Mamma Mia cast Recordings

Over the Moon Profile Photo
Over the Moon
#0Mamma Mia cast Recordings
Posted: 5/3/06 at 4:10pm

has anyone heard the ones beside the Original London cast? how were they?

Janki Profile Photo
Janki
#1re: Mamma Mia cast Recordings
Posted: 5/3/06 at 5:05pm

Even though Lisa (who was the Original Sophie) is the sweetest girl you can ever meet I'd say The Swedish Cast is the best...And it's got the whole overture

Popular...You're gonna be Popuular....;)

Mother's Younger Brother Profile Photo
Mother's Younger Brother
#2re: Mamma Mia cast Recordings
Posted: 5/3/06 at 6:34pm

I'd love to hear the Swedish cast. In addition to the London, I also own the German and Spanish recordings. The Spanish recording has a good cast, but plays pretty fast and loose with the ABBA orchestrations, adding their own little touches here and there.

I actually prefer the German to the London recording -- although I don't speak German. It's live, which is always a plus for me, and the cast is terrific.

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#3re: Mamma Mia cast Recordings
Posted: 5/3/06 at 8:45pm

there is a japanese one. IMO, it sounds better than the original.

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

Over the Moon Profile Photo
Over the Moon
#4re: Mamma Mia cast Recordings
Posted: 5/3/06 at 8:52pm

can someone send me the sweedish cast recordings?

JustChillin8908
#5re: Mamma Mia cast Recordings
Posted: 5/3/06 at 9:13pm

No, it's illegal...

Janki Profile Photo
Janki
#6re: Mamma Mia cast Recordings
Posted: 5/4/06 at 5:50am

They sell it at Dress Circle in London, just visit their Website...I wouldn't mind getting the german one, is that the one where Jasna Ivir plays Rosie? Haven't seen her for ages...she's still in germany playing Donna, i think!

Popular...You're gonna be Popuular....;)

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#7re: Mamma Mia cast Recordings
Posted: 5/4/06 at 7:19am

So sad that they never made a OBCR. re: Mamma Mia cast Recordings

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien

Asha
#8re: Mamma Mia cast Recordings
Posted: 5/4/06 at 11:51am

I love the german CD.
And want to warn everyone from the really strange spanish cast recording.

Quasi
#9re: Mamma Mia cast Recordings
Posted: 5/4/06 at 3:12pm

Jasna Ivir ist playing Donna in Stuttgart in Germany. Actually we have two productions of Mamma Mia here. The cast recording is with the Hamburg cast. I also like the German recording and I know the dutch version, which is okay in my opinion but nothing special.

beuk-et-moi
#10re: Mamma Mia cast Recordings
Posted: 5/4/06 at 5:37pm

There are 5 recordings besides the OLC one:

The German Hamburg one (2004)
The Dutch Utrecht one (2004)
The Spanish Madrid one (2005)
The Swedish Stockholm one (2005)
The Japanese Tokio one (2005)

In 2004 Little Star(Judy Craymer, Björn Ulvaes, Benny Andersson and Richard East)and Stage Entertainment agreed on a joint venture for European productions of Mama Mia (Scandinavia excluded)
Dutch theatre mongul Joop van den Ende convinced the Abba men to record other Mama mia productions.
At first were not that enthousiastic about it all cause they were quiete dissapointed about the original 1999 London recording.
After seeing the Dutch and German production they agreed and gave their veto for it.

In several interviews Björn and Benny spoke out that they are really fond of the Dutch production,they especially liked the Dutch actrice who plays Donna.

Upcomming "local language" Little Star/Stage Entertainment productions will soon premiere in Italy, France, Russia,Poland and Portugal, and the recent Belgian, Antwerp one.
All Little Star/Stage entertainment productions were recorded now, so we have a lot of foreign language recordings to look foreward too!

My favourite recordings arem great STUDIO one with the original Swedish lyrics from the Stockholm cast, and as in the LIVE recording i agree with the Abba men: the Dutch Utrecht cast.
Also the Madrid cast is a real energetic one, not sure about certain voices though.

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#11re: Mamma Mia cast Recordings
Posted: 5/4/06 at 5:53pm

I have the German one, but the OLC is better, in my opinion.

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

beuk-et-moi
#12re: Mamma Mia cast Recordings
Posted: 5/5/06 at 7:39am

The OLC just has a daft studio recording, it just doesn't succeed in translating the energy we see on stage putting on cd

The 3 live recordings i have the Dutch, German and Spanish versions just do the musical so much more justice.
It also has a lot more dialogue and some underscore which isn't on the OLC studio one

For the one of you who understands German or Dutch just listen to the ouverture, it's a blast !

How i cherish and love my spandex lycra suit; "Mama mia here we go again,my my how can i resist IT"

vjRichie Profile Photo
vjRichie
#13I'll stick with the original --- ABBA : Gold
Posted: 5/5/06 at 9:25am

pppfffft!

"I've had two years to grow claws, Mother, and they're Jungle Red!" Mary Haines - The Women

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#14I'll stick with the original --- ABBA : Gold
Posted: 5/5/06 at 9:34am

I especially like the German cast. "The Winner Takes it All" on this recording is absolutley STUNNING.

Videos