pixeltracker

Alanis Morissette to Star in New London Show

Alanis Morissette to Star in New London Show

DefyingEDCT Profile Photo
DefyingEDCT
#0Alanis Morissette to Star in New London Show
Posted: 5/13/06 at 3:37pm

Alanis Morissette is set to take to the London stage in a new theatre
production. The Canadian rocker is set to star as Sunny Jacobs in a production of The Exonerated- about six people sent to death row for crimes they didn't commit. She said: "I feel very aligned with my character and uplifted by her courage and faith. Her ability to remain in a place of love is a guiding force for me." Morissette - who famously shared a kiss with Sarah Jessica Parker in Sex and the City - has previously also starred in The Vagina Monologues and played God in the Kevin Smith's film Dogma.
Updated On: 5/13/06 at 03:37 PM

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#1re: Alanis Morissette to Star in London Show
Posted: 5/13/06 at 3:38pm

Ooh, this is so exciting! I want to go see it!

Other Side
#2re: Alanis Morissette to Star in London Show
Posted: 5/13/06 at 3:43pm

Fabulous...I have always wanted to see her on the stage ever since I saw DeLovely.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#3re: Alanis Morissette to Star in London Show
Posted: 5/13/06 at 3:44pm

me too! she was great in Delovely.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

DefyingEDCT
#4re: Alanis Morissette to Star in London Show
Posted: 5/13/06 at 3:50pm

I wonder if this is a musical or not.

muscle23ftl
#5re: Alanis Morissette to Star in London Show
Posted: 5/13/06 at 3:51pm

I am not sure, I think it's a play?

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

DefyingEDCT
#6re: Alanis Morissette to Star in London Show
Posted: 5/13/06 at 3:53pm

I would think so also.

DefyingEDCT
DefyingEDCT
#8re: Alanis Morissette to Star in London Show
Posted: 5/13/06 at 3:55pm

Shes only in it form May 23-28th

WChafin Profile Photo
WChafin
#9re: Alanis Morissette to Star in London Show
Posted: 5/13/06 at 3:57pm

It's a play. She did it Off-Broadway in 2003.

Please visit Michael Rupert's MySpace Page includes rare and live performances.

mrkringas Profile Photo
mrkringas
#10re: Alanis Morissette to Star in London Show
Posted: 5/13/06 at 5:10pm

Its a terrific play that had a host of A list actors appear in the US productions. Also London has not been short changed either for casting

Past performers (London) include: Larry Block, David Brown Jr, Stockard Channing, Charles Dance, Martin Freeman, Rupert Graves, Nigel Harman, Sunny Jacobs, Geraldine James, Bruce Kronenberg, Delroy Lindo, Gina McKee, Matthew Marsh, Curtis McClarin, Kate Mulgrew, Steve Pemberton, James Purefoy, Suzi Quatro, Aiden Quinn, Heather Simms, Catherine Tate

The most devestating evening I have ever spent in the theatre. It ran at the Edinburgh Festival last year. The effect it had on the audience was so visceral. I defy anyone to support the barbaric practice of capital punishment after seeing this play. Its all based on real life accounts and plays a straight bat.

muscle23ftl
#11re: Alanis Morissette to Star in London Show
Posted: 5/13/06 at 5:17pm

as well as Brooke Shields.

Updated On: 5/13/06 at 05:17 PM

RentBoy86
#12re: Alanis Morissette to Star in London Show
Posted: 5/13/06 at 11:38pm

Sounds great. Wish a regional theater around here would take it on.

Act4ever Profile Photo
Act4ever
#13re: Alanis Morissette to Star in London Show
Posted: 5/13/06 at 11:47pm

I saw it three times (2 were comp'ed) when it was in Ft. Lauderdale starring Montel Williams and Lynn Redgrave. It was a fantastic play. It was done as a reading, though. Does anyone know if it's still done as a reading in London? --- I know that the authors' initial intention was for it NOT to be a reading...

muscle23ftl
#14re: Alanis Morissette to Star in London Show
Posted: 5/14/06 at 12:23am

when and where in Fort Lauderdale did The Exonerated play?

aspiringactress Profile Photo
aspiringactress
#15re: Alanis Morissette to Star in London Show
Posted: 5/14/06 at 12:27am

I'm related to Sunny! Haha, that's funny because I love Alanis. My friends mom played Sunny in NYC and she really loved it. This sounds really exciting!

"We don't value the lily less for not being made of flint and built to last. Life's bounty is in it's flow, later is too late. Where is the song when it's been sung, the dance when it's been danced? It's only we humans who want to own the future too." - Tom Stoppard, Shipwreck

Act4ever Profile Photo
Act4ever
#16re: Alanis Morissette to Star in London Show
Posted: 5/14/06 at 12:28am

I want to say November of 04 and it was at The Broward Center for the Performing Arts...

muscle23ftl
#17re: Alanis Morissette to Star in London Show
Posted: 5/14/06 at 2:11am

oh ok, tnks for getting back.

Videos