pixeltracker

Sound clips from the WEDDING SINGER CD are NOW online!!- Page 3

Sound clips from the WEDDING SINGER CD are NOW online!!

All_For_Laura Profile Photo
All_For_Laura
#50re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/18/06 at 8:57pm

Haha! I love that icon!

...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#51re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/18/06 at 11:27pm

Where can I find that icon? And others?

Laura B said that Right on Time and I Wonder were both going to be on the CD!!

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#52re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/19/06 at 12:23am

www.theweddingsingerthemusical.com

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Nycboi23
#53re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/19/06 at 3:50pm

hahaha-according to amazon.com, there is a hidden bonus track called-"prime rib or fish" on the wedding singer cast album. Although, it looks like they're still workin' out the kinks for the rest of the list, since there's only 9 tracks listed.
Updated On: 5/19/06 at 03:50 PM

BSoBW2
#54re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/19/06 at 4:09pm

I'm finally seeing this show! (I hope)

Is WS the movie with the rapping Grandma?

If so, I can't believe I forgot about that.
Does she sing a (different) rap type song?

Yankeefan007
#55re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/19/06 at 4:10pm

Yes, it is. And, obviously, she does a different one in the show.

BSoBW2
#56re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/21/06 at 5:33pm

It was a better set up in the movie, but a lot of fun in the show.

I wanna see it again.

muscle23ftl
#57re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/21/06 at 5:35pm

I want to see this show again so bad! for the 3rd time. i pre ordered my CD already.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

rocker05
#58re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/22/06 at 9:48pm

I know it's probably been in past threads, but when exactly during previews did Right On Time get cut? I saw the show April 1st and Right On Time was a really fun song. I'm seeing the show again this saturday night, hopefully Someday makes up for it.

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#59re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/22/06 at 9:50pm

I may finally be seeing this on Sunday!

Tiny-Toon Profile Photo
Tiny-Toon
#60re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/29/06 at 6:44pm

BUMP
Audio clips now online!!!!!

muscle23ftl
#61re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/29/06 at 6:52pm

"Right in front of your eyes" is amazing!!!

DougieYero Profile Photo
DougieYero
#62re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/29/06 at 7:27pm

Well I'm glad to see there's going to be more than 9 tracks on the album, I was a little worried when Amazon was only showing 9 tracks.

iluvtheatertrash
#63re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/29/06 at 7:34pm

So, I've heard an advance of the album - no, none of you can have it, so don't ask - and I'd like to state that everyone is in fine voice. 'Caught by Surprise' and 'Come out of the Dumpster' are the two highlights, I think.

You'll all be pretty pleased to hear the songs, although a lot of the inner dialogue is cut/trimmed which is kind of a let-down for those of us who know the show word for word. But the cast sounds great and it's a lot of fun to listen to.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

Tiny-Toon Profile Photo
Tiny-Toon
#64re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/29/06 at 7:36pm

iluv, does your CD have any bonus tracks?

iluvtheatertrash
#65re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/29/06 at 7:39pm

Alas, no. It seems as if they'll wind up being on ITunes.

Check your PM's, Tiny.

Updated On: 5/29/06 at 07:39 PM

fishergirl819 Profile Photo
fishergirl819
#66re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/29/06 at 8:13pm

'Caught by Surprise' and 'Come out of the Dumpster' are the two highlights, I think.

*twitch* Right in Front of Your Eyes. That's the name of the song. Sorry, I just get so twitchy when I see people call it the wrong title, especially people who have seen the show numerous times.

The clips are sounding absolutely wonderful. It's really great to hear the integrity of these performers' live voices being preserved on the recording - it sounds like there was barely any digitizing done to their vocal tracks, which is really awesome.

I'm happy to hear that Rosie's poem to her husband was put onto the recording during "If I Told You (reprise)" - that's probably one of my absolute favorite parts of the song, and hearing Rita Gardner say those words, especially "here's to fifty more years in your arms," makes me all weepy. So sweet.

I'm curious how many versions of these songs were recorded. There've been three different versions of "Its Your Wedding Day" prior to its final version in the show (the demo, the streaming version on the website, and whats in the show). And now, there's a version of "Single" available for streaming on the website that is different from the demo, and different from the OBCR version...there are certain lines in the streaming version that Matthew Saldivar is supposed to sing, but it sounds like an ensemble member is singing them, yet on the clip on the Sony website, those lines are definitely sung by Matthew Saldivar...okay, enough of my rambling, lol.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#67re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/29/06 at 8:18pm

I love it!!!
Can't wait for the CD to come out!!! Updated On: 5/29/06 at 08:18 PM

Tiny-Toon Profile Photo
Tiny-Toon
#68re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/29/06 at 8:19pm

fishergirl819, Actually "Right In Front of Your Eyes" was renamed on opening night. The original title is "Caught By Surprise", and I still call it that.

Crazy_for_the_Q Profile Photo
Crazy_for_the_Q
#69re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/29/06 at 8:21pm

Right in Front of your Eyes is one of my favorites, I'm so excited.

I was listening to the clips and my computer speakers are very fuzzy and don't work well so I guess I didn't get the full effect, I am really excited though. If what Fishergirl said earlier is true, I'm going to the show and intermission sometime this week and picking up a copy!

Crazy_for_the_Q Profile Photo
Crazy_for_the_Q
#70re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/29/06 at 8:28pm

I beg to differ, Tiny Toon.. I am currently looking at my playbill from the previews in March and it clearly states that it was called "Right in Front of Your Eyes" and since the only time I saw it in March was the first preview.. it's been called "Right in Front of Your Eyes" since the first preview, but this is a silly thing to argue about.
Updated On: 5/29/06 at 08:28 PM

fishergirl819 Profile Photo
fishergirl819
#71re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/29/06 at 8:29pm

That's odd, Tiny-Toon, because I have two playbill from previews (April 6th and 15th) that list it as "Right In Front of Your Eyes."

And crazy_for_the_Q, I hope what I said earlier is true as well! I'm just passing along what the merch guy told me - I asked him about it this past Saturday, and he said they were expecting them any day now - they were "in transit" and would have them in a few days to sell in the theatre.
Updated On: 5/29/06 at 08:29 PM

Tiny-Toon Profile Photo
Tiny-Toon
#72re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/29/06 at 8:34pm

Oh, then I'm not sure when they actually changed it, but "Right In Front of your Eyes" was "Caught by Surprise".

**EDIT: It looks like they used to switch it around.. strange.. my playbill says Caught by Surprise

Updated On: 5/29/06 at 08:34 PM

iluvtheatertrash
#73re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/29/06 at 8:48pm

I have over 25 playbills. 3 or 4 of them list the song as "Caught by Surprise."

I usually call it "Right in Front of Your Eyes" but thought there was some discussion about it being "Caught By Surprise" on the album. I must've just gotten confused.

Josh Freilich
#74re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/29/06 at 10:33pm

I have been thinking, "What song could be the bar-mitzvah scene that he does in the movie"? Well, then I just found it! "TODAY YOU ARE A MAN"!! I love the results.

And I love the other songs as well.

"How could she just suddenly, completely disappear into thin water?" - The Little Mermaid