News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for saschasf

Member Name: saschasf
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Love Rent (both movie and stage show), Phantom of the Opera (the stage show), Kiss of the Spider Woman (ALL genres), Evita (more the stage show), Miss Saigonn and others. Although right now I must say I'm mainly about Rent!!! I wish very much that I knew of this site earlier, because this summer I really wanted to see Wicked in SF, but it was sold out, and I would have maybe gotten advice on how to get tickets.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Favorite Overtures
 Sep 28 2006, 12:23:05 AM
Phantom of The Opera. Just beautiful, and get you in the mood of the musical. I also like the intro to the second act.
re: Name, in reverse order, the Broadway shows you saw while you were betwe
 Sep 23 2006, 06:57:59 PM
Oops, I was about 12 when I saw Annie. Sorry guys! I think Cats was the first post 15 musical I saw.
re: Name, in reverse order, the Broadway shows you saw while you were betwe
 Sep 23 2006, 06:54:11 PM
Rent (maybe even on my 25th birthday. It was cetainly one of my presents )
Evita
Phantom of the Opera (along with most of SF)
Ms. Saigon
Les Miserables (I couldn't get into the actual stage production due to my startle reflax, but the songs are beautiful))
Secret Garden (my only actual musical seen on Broadway in this time frame. )
Cats
And of course Annie, the musical that started it all for me.

re: Script Memorization
 Sep 21 2006, 05:54:36 PM
"Do you think that lead actors in very long runs remember all their lines in shows they've done years ago?"

When I saw Rent 10, the OBC actors seemed to have a pretty good memory. (Even those not in the movie.) They were given scripts to read, but didn't seem to need them that much. Christmas Bells seemed to be the hardest, but that is a confusing song just to listen to!

re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
 Sep 12 2006, 08:22:20 PM
I had a dream where I went to the Rent 10. Two days later I found out I wwas going! I've had dreams about broadway stars, well mainly one, but I don't know if that counts. I have had dreams where I got really far in American Idol!
re: Most Beautiful Score you have ever heard
 Sep 12 2006, 07:45:16 PM
West Side Story, Sound of music. They are both just lush and pretty. Ther's a difference for me in finding a show incredibly interesting, and thinking it is beauiful.
re: High Fidelity CD sampler
 Sep 11 2006, 06:57:43 PM
The book has deep meaning for me because my ex loaned it to me when we first got together. Then when he brke my heart in a million little pieces, I ran over the book. (I use a power wheelchar, it was fun!) Anyway, I hope the songs live up to the great music in the film. I am just a little concerned about a musical like this, because the movie relies on such wonderful established songs. It should be interesting to see how it goes though.
re: Rent vs. Wicked vs Phantom of the Opera
 Sep 11 2006, 12:54:53 AM
Let it put it to you this way, I wasn't into going to see Wicked in SF BECAUSE of the fans. Rent has some pretty annoying fans too. I mean I'm a Renthead, but don't think it is the be all and end all of musical theater, Plus people dressing up in the costumes of the characters is so not my thing. Maybe I'm missing something, but I have NEVER seen an annying Phantom fan. Also, as has been pointed out, they tend to be older I think, so well, they have more stuff going on then just a love for
re: Revivals: Do the Authors Have a Say?
 Sep 10 2006, 07:00:33 PM
"My favorite case, and I forget where I heard this, was a production of Annie where they added a new scene at the end of "New Deal For Christmas." Annie wakes up in the orphanage again. The events in the show were all a dream. She sadly sings one final chorus of "Maybe." They say kids in the audience were hysterical with tears. I believe they handed that one a "cease and desist" too."
Oh my god, that is just plain mean! Do you know when that was? If the kids had seen the movie, I would bet

re: High School Musical Will Have Its Equity Premiere in Atlanta in Early 2
 Sep 6 2006, 10:32:52 AM
My four-year-old cousins wuill be thrilled!:) They think it is the best musical ever. They also still believe in Santa Clause!
re: Just a question..
 Sep 5 2006, 09:59:10 PM
I thought Christmas Bells was good. I think to do it great, the actors coould have used a bit more practice, considering the many competing lines in it. However, that song in particular, reestablished why I love Rent the stage production, more than the movie. The good thing about the movie though is that you don't have to either go to NYC, or wait for the tour to come, to get your Rent "fix"
re: what is your dream part?
 Sep 3 2006, 11:51:17 PM
Without regard to gender, definitely Mark Cohen. I just relate to him so completely.
I would also love to play Eliza Doolittle.

However, I have no singing voice, so all this is pure fantasy!

re: HOW HAS RENT/ HAIR/ ANY AMERICAN MUSICAL CHANGED YOUR LIFE?
 Sep 3 2006, 11:14:05 PM
You know I adore RENT, but this question seems inane. I mean Rent didn't change my life per se, but was a reafirmination of how I feel about life. It's more like I thought that I wish Johnathom Larson was alive, because we had VERY similar views on life.
Spelling Bee audience contestants
 Sep 2 2006, 03:32:13 AM
Do the audience members who are contestants have to just spell the words they are given in the musical or are they told how to spell them? I went to the show tonight in San Francisco (VERY good) and one audience member got a very hard word right. Thanks!
re: Best confrontation songs
 Aug 30 2006, 01:37:56 AM
I love all of Goodbye Love (Rent) but especially when Mark and Roger are fighting. It is so obvious they love each other (I mean as friends. ) and the pain each of them feel comes through. On a side note, I think Mark is just an awesome "regular" straight guy. I see so many of my guy friends, and my exes in him.
re: Lunch with Anthony Rapp
 Aug 29 2006, 01:04:01 AM
Oh, if I had money! And Anthony offered to wait with my until my ride came at a reading I went to! Too bad I was honest, and said I would be ok! Good luck, and tell whoever wins to give a report back here!
re: Hilarious Comments Overheard By Tourists and Audience Members
 Jul 30 2006, 01:49:40 AM
This is more rude, but during Seasons of Love in Rent today in SF, someone was talking on her cellphone during the first half of it. For those who do not know, Seasons of Love is the song immediately following the intermission. People kept telling her "sh" and I kept glaring at her. but she was just taking her sweet little time figuring out where and when she was going to meet someone after the show. My friend who has the OBC recoarding, but just saw the show for the first time today said "I d
what don't you like about the 'a chorus line' movie?
 Jul 25 2006, 04:54:16 PM
I have never seen the stage production, and saw the movie on tv one or two years ago. I knew/know very litte about the story, but just found it plain boring. I was thinking "this was THE musical of the 70's?" I had heard the critics, but have never held much stock in that, but it was just not well done. I do plan to see ACL here though, because even though the movie was way not good, I saw the potential for greatness on the stage. There also just seemed very little life in it.
re: Hilarious Comments Overheard By Tourists and Audience Members
 Jul 25 2006, 01:59:06 AM
"and when I saw Hairspray, there were was an old couple next to me, adn they were obviously very annoyed at the idea of integration, but they stormed out of the theatre when Penny and Seaweed started making out....

I was horrified, it's 2006 people!!!"

My most embarresing moment was when I took my grandma to see Hairspray. I know it was about the early days of rockn roll, knew it had a man as a woman, but didn't realize some of the racial undertones in it. I usually try

re: Rent
 May 9 2006, 07:12:37 PM
"think if Mr. Larson had never died, "RENT" would've been the "Brooklyn" of 1996."

Yes, the sob story is what did it for me. I do not mind if people dislike it. I realize it is sentimental and to some may seem simplistic. However, I get a bit irritated when people who don't like it, claim it has been around for ten years, because Larson met an untimely death. Now the initial buzz, yes, of course, his daeth "helped" that (I use the term "helped" very loosely here as I'm sure his fam

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You