Woman in White?

ashers2u Profile Photo
ashers2u
#0Woman in White?
Posted: 2/9/06 at 1:27pm

i know its closing soon... i really dont know ANYTHING about it, including plot and music.....is it worth it to see on bway before it closes? If so, it doesnt have a lottery, so does anyone have suggestions as to how to get cheap tix? thanks yall

I was lost 'til I heard the drums, then I found my way
Updated On: 2/9/06 at 01:27 PM

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#1re: Women in White?
Posted: 2/9/06 at 1:29pm

it's "Woman" in White. And it is closing soon. Go see it before it's too late.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

chernjam Profile Photo
chernjam
#2re: Women in White?
Posted: 2/9/06 at 1:30pm

As for cheap tickets - go to Ticketmaster, plug in code WWPLAY2 in the Special Options/promo section. $110 for $65

It's worth the $110, but with the discount available, might as well take advantage of it...

Mark in Oakland
#3re: Women in White?
Posted: 2/9/06 at 1:40pm

My advice to you is to save your money & time & pass on seeing this absolutely DREADFUL show. It is truly Andrew Llloyd Webber's worst musical (I did like most of his others). Furthermore, It has been announced that Michael Ball will noty be returning to the cast before the show rightfully closes.

Instead, go see something memorable/enjoyable like "Sweeney Todd" or "Jersey Boys" or "Light In The Piazza".

Mark in Oakland
#4re: Women in White?
Posted: 2/9/06 at 1:41pm

My advice to you is to save your money & time & pass on seeing this absolutely DREADFUL show. It is truly Andrew Llloyd Webber's worst musical (I did like most of his others). Furthermore, It has been announced that Michael Ball will not be returning to the cast before the show rightfully closes.

Instead, go see something memorable/enjoyable like "Sweeney Todd" or "Jersey Boys" or "Light In The Piazza".

ashers2u Profile Photo
ashers2u
#5re: Woman in White?
Posted: 2/9/06 at 1:41pm

haaaaa i definitely know it's "Woman in White" and i laughed out loud when i saw my typo. sorry WIW fans, don't kill me :)

I was lost 'til I heard the drums, then I found my way

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#6re: Woman in White?
Posted: 2/9/06 at 1:43pm

i enjoyed WIW 100 times more than Sweeney Todd. Just my experience.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

kec Profile Photo
kec
#7re: Woman in White?
Posted: 2/9/06 at 2:42pm

Most definitely worth a visit prior to its closing.

sciguy
#8re: Woman in White?
Posted: 2/9/06 at 3:32pm

IMHO definitely worth a look before it closes.
Try to see it if you can.
People tried to talk me out of seeing Taboo before it closed. I'm glad I didn't listen.
WIW will not be missed by all, but it will be missed by me.

Kevo711 Profile Photo
Kevo711
#9re: Woman in White?
Posted: 2/9/06 at 3:37pm

Last row Mezz. are $25 and great seats for the price. And chances are you will be able to move closer at intermission since there are bound to be empty seats. I loved the show, by the way!

smartpenguin78 Profile Photo
smartpenguin78
#10re: Woman in White?
Posted: 2/9/06 at 3:45pm

It seems to be very polarizing, I had $25 tickets from TDF and I felt like I wasted both my time and money.

I would not ever tell anyone not to go, personal tastes vary widely. You may love it, as several have.

It was the set that really created the greatest discomfort for me though, and the plot/ lack of character depth.

The score and acting were rather enjoyable.

I stand corrected, you are as vapid as they say.

Myth8r
#11re: Woman in White?
Posted: 2/9/06 at 6:23pm

Firstly it's the best thing ALW has written since Evita. It's melodies are compex and smart. His orchestration is fantastic (except for too much synth) and he is actually trying to tell a story, not just write a catchy tune. That's not to say the show isn't FULL of flaws. It is! But to say it's the worst thing he's written is just ignorant and shows a complete lack of musicality. Please, keep in mind I HATE ALW shows and his music, but this show has merit and it deserved a longer life.
I say GO AND SEE IT WHILE YOU CAN. It's worth a TKTS ticket and the performers are amazing.

Amy3
#12re: Woman in White?
Posted: 2/9/06 at 6:26pm

Myth8r,
I couldn't agree more. It's not perfect but it's worth seeing. I liked it more then Sweeney Todd and that is a PERFECT show.

joeybiltmore1
#13re: Woman in White?
Posted: 2/9/06 at 6:28pm

Read the book.

Skip the show.

AnotherDay46 Profile Photo
AnotherDay46
#14re: Woman in White?
Posted: 2/9/06 at 7:05pm

I loved it, it's worth a visit I think.

musicalfan
#15re: Woman in White?
Posted: 2/9/06 at 8:18pm

Go see it! I'm so glad I made it in time. I loved it and am sad it's leaving. I'd go again if I lived in NYC!

By the way, I'd say read the book AND see the show. They are entirely different but both great (just like with "Wicked" the book and "Wicked" the musical).

Videos