Tick, Tick... BOOM Chicago

icantbelive
#0Tick, Tick... BOOM Chicago
Posted: 6/4/06 at 9:47am

I saw this show last night and it was incredible.

The theatre was small and tiny and holds a around 100 people. I like small theatres becasue the show is more personal.
The cast was great.
Michael Ingersoll was a fantastic Jon. His voice was higher than Esparza's but it was still great. He brought down the house in WHY. He was also hilarious in Sunday and Therapy.

Jess Godwin was an incredible Susan. She was great in COME TO YOUR SENSES. She sounded exactly like Amy but i liked Jess's voice a little better. She emphisized the words a lot.

Quinton Guyton was a great Michael. His song was REAL LIFE and that was incredible because in most of the show he stayed behind and his acting skills were great. In the scene where he is confronting Jon that he is "sick" (He was actually crying). He was also funny in No MORE.

The choregraphy was incredible and great for GREEN GREEN DRESS.

The set disgn was also amazing with gears coming out of the wings. There was also two levels which was good for Therapy and NO MORE. There were lights like headlights built into the stage for the BMW scenes.
There was an onstage band (which I love) because heck its a Jonathan Larson nmusical.
All in all the cast was great the show was great and the set was incredible.
Bottom line SEE THIS SHOW WHEN YOU ARE IN CHICAGO (it's running till June 25.
Also here's clips from the show http://www.stagechannel.com/content/video/previewtab.htm?production_id=888 Updated On: 6/4/06 at 09:47 AM

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#1re: Tick, Tick... BOOM Chicago
Posted: 6/4/06 at 9:55am

Oh, I wish I were in Chicago.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Brokenlizard14 Profile Photo
Brokenlizard14
#2re: Tick, Tick... BOOM Chicago
Posted: 6/4/06 at 10:27am

Dammit. I am near Chicago. I wish I'd found out about this earlier. I didn't even know it was here. Those clips are great.

KChenowethfan Profile Photo
KChenowethfan
#3re: Tick, Tick... BOOM Chicago
Posted: 6/4/06 at 10:28am

Yay, I will actually be in Chicago in time to catch this. Between this and Side Show, I am a happy person that my work trip is scheduled for this month.

Thanks for the good review.

"Why do you care what people might say? Why try to fit into their design?" (Side Show)

Zikes Profile Photo
Zikes
#4re: Tick, Tick... BOOM Chicago
Posted: 6/4/06 at 10:54am

I have to say I liked this production, even though I wasn't the biggest fan of the show to begin with. Michael was great, and I don't think anyone could say enough good things about Jess, she's terrific.

Um.....Or Not.

OverTheBoone
#5re: Tick, Tick... BOOM Chicago
Posted: 6/4/06 at 6:54pm

Thanks for the review! I might be able to see it while it is here in Chicago. I HOPE I can see it.

fxy2003cmu Profile Photo
fxy2003cmu
#6re: Tick, Tick... BOOM Chicago
Posted: 6/4/06 at 11:14pm

double post
Updated On: 6/4/06 at 11:14 PM

fxy2003cmu Profile Photo
fxy2003cmu
#7re: Tick, Tick... BOOM Chicago
Posted: 6/4/06 at 11:15pm

I just saw this show on 6/1/06 and let me say, I agree w/ everything everyone's said. It was a great show, w/a great cast in an intimate theatre. My friend said she thought it was better than the national tour was...so yeah, go see it!

RENTingFAME Profile Photo
RENTingFAME
#8re: Tick, Tick... BOOM Chicago
Posted: 6/4/06 at 11:27pm

I saw it on the 22nd... If you can go, go! It's a great production of an amazing show.

I loved the staging and was definitely a huge fan of the choreography on GREEN GREEN DRESS. At the end of the number, I was like, DAMN!

Michael Ingersoll was perfect... his voice got a little weak at points, but his acting was spot on and he rocked when it really counted... like See Her Smile and Why.

Jess Goodwin I personally wasn't a big fan of. I quite disliked her COME TO YOUR SENSES, partially because of the non-existant staging for the number but also her voice didn't do it for me. On a less important note, I didn't like her with blonde hair. But that doesn't really matter. At any rate, she had great chemistry with Michael.

Quinton Guyton was a fabulous Michael. Great comedy and also real heart at the right moments. He has a gorgeous voice. Very entertaining and fun to watch as well as listen to.

I'm going again before it leaves. As I said before, if you get the chance, go!

Measure your life in love, RENTheads, and keep it always in your heart.

Avatar: Me with Al Larson, Jonathan Larson's father.

brdlwyr
#9re: Tick, Tick... BOOM Chicago
Posted: 6/4/06 at 11:29pm

I have not been to the Pegasus in years, I should check it out!

Prisoner 24601 Profile Photo
Prisoner 24601
#10re: Tick, Tick... BOOM Chicago
Posted: 6/5/06 at 12:24am

Looking forward to seeing it soon!

-Was that a fart?
-My fault, I fear.

RentBoy86
#11re: Tick, Tick... BOOM Chicago
Posted: 6/5/06 at 1:16am

Wait, how long does it run? I've always wanted to see a production of this and this one looks great. The production values look great. I wish Urinetown was still running. To able to see Urinetown, Tick Tick Boom, Spelling Bee, and Wicked all in one trip would be a dream come true.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#12re: Tick, Tick... BOOM Chicago
Posted: 6/5/06 at 1:55am

It's running till June 25th,
Wicked again Rentboy?

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

respeck Profile Photo
respeck
#13re: Tick, Tick... BOOM Chicago
Posted: 6/5/06 at 3:07am

I think it even got extended three weeks. So it goes into July now. re: Tick, Tick... BOOM Chicago

icantbelive
#14re: Tick, Tick... BOOM Chicago
Posted: 6/5/06 at 5:11pm

Here's the site http://www.pegasusplayers.org/ for the theatre and stuff
Updated On: 6/5/06 at 05:11 PM

respeck Profile Photo
respeck
#15re: Tick, Tick... BOOM Chicago
Posted: 6/6/06 at 5:38pm

BWW posted a very flattering review.

https://chicago.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=10109

It also says the new closing date is July 16.

Videos