at 4:39pm

Twas a joke judy

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#7re: The Woman in White - Love Thread!
Posted: 1/6/06 at 4:41pm

"whiteheads" sounds like some kind of drug users...lol...but it sounds better than "people in white"

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

YayJudyYayJudy
#8re: The Woman in White - Love Thread!
Posted: 1/6/06 at 4:42pm

... thanks Ulla. So does that mean I'm cancelling the jacket order?

sharon1
#9re: The Woman in White - Love Thread!
Posted: 1/6/06 at 4:42pm

I think I would call myself a "Fosco-ite" I love this show and can't wait to see it again. I love the score, the melodrama, the innovative sets, and the performances. They are the best. My only suggestion is to improve the fatsuit. Doesn't seem healthy to me.

#10re: The Woman in White - Love Thread!
Posted: 1/6/06 at 4:43pm

the WilkieWhites

(in honor of Wilkie Collins and TWIW)

Now Ulla Dance
#11re: The Woman in White - Love Thread!
Posted: 1/6/06 at 4:48pm

s'ok judy, i all ready stopped making the offical club avatar

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#12re: The Woman in White - Love Thread!
Posted: 1/6/06 at 5:21pm

I still haven't seen the show, but I'm in love with the music.

Thank you.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Lome2 Profile Photo
Lome2
#13re: The Woman in White - Love Thread!
Posted: 1/6/06 at 5:31pm

I love WIW! I saw the show on both, London and Broadway. It would be hard to say which version I enjoyed the most.
WIW is perfect for the Palace Theater in London and I prefered Martin Crewes as Walter, but for the rest of the cast I prefer the Bway version.
About the ending.... I think I stay with the original London one.
The whole wedding/graveyard scene at Bway didn't work for me that well (the score did, but not the staging).

Has anyone heard Webber's "The Likes of Us"? It was interesting to find the "I hope you like it here" song with different lyrics.

phantom8019
#14re: The Woman in White - Love Thread!
Posted: 1/6/06 at 6:07pm

Got the CD in Feb 2005, saw the Broadway production in November.
Loved every minute of it.

jo
#15re: The Woman in White - Love Thread!
Posted: 1/6/06 at 6:28pm

For the umpteenth time - may I say that this is an excellent show and ranks among my favourites of Andrew Lloyd Webber's works in musical theatre?

I have seen both the London and the Broadway productions - and everytime I had seen it, I found myself liking it more and more re: The Woman in White - Love Thread!

The plot is gripping, the musical score is romantic and haunting, the sets are innovative and beautiful, and it has one of the best singing and acting casts on Broadway! What more can you want in your musical?

Jo

sharon1
#16re: The Woman in White - Love Thread!
Posted: 1/6/06 at 8:04pm

Nothing more, Jo, nothing more. I agree completely

ALWrules Profile Photo
ALWrules
#17re: The Woman in White - Love Thread!
Posted: 1/6/06 at 8:48pm

It really is an amazing show, and it has some amazing tunes. I Believe My Heart and Trying Not to Notice make me teary, and You Can Get Away With ANything is one of the more humorous songs I have heard done in musical theater. It is well staged, and the story is of course terrific. I really hope it does well, because it deserves to.

Keep your morals, I don't have time. Keep your lovers, I'm changing mine! -The Likes of Us

sharon1
#18re: The Woman in White - Love Thread!
Posted: 1/6/06 at 9:07pm

I have to agree with You Can Get Away With Anything. It is verrrrry funny and done oh so well.

Alie
#19re: The Woman in White - Love Thread!
Posted: 1/6/06 at 9:10pm

I saw the show in London on Wednesday afternoon, and absolutely adored it. I have the cast recording, but I never particularly took to it - I think part of the problem was Michael Crawford, though, his voice grates on me like almost nothing else.

The current London cast are excellent. I loved Alex Silber (Laura), Damian Humbley (Walter) and David Burt (Fosco) in particular.

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#20re: The Woman in White - Love Thread!
Posted: 1/6/06 at 10:00pm

Lets just be the White Chicks!

Love this show! Question i was listening to the Cast recording and was wondering does Angela Christian still use the really bad scottish/irish accent?

(I saw it during the strike and Angela wasn't in)

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#21re: The Woman in White - Love Thread!
Posted: 1/6/06 at 10:03pm

I'm not sure I get what you mean.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#22re: The Woman in White - Love Thread!
Posted: 1/6/06 at 10:08pm

On the cast recording Angela uses this terribly bad accent, does she still use it now that the show has come to Broadway

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#23re: The Woman in White - Love Thread!
Posted: 1/6/06 at 10:09pm

On the cast recording Angela uses this terribly bad accent, does she still use it now that the show has come to Broadway

jimmirae Profile Photo
jimmirae
#24re: The Woman in White - Love Thread!
Posted: 1/6/06 at 10:09pm

WIW, Michael Ball & Maria Friedman - WE LOVE YOU!
(Love those funny Rats of Fosco's too!!)

"It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance." - Elizabeth Taylor

Videos