Patty Lupone in matinees

stokesrocks Profile Photo
stokesrocks
#0Patty Lupone in matinees
Posted: 3/18/06 at 11:58am

I'm sorry if this has been discussed...I just don't have time to search, but does she play at all matinees? I just got tickets and want to be sure.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#1re: Patty Lupone in matinees
Posted: 3/18/06 at 12:02pm

Yes.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#2re: Patty Lupone in matinees
Posted: 3/18/06 at 12:04pm

That entire cast is scheduled for all 8 performances. Any questions, feel free to post them here or just PM me.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#3re: Patti Lupone in matinees
Posted: 3/18/06 at 12:07pm

By the way her name is spelt "Patti."

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#4re: Patti Lupone in matinees
Posted: 3/18/06 at 12:32pm

Your odds of seeing Patti (and the whole cast for that matter) are very, VERY good. She has only missed one performance, and most of the other have missed one if any. This show is exceptionally great with attendance.

On a side note (and a bit of a thread jack if you don't mind..) Does anyone know when Patti is leaving? I heard June (hence why I didn't get Sweeney tickets for my July NY trip,) but wanted to say what the "buzz" is?

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

stokesrocks Profile Photo
stokesrocks
#5re: Patti LuPone in matinees
Posted: 3/18/06 at 12:42pm

Sorry for the misspelling and I forgot to capitalize the "P" I was just in a rush and wanted to find out before I confirmed my tickets! :)
Updated On: 3/18/06 at 12:42 PM

Benzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
#6re: Patti LuPone in matinees
Posted: 3/18/06 at 12:47pm

well we know she'll be up for the Tony, and its looking like she has a real good shot at winning, so if she does, I'm sure she'll extend past June.

keatonbynumbers Profile Photo
keatonbynumbers
#7re: Patti LuPone in matinees
Posted: 3/18/06 at 12:52pm

I think she's already talked about extending her contract and that it's almost a definite.

#8re: Patti LuPone in matinees
Posted: 3/18/06 at 1:38pm

not to be ANNOYING, but this has come up a million times and its DRIVING me CRAZY. for the people who correct people's SPELLING on here, and not just you wickedgeek, so many do this.
if you're telling someone how to spell something -
is "SPELLED"...not "SPELT"....spelt is a form of grain or something that is a healther alternative to rice and pasta!!!!
ok..i feel better now. in the words of tim gunn - "CARRY ON!"

keatonbynumbers
#9re: Patti LuPone in matinees
Posted: 3/18/06 at 1:43pm

Threadjack: Actually, "spelt" is the past tense/participle of "spell"... as well as being a type of wheat. It might be a type of slang or some sort of evolution of language, but most dictionaries will tell you that it's an acceptable alternate to "spelled". Personally, I prefer "spelled", but both are correct.

Edited because I don't know why I put "wheat" in quotes, as if it's an abstract concept or something. re: Patti LuPone in matinees Updated On: 3/18/06 at 01:43 PM

Kungaloosh1937 Profile Photo
Kungaloosh1937
#10re: Patti LuPone in matinees
Posted: 3/18/06 at 2:55pm

Patti has stated on her website that she is contracted until July - and will most likely negotiate to extend.

JoizeyActor Profile Photo
JoizeyActor
#11re: Patti LuPone in matinees
Posted: 3/18/06 at 3:32pm

She's no Victoria Clark.

Lenexajones Profile Photo
Lenexajones
#12re: Patti LuPone in matinees
Posted: 3/18/06 at 3:50pm

I thought she was doing Gypsy in Chicago for some time this summer.

keatonbynumbers
#13re: Patti LuPone in matinees
Posted: 3/18/06 at 3:53pm

That's in August, I think. I don't know, she might just take off for those dates.

dirty rotten guy Profile Photo
dirty rotten guy
#14re: Patti LuPone in matinees
Posted: 3/18/06 at 4:08pm

Dont expect Patti to come out after the show though, she never signs after matinees.

"The hallmark of aristocracy is responsibility. Oh brother, that got me, that did me in!"

BSoBW2
#15re: Patti LuPone in matinees
Posted: 3/18/06 at 4:39pm

I didn't know spelt meant something. Thanks andrew! You learn something new every day!

#16re: Patti LuPone in matinees
Posted: 3/19/06 at 2:41pm

i have NEVER seen spelt being used that way, keaton! but as BsO says..you learn something new everyday...

BroadwayBaby6 Profile Photo
BroadwayBaby6
#17Does Patti pose for photos?
Posted: 3/20/06 at 4:46pm

Does anybody know if Patti poses for photos with fans at the stage door? I would love to meet her and get photographed with her.

"It does what a musical is supposed to do; it takes you to another world. And it gives you a little tune to carry in your head. Something to take you away from the dreary horrors of the real world. A little something for when you're feeling blue. You know?"

OasisBroadway
#18Does Patti pose for photos?
Posted: 3/20/06 at 5:18pm

Yes, Patti takes pictures at the stage door. I never got the impression that she was too happy doing it, but she takes them if you ask politely.

Videos