Nicest Broadway Stars?

Dame Fanadette Profile Photo
Dame Fanadette
#50re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 2/14/06 at 7:45pm

Bernadette Peters is extremely nice. Always a large crowd but she talks to most if not all of them.

DF loves the little children, all the children of the world black and yellow, gay or straight, they are perfect in her light DF loves all the children of the world-Dame Fanadette

Dame Fanadette Profile Photo
Dame Fanadette
#51re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 2/14/06 at 7:45pm

Bernadette Peters is extremely nice. Always a large crowd but she talks to most if not all of them.

DF loves the little children, all the children of the world black and yellow, gay or straight, they are perfect in her light DF loves all the children of the world-Dame Fanadette

ohhoney_ Profile Photo
ohhoney_
#52re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 2/14/06 at 7:52pm

i met paige davis after seeing her play roxie hart and she hugged me. she was so sweeeet. i just well up thinking about it.

i've never met gregory jbara but i emailed him & he emailed me back and so on for a little while. he seems nothing but appreciative and lovely.

MWAH! -Meghan

NYC PART III: 24 sleeps!

Andre:I'll miss you.
Muriel: You will?
Andre: Only if you leave.

starsinger Profile Photo
starsinger
#53re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 2/14/06 at 8:15pm

idina is AMAZING if you don't like scream in her face like a 2 year old
tracie thoms, anthony rapp, Stephanie D'Ambruzzo, Barret Foa, Eden Espinosa ( haha we fought over who would take the cab...she wanted us to take it, we wanted her to take it..it was cute), Megan Hilty...yea theyre all amazing

kover22 Profile Photo
kover22
#54re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 2/14/06 at 9:33pm

Not sure if he counts since he has only done 2 shows over here, but Michael Ball is by far the nicest man I have EVER met in my life.

I have RSD...but it doesn't have me!!!!

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#55re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 2/14/06 at 9:49pm

Really? EVER? In your life?? Have you had meals with him, enjoyed social activities together, cried on his shoulder, been to his wedding?

Let's keep some perspective here.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#56re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 2/14/06 at 9:52pm

Way to be an ass.

He / she was referring to other actors I'm sure. No one wants your ansty comments, so be gone before i drop kick your ass!

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#57re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 2/14/06 at 9:54pm

*whoosh*

The sound of sarcasm flying over your head.

the nicest man I have EVER met in my life.

Think about it! And then don't threaten Rath! re: Nicest Broadway Stars?

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#58re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 2/14/06 at 9:55pm

Read what she said. She said nicest MAN, not nicest ACTOR. And I wasn't only referring to her, just using that post as an example.

We tend to think actors' stage door behavior speaks to what they are like in real life. I know Mr. Ball is a nice guy - we have a mutual friend. I'm not questioning that. But trust me when I tell you that some people who are wonderful at the stage door, and great to their fans, are not so great in their real lives to the people around them on a daily basis. Not enough people realize that they are doing a job at the stage door. We need to make that distinction. Anything further is delusional.

ETA: Thanks for having my back, Em!

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
Updated On: 2/14/06 at 09:55 PM

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#59re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 2/14/06 at 9:56pm

My post was a joke lol.

I haven't talked to you since the day I saw Chitty over the summer. How have you been handling not seeing the show every night? lol.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

luvtheEmcee
#60re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 2/14/06 at 9:58pm

*snort*

Trust me, I got over it. :)

ANYWAY, I feel like Michael Ball is one of those people that just LOOKS like a nice guy, you know?

Anthony3 Profile Photo
Anthony3
#61re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 2/14/06 at 10:07pm

The nicest stars I've met:

David Gaschen - the friendliest man i have met, he is so cool.

Sandra Joseph - wow! shes amazing. she invited me backstage and we were chatting in her dressing room! She is AWESOME!!

Howard McGillin - He let me watch him get his make-up taken off after a performance of The Phantom! That was neat!!

Peter Lockyer - he became friendly with me in Sandra's dresing room, and at the stage door a few times. He also took me on the stage after a performance of The Phantom!!

LouW95
#62re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 2/14/06 at 10:17pm

I have seen many stars over the last 40 years and must say that of the current group, Anthony Rapp and Brian Stokes Mitchell make the fans feel like old friends. Polly Bergen was continually gracious to the fans when she did Follies and Six Dance Lessons. Lily Tomlin asked me to retake a photo because she blinked. That really was very impressive. On the other hand, I have witnessed Harvey Fierstein be very rude more than once for absolutley no reason. While he does many wonderful things for charity, perhaps he should avoid the fans, if they disturb him that much.

Updated On: 2/16/06 at 10:17 PM

broadwayboy430 Profile Photo
broadwayboy430
#63re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 2/14/06 at 10:32pm

For me, Eden Espinoza, Harvey Fierstein when he is eating in the Jewish caf Katolatiz, and Chenoweth. Yeah, that's it. And RATH, I have a totally not-ment-to-be-offensive question: Do you have a dry sense of humor that is often taken as hard-assy, or is that just your style. Again, nothing personal. For while you are mistaken for hard-assy, I am mistaken for gay because I am a male theater-loving ballet dancer. See, no hard feelings. Wow, I have a tangent problem. The End.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#64re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 2/14/06 at 10:41pm

I'm a hard-ass because I love.

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#65re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 2/14/06 at 10:54pm

Stephanie J. Block, Eden Espinosa, Angela Lansburry, Stephanie D' abruzzo.

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

galindagirl
#66re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 2/15/06 at 12:35am

anthony rapp and norbert leo butz are the nicest

amasis Profile Photo
amasis
#67re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 2/15/06 at 12:59am

ANYWAY, I feel like Michael Ball is one of those people that just LOOKS like a nice guy, you know?

Meaning... you don't think he actually is? Because...?

I mean, I don't know if he's nice or not; and as people who have complained to me about actors' stage-door behavior know, I place little importance on the mask they may/may not put on at the stage door. But... just curious about your comment, Em.

And as an afterthought: since the context here is presumably, 'Which actor act nicest toward their fans at the stage door?' then from what I hear Mr. Ball does very well in that department. re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Updated On: 2/15/06 at 12:59 AM

luvtheEmcee
#68re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 2/15/06 at 1:03am

Silly! No. I mean he looks like a friendly, jolly fellow. :) Like... if you looked at him, you would probably go "aw, I bet he's nice!" You know, you can sometimes make a prediction for what someone might be like from afar.

Updated On: 2/15/06 at 01:03 AM

amasis Profile Photo
amasis
#69re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 2/15/06 at 1:08am

BUT, BUT.... YOU TOTALLY BADMOUTHED HIM! I'M DECLARING WAR ON YOU!!!!!

Got it, Em. re: Nicest Broadway Stars? Sorry. (I'd blame my lack of reading comprehension on the fact that it's "late", except that here, it's the middle of the day. So it's totally because some neighbor's cats kept me up last night. Damn them.)
Updated On: 2/15/06 at 01:08 AM

luvtheEmcee
#70re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 2/15/06 at 1:09am

*throws flames in your general direction*

Shut up, I love the attention.

amasis Profile Photo
amasis
#71re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 2/15/06 at 1:12am

And by the way, I hear Adam Pascal is an ******* and an ******** ***** at the stage door. Take that!!

(Hm. I don't threadjack very often. That was kinda fun. I'll stop now, though.)

luvtheEmcee
#72re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 2/15/06 at 1:15am

I know, I know. And Esparza hates my guts. shhhhh.

It's fun, isn't it?!

Updated On: 2/15/06 at 01:15 AM

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#73re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 2/15/06 at 3:26am

Makes perfect sense for that to be the case Em. For all those times you decided to say nothing to him, he just can't stand what a bother you are re: Nicest Broadway Stars? (Okay, you have gotten much better, but still couldn't resist)

Okay back to ontopic:

Greg Jbara, Laura Marie Duncan, Joe Cassidy, Dennis Stowe, Sara Gettelfinger, Rachelle Rak, Anthony Rapp, Adam Pascal, Rodney To, Matthew Morrison, Jenn Gambatese, Cheyenne Jackson, Michael Arden, Robb Sapp, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Deborah S. Craig, Celia Keenan-Bolger, Daphne Ruben Vega, Raul Esparza, John Tartaglia, Barrett Foa, Ann Harada, Donna Lynne Champlain, Diana Dimarzio, Karmine Alers, Victoria Clark, Michael Berresse, Mark Harelik, Will Chase, Hugh Panaro, Jeff Goldblum, Billy Crudup, Chita Rivera, Wilson Jermaine Heredia, Denis O'Hare

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli
Updated On: 2/15/06 at 03:26 AM

londonbaby Profile Photo
londonbaby
#74re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
Posted: 2/15/06 at 5:16am

well iv only met a few, but they were VERY nice re: Nicest Broadway Stars?

Christina Applegate- she was sooo lovely and when i met her she made sure she talked to everyone and signed autographs, i was completely starstruck when i met her(im a VERY big fan of f.r.i.e.n.d.s)

Sandra Joseph- she didnt invite me backstage like someone said on this thread, but then again there wer loads of people there and it would have been a bit difficult! she was just really sweet and friendly...and i loved her bag lol

both reached for the gun!