pixeltracker

Things that annoy you...- Page 2

Things that annoy you...

ProducersFan
#25re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/17/06 at 9:52pm

People who come in late. They're always the ones who are sitting in front of you. Then they move as slow as humanly possible across the row while you're desperately trying to watch the action taking place on stage.

Not enough bathroom stalls. More than 3 women might have to pee at the same time - did no one consider that?!

I feel a little better now...

"If you start from a place of joy and charm, you can get away with a lot in the second act. It may be that that's my life. I'm not sure." ~Roger Bart

meggsison
#26re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/17/06 at 9:55pm

Person: Isn't Rent that movie where everyone has AIDS?

Person: Is that the musical with 5,000,2,500,700 minutes in it?! I love that song! ::goes on to singing Seasons of Love completely wrong::

Cast recordings are NOT soundtracks, no matter how much you want to call them that. Soundtracks are for movies.

Pinballwizard, I know how that is!
Ohhhh, you sing? Sing us something!! Come on, do it!
Uhhhmmm, I'm not you're on demand iPod or something.....

The course of true love never did run smooth.

SimpleJoysHaveSimpleVoice Profile Photo
SimpleJoysHaveSimpleVoice
#27re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/17/06 at 10:25pm

Young, rich, indulgent teenage theater-goers that think they know everything about theater and post it.

(Humility is a virture...and the stage will always be the great equalizer when it comes to wit and intelligence.

Respect the stage, the writers, the actors, but rarely the producers)

"Bad theater is better than no theater" Some smart guy.

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#28re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/17/06 at 10:28pm

"You sing? Are you trying out for American Idol? Remember me when you're famous!"

Voveila. I get that ALL THE TIME. I also hate the musical/play and cast recording/soundtrack thing.

bdwybelle
#29re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/17/06 at 10:56pm

CELL PHONES - TURN THEM OFF OR PUT THEM ON VIBRATE!!!

When people say "I won't go I heard it was really bad." And you ask where they heard that, and they say "I don't remember, they just said that it was bad."

ThePinballWizard Profile Photo
ThePinballWizard
#30re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/17/06 at 11:06pm

Meg
Amen sisterfriend!

Does it say shuffle on my forehead? I suppose you want to stick that USB cord up my ::bleep:: ?

Hee Hee

"Isn't it strange that we spend most of our time learning to do what they put people in asylums for." - Jane Fonda on Acting

jimnysf
#31re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/17/06 at 11:10pm

Cell phones in the theatre
People who arrive late either at the start or after intermission
People who sing,hum, or clap along
People talking during the show
Lestat
$400 million dollar retirement packages for Exxon chairman
Cats
People who stop and stand on the corner and block the crosswalk

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.
Updated On: 4/18/06 at 11:10 PM

timote316
#32re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/17/06 at 11:19pm

Shills
People who get angry because you don't share their opinion
Cast Recording/Soundtrack

thats*like*shotastic
#33re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/17/06 at 11:21pm

* divas
* people who only like RENT because they saw the movie
* people who only know Popular from Wicked!
* divas
* people who bash things unmercifully and will not listen to another person's point of view
* poking (like when a person randomly decides to poke someone else)
* biased critics
* over-played songs
* close-minded people
* girls who decided they're bi or lesbians because it's the "popular" thing to be

Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink.

thats*like*shotastic
#34re: Things that annoy you...

* divas
* divas
* people who bash things unmercifully and will not listen to another person's point of view
* biased critics
* over-played songs
* close-minded people
* girls who decided they're bi or lesbians because it's the "popular" thing to be

thats*like*shotastic
#35re: Things that annoy you...

* divas
* divas
* biased critics
* over-played songs
* close-minded people

TheaterAddict7652
#36re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/17/06 at 11:39pm

another one who hates people who like rent only for the movie.
example:
(one year ago)
Me: I just saw Rent! It was AMAZING!
Random Person: What's it about?
Me: *explains plot*
Random Person: AIDS?! Drugs?! DRAG QUEENS?! Ew!

(present day)
Same Random Person: OMG,rent=life- rosario dawson is such a good singer! so much better than that weird girl from broadway- she sucks! *starts singing "seasons of love"

There's a lot I am not certain of...

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#37re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/17/06 at 11:40pm

Triple posts.... re: Things that annoy you... Gesundheit!

I am SO with you on the human jukebox thing! I don't just sing on command. I'm a HUMAN BEING!

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

thats*like*shotastic
#38re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/17/06 at 11:46pm

*triple and double posts
(it's kind of embarrassing)

And I liked Daphne, if that's who you were talking about. Granted, she wasn't the most gifted singer in the world, but I don't think anyone really owns that title. She was a good Mimi, although I liked Rosario's voice better.

Updated On: 4/17/06 at 11:46 PM

TheaterAddict7652
#39re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/17/06 at 11:55pm

Yes, I was talking about Daphne. I love her, but most people who have only seen the movie don't and don't know her name either. (at least those I've talked to) I agree, she isn't THE best singer in the world, but her voice grows on you and I love her voice now. In my opinion, Daphne is THE definitve Mimi, even if she isn't considered "the best singer" (just how Ellen Greene is THE defintive Audrey) and Rosario Dawson just doesn't compare. But, that's just my opinion.

There's a lot I am not certain of...

misto625 Profile Photo
misto625
#40re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/17/06 at 11:59pm

....when people say they hated Cats (I know. Save your breath. I had to say it though)
....people standing up in front of me in theatre or coming in late or talking during the show
....when people ask me "why do you like theatre?"
....when people ask me "why do you care about the cast"
....when people pretend they know more about theatre than me, or think I don't know anything
....when a Broadway show gets overhyped

Dean: Can I tell you something? Lorraine: That depends on what it is. Dean: I think you're really really pretty. Lorraine: (after a pause) Ok, you can tell me that.

thats*like*shotastic
#41re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/18/06 at 12:00am

No, I agree. She does grow on you, and she was the original Mimi. It's so her character.

*When I say I like Mimi and people go "Oh my God Rosario Dawson is so pretty and so good" and I'm like, "Actually I was talking about Daphne."

LiteMyCandlePhantom?
#42re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/18/06 at 12:04am

*Cell phones going off in theatres(twice when i saw Lestat I wanted to kill the person)
*Girls who say there idols are Idina Menzel when they only know her from wicked(I went to see See What I Wanna See and half the girls there had wicked shirts on)
*"Omg I love Wicked so much it's the best play ever"
*Girl:I love rent it's like my favortie musical
Me: Do you see the musical?
Girl:Ummm...no
*Random girls singing "Seasons Of Love" down the hallway
*Not putting up photos of Rent in fear of girls singing the whole soundtrack
*People refusing to see Rent because its "All About AIDS"
*Having little children at Dirty Rotten Scoundrels("Mommy what's that?"grrrr)
*People kicking you seats during a musical
*People saying they hate a musical then singing when you sing your favorite songs
*People assuming your a crazy fan when you say you liked Wicked(I saw it 2 days after it opened.I was a fan before the craziness)
*"Rosario Dawson it so much better then that daphne person.."
*Tourists who always stop in the middle of times square and point up..

I have so many more

"Men hate the things they fear and they fear those things which they do not understand" Susan Kay's Phantom.

bdwybelle
#43re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/18/06 at 12:08am

People who talk during the show and/or sing along. I saw Sweeney Todd and it seemed like EVERYONE in my row was either eating, talking, singing or a combination of the three. It was a horrible experience but a great show!

SimpleJoysHaveSimpleVoice Profile Photo
SimpleJoysHaveSimpleVoice
#44re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/18/06 at 12:24am

triple posts kill me!!!!

"Bad theater is better than no theater" Some smart guy.

DramaDork925
#45re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/18/06 at 12:32am

AGH! I hate the "Oh! You sing! Sing for us!" TEACHERS have done that for me. In 7th grade I had to stand up infront of my class and try and give me best rendition of Castle On A Cloud when I still had awful stage fright. I don't know about all of you, but I like to have some prep time for a perfomance.

I also hate "I love Broadway! Wicked/RENT is AWESOME!" "Do you like any Sondheim?" "Who...?"

Wait... was Popular not only in Wicked?

Am I cut out to spend my time this way?

thats*like*shotastic
#46re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/18/06 at 12:34am

Try asking someone if they know who Stephen Schwartz is, after they've gushed about how obsessed they are with Wicked. It's kind of sad.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#47re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/18/06 at 12:36am

The hype On jersey Boys
Did anyone see Bealtemania???

Updated On: 4/18/06 at 12:36 AM

jimnysf
#48re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/18/06 at 12:38am

I never saw "Beatlemania" but I remember the ads--- "Not the Beatles but an incredible simulation!". I guess the producers of that show were way ahead of their time.

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

saschasf
#49re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/18/06 at 2:26am

"People who talk during the show and/or sing along. I saw Sweeney Todd and it seemed like EVERYONE in my row was either eating, talking, singing or a combination of the three."

My grandma talks during shows. It is so, so, annooying. I try to sush her, but there is only so much you can say to your granny Luckily we only go to one musical a year together. :)