#75RENT DVD at circuit city
Posted: 2/21/06 at 10:06pm

So it was all just a scam?

"How do you like THAT 'misanthropic panache,' Mr. Goldstone?" - PalJoey

mesmerized24601 Profile Photo
mesmerized24601
#76RENT DVD at circuit city
Posted: 2/21/06 at 10:08pm

I guess the answer to that is still to be seen!

...and still you hold on, to every old song... - Adam Pascal

Kringas
#77RENT DVD at circuit city
Posted: 2/21/06 at 10:08pm

Oh dear.

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#78RENT DVD at circuit city
Posted: 2/21/06 at 10:17pm

Hell, I didn't even know about the calendars. I bought my copy at Wally-World. It was only $16.50. You could get it with a copy of Center Stage for $19.99.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

#79RENT DVD at circuit city
Posted: 2/21/06 at 10:39pm

1-800-251-2665 is the home office customer service number I called, I hope there are others like me upset enough to complain.

Kringas
#80RENT DVD at circuit city
Posted: 2/21/06 at 10:40pm

What did they say when you called?

#81RENT DVD at circuit city
Posted: 2/21/06 at 10:43pm

I explained in an earlier post

Kringas
#82RENT DVD at circuit city
Posted: 2/21/06 at 10:47pm

Maybe you could start a new one.

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#83RENT DVD at circuit city
Posted: 2/21/06 at 11:35pm

It took me 4 circut citys to relize that I wasn't going to find a calander. >.<

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#84RENT DVD at circuit city
Posted: 2/22/06 at 4:26pm

I'm going now to Circuit City..I guess I should not expect a calendar.

boatsintheghetto Profile Photo
boatsintheghetto
#85RENT DVD at circuit city
Posted: 2/22/06 at 4:52pm

Yeah i only went to CC for the calender and they're like "yes we advertised for a calander but we have none." and im like grr i drove like 20 extra miles to go to that when i coulda just gotten it from kmart right by my house!

Wanderingchild5 Profile Photo
Wanderingchild5
#86RENT DVD at circuit city
Posted: 2/22/06 at 5:08pm

Argg stupid circut city we should all return our copys and buy them cheaper at wal mart lol

I'm Mary ( : I <33 Anthony rapp and Kristoffer Cusick!

Kitzarina Profile Photo
Kitzarina
#87RENT DVD at circuit city
Posted: 2/22/06 at 5:13pm

Because it's best to support a company that is horrifically exploitive to their workers than one that may have made a slight advertising mistake?

Yeah...that's the same thing.

"You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" --Family Guy

"Shut up! It's been 29 years!!!" --the incomparable Patti LuPone in her MUCH DESERVED Tony acceptance speech for Gypsy.

Kitzy's Avatar du Jour: Kitzy as Little Red Ridinghood in her college's production of "Into the Woods"

boatsintheghetto Profile Photo
boatsintheghetto
#88RENT DVD at circuit city
Posted: 2/22/06 at 5:47pm

Ok so I called like the central company and ended up getting a jerk, so i may call again later asking for someone higher up, but they connected me to local circut city and they gave me a $5 gift card because of not getting the calender...so ya'll should try to get some free money out of this atleast.

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#89RENT DVD at circuit city
Posted: 2/22/06 at 5:49pm

Honestly, wow. They are just full of sh*t over there. I only went there for my f*cking calendar. They told me to come back on Friday for a first come, first serve of the 10 they actually have. I'm like are you serious?!

Kitzarina Profile Photo
Kitzarina
#90RENT DVD at circuit city
Posted: 2/22/06 at 5:50pm

If the worst thing that ever happens to you guys is not getting a RENT calendar, consider yourself lucky.

Not like there are things like AIDS or injustice in the world. They really should make a movie that covers those issues so that you can learn about them.

Oh wait....

"You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" --Family Guy

"Shut up! It's been 29 years!!!" --the incomparable Patti LuPone in her MUCH DESERVED Tony acceptance speech for Gypsy.

Kitzy's Avatar du Jour: Kitzy as Little Red Ridinghood in her college's production of "Into the Woods"

JustChillin8908
#91RENT DVD at circuit city
Posted: 2/22/06 at 6:28pm

"Hell, I didn't even know about the calendars. I bought my copy at Wally-World. It was only $16.50."

It only cost me $15.89 at my Circuit City.

Also I think they out-sourced their customer service because my mom e-mailed them and got a reply back from some guy named Jitesh K. Who had such enlightening phrases as "I understand that you need free Calander".

JustChillin8908
#92RENT DVD at circuit city
Posted: 2/24/06 at 8:16pm

Just got my Rent Calander.

Can definetly say it was not worth it. It's about the size of a pocket planner. O well it will fit nicely in my locker.

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#93RENT DVD at circuit city
Posted: 2/24/06 at 8:53pm

heh. I mean, damn, I'm sorry.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

Wanderingchild5 Profile Photo
Wanderingchild5
#94RENT DVD at circuit city
Posted: 2/24/06 at 10:06pm

Yea ) : I wasnt happy in the size!

I'm Mary ( : I <33 Anthony rapp and Kristoffer Cusick!

Marlene Profile Photo
Marlene
#95RENT DVD at circuit city
Posted: 2/24/06 at 10:14pm

Is it crappy magazine weight? Or is it nice glossy calendar pages at least? I still need my friggin' dvd.

JustChillin8908
#96RENT DVD at circuit city
Posted: 2/24/06 at 10:16pm

I guess the paper quality is good but it's so small I'd rather have crappy paper and have a bigger calander.

JP Profile Photo
JP
#97RENT DVD at circuit city
Posted: 2/24/06 at 10:55pm

Take it from someone who at one time worked at CC in that department...despite the advertising, only certain stores WILL get the merchandise..and half are taken by employees even before the merchandise is up for display. Each store gets an average of 20 and that is it. Enjoy the DVD!

mesmerized24601 Profile Photo
mesmerized24601
#98RENT DVD at circuit city
Posted: 2/24/06 at 11:06pm

Well I got mine and I’m happy with it, it WAS free after all, besides its cute!

Hey Kitzarina, judgmental much??????????? There are tons of injustices in the world and I am sure you lead a perfect existence. Are you a vegetarian, ever buy Procter and Gable products, ever...oh forget it this is'nt worth it!

...and still you hold on, to every old song... - Adam Pascal

bdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
#99RENT DVD at circuit city
Posted: 2/24/06 at 11:32pm

All this hullabaloo over a piddling free calendar. You're all sitting in front of computers. Pick up a calendar package at Staples or Office Max. Plenty of stills from the movie out on the web. Make your own and quit your b*tching. You were all going to buy the DVD anyway, calendar or no calendar.

I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.

Puppies are babies in fur coats.

Tinfoil...The Terrorizing Terminator