How the Grinch Stole Christmas

SMiller
#0How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Posted: 5/11/06 at 8:01pm

Anyone hear about this show going from San Diego to NY for the holiday season this year?

SMiller

NathanLaneStalker
#1re: How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Posted: 5/11/06 at 8:11pm

I don`t know much about it, but my friend was in a workshop of it here in NYC!

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

Bdwy24
#2re: How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Posted: 5/11/06 at 10:36pm

San Diego? I believe it is being rehearsed and performed in Buffalo and then taking it to Broadway.....is it stopping in San Diego after Buffalo?

TannerONbw Profile Photo
TannerONbw
#3re: How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Posted: 5/11/06 at 10:47pm

OK so im extremely out of the Loop. I didn't even know it was a Play. lol.

Bdwy24
#4re: How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Posted: 5/11/06 at 10:50pm

Not yetre: How the Grinch Stole Christmas It is rehearsing and opening in Buffalo and then going to NYC this year. Performing in Buffalo November 7-19th. www.sheas.org Jack O'Brien is Directing.

otis33 Profile Photo
otis33
#5re: How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Posted: 5/11/06 at 10:51pm

It's the Old Globe's annual holiday show. This Christmas will be the 9th year. The Globe has, or at last knowledge, had exclusive rights for 10 years. Exclusive, EXCEPT for the possible holiday run at Madison Square Garden.

It's a great show. The only song from the original cartoon is "You're a Mean One..."

Buffalo - wow! I guess things have changed. Very cool. Updated On: 5/11/06 at 10:51 PM

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#6re: How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Posted: 5/11/06 at 10:55pm

How can show like this (Christmas themed) get their money back in such a short time frame?

Bdwy24
#7re: How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Posted: 5/11/06 at 11:08pm

hmmmm, I was under the impression the show that is going to be directed in Buffalo is the first time it's ever been done. Did Jack O'Brien direct the one that plays at the Globe every year?

otis33 Profile Photo
otis33
#8re: How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Posted: 5/11/06 at 11:13pm

He did originally direct it. In the last few years, since he's gotten so busy, an associate director restages it, and the dance captain restages all of John Deluca's original choreography.

My understanding is, they recently workshopped it with a MUCH larger cast, re-orchestrated some of it, and are adding "Welcome Christas."

The original show at the Globe is beautiful. I wish I could see it in New York.
Updated On: 5/11/06 at 11:13 PM

JerseyScoundrel
#9re: How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Posted: 5/11/06 at 11:15pm

It might come to MSG in December. However, I heard that they might bring A Christmas Carol back. Will see what happens.

"This is a stupid story. It never stops. But we keep making lemonade! We're opening the biggest f***ing lemonade stand you ever saw!" -Walter Bobbie after a long day of Sweet Charity Rehersals (Newyorkmetro.com)

tmz814 Profile Photo
tmz814
#10re: How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Posted: 5/11/06 at 11:24pm

My friend was supposed to be in the workshop of this. They were going to bring it to MSG for Christmas but then I heard that they might be bringing back A Christmas Carol and that had changed there plans. Anyone hear anything new about it lately?

We've all got our junk and my junk is you!

JerseyScoundrel
#11re: How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Posted: 5/11/06 at 11:36pm

I know allot of people from Cristmas Carol. They say its a definite that they are coming back. If Grinch went into MSG, it would be called the next Christmas Carol.

"This is a stupid story. It never stops. But we keep making lemonade! We're opening the biggest f***ing lemonade stand you ever saw!" -Walter Bobbie after a long day of Sweet Charity Rehersals (Newyorkmetro.com)

otis33 Profile Photo
otis33
#12re: How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Posted: 5/11/06 at 11:41pm

I think that was sort of the plan. I know they had talked about hoping it would become a holiday tradition.

NathanLaneStalker
#13re: How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Posted: 5/11/06 at 11:41pm

Well,if it is a broadway show it will flop. Think back at Seussical! Great show! But not what people want to see. Besides me of course!

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#14re: How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Posted: 5/11/06 at 11:44pm

"Buffalo - wow! I guess things have changed. Very cool."

YO! OTIS! WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!

buffalo isn't that bad... so what if we had the out-of-town tryout for Ring of Fire...

:-P

maybe i'll go since it's gonna be here...

::bust a move::

otis33 Profile Photo
otis33
#15re: How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Posted: 5/12/06 at 12:16am

Ah, Zepka - I adore Buffalo. re: How the Grinch Stole Christmas

I meant, I guess things have changed and the Globe no longer has the exclusive contract for the show. You should definitely see it. Jack is very passionate about the show, and it carries over on to the stage.

motherofadiva
#16re: How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Posted: 5/12/06 at 1:29pm

my daughter was cindy- lou last year at the oldglobe and she is going to audition for it again this year so i know that it will be in san diego agin this year. I wonder when will they hold auditions for the whole broadway thing i would love for her to audition for that.

Videos