Rosie's cruise shown on TV?

ashley0139
#0Rosie's cruise shown on TV?
Posted: 6/12/06 at 10:06am

I just learned that last year's cruise performances or something was shown on HBO in April... (am I correct?). Does anyone know if this year's will be shown on TV at all? I know Julia Murney is performing and I would love to watch it.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

Ready 2 Defy Gravity Profile Photo
Ready 2 Defy Gravity
#1re: Rosie's cruise shown on TV?
Posted: 6/12/06 at 10:08am

I dunno, but I know she performed last year too, she was incredible on all that jazz

Myfavmeatpie Profile Photo
Myfavmeatpie
#2re: Rosie's cruise shown on TV?
Posted: 6/12/06 at 4:13pm

Its on demand right now. I can't think of the name off the top of my head. But it is a documentary about Rosie's gay cruise. It's a wonderful and touching special. And of course the best parts (to me that is) are the clips of various performers. And there is a great 30 second clip of julia singing All That Jazz!!

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#3re: Rosie's cruise shown on TV?
Posted: 6/12/06 at 4:18pm

Julia is on camera for about 15 seconds. I think she sounds pretty average. There is a much better reason to watch the documentary...it's subject.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#4re: Rosie's cruise shown on TV?
Posted: 6/12/06 at 5:02pm

I think it's called All Aboard.

ashley0139
#5re: Rosie's cruise shown on TV?
Posted: 6/12/06 at 5:25pm

There is a much better reason to watch the documentary...it's subject.
Of course. I would like to see it for both those reasons. Does anyone know where in OnDemand it is? I couldn't find it.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

cheezedoodle
#6re: Rosie's cruise shown on TV?
Posted: 6/12/06 at 5:38pm

It is no longer on On Demand. It ended on June 1st. It was under HBO / Documentaries. I believe a DVD version is going to be released.

"Oh Link...your pork is ready..." - Edna Turnblad

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#7re: Rosie's cruise shown on TV?
Posted: 6/12/06 at 5:40pm

Julia is singing for about 30 seconds or so. There are parts by the pool where she is in the background. I only know this because someone posted it online. I was not looking that closely for Julia. lol

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

Menken Fan Profile Photo
Menken Fan
#8re: Rosie's cruise shown on TV?
Posted: 6/12/06 at 8:00pm

The documentary that recently aired on HBO was filmed on the July 2004 cruise. They screened an early preview of it on the 2005 cruise. There were amazing performers and performances last year, and the line-up is exciting for next month's cruise too, including Julia again. But, I don't think there are any plans to film any of those performances.
Updated On: 6/12/06 at 08:00 PM

RentBoy86
#9re: Rosie's cruise shown on TV?
Posted: 7/19/06 at 12:52am

After reading the article on the main page, I saw that Norm Lewis was on the cruise. Is Norm Lewis gay? I wasn't sure if you had to be gay to be on the cruise or how that works. Sorry if that sounds really immature or ignorant, just wasn't sure.
Updated On: 7/19/06 at 12:52 AM

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#10re: Rosie's cruise shown on TV?
Posted: 7/19/06 at 1:27am

On behalf of the straight community, would Rosie please permit me to join the gays and go on this cruise? ...Seriously. Yeesh.

WOW. Just...wow. I cannot believe what I am reading. At first RentBoy I thought you were being sarcastic! Lemme clue you guys in before others come and attack you... (not yous guys fault. America is in a transition phase right now).

The documentary is called ALL ABOARD and it was from the first cruise. The third cruise just completed. ALL ABOARD is available to own on DVD as of this past June. It originally aired on HBO.

The cruise is not limited to gay & lesbians. Visit www.rfamily.com for more information on it. It's a cruise that provided a gay-friendly atmosphere. That's it. Gay & lesbian families bond with other gay & lesbian families, and also straight families.

The documentary includes a couple of performances, but it's subject matter is why it was turned into a documentary. I've read about what happens on "the big gay boat." It's truly magic what happens on that ship for one week.

Whether Norm Lewis is gay or not couldn't interest me less. I'm just happy that everyone can enjoy this experience.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

RentBoy86
#11re: Rosie's cruise shown on TV?
Posted: 7/19/06 at 2:43am

Well, I wasn't asking if Norm Lewis was gay so I could speculate as to who was dating, I wanted to know becasue I wasn't sure if it was a gay/lesbian exclusive thing. I imaged that it wouldn't be, but I just remember when I read about the first cruise, it seemed like the only performers on it were gay/lesbian. Like I said, I knew it was a rather ignorant comment, but I couldn't think of a more elegant way of asking it. Plain and simple. You answered my question, so thanks.

Kringas
#12re: Rosie's cruise shown on TV?
Posted: 7/19/06 at 2:53am

Why didn't you ask if Julia Murney was gay?

"How do you like THAT 'misanthropic panache,' Mr. Goldstone?" - PalJoey

RentBoy86
#13re: Rosie's cruise shown on TV?
Posted: 7/19/06 at 2:57am

I would say why, but I would get battered by all these PMs and replys to my post.

Menken Fan Profile Photo
Menken Fan
#14re: Rosie's cruise shown on TV?
Posted: 7/21/06 at 8:42am

I just got back from the third R Family cruise, and I can definitely say you do not need to be gay to join in on the fun. You just need to pay the $$ and act fast. The cruise was sold out this year. There are many straights on the cruise, including parents, children and friends of gay couples. It's an unbelievably accepting atmosphere, as you might sense from the documentary. It is truly a different world on that boat, and it's a real shock to come back to the "real world" after 7 days. Not to mention, it's a musical theatre fans wet dream! I've already signed up to join them in Bermuda and the Caribbean next year.

Videos