NYMF Ticket Trouble. Help?

Gypsy2 Profile Photo
Gypsy2
#0NYMF Ticket Trouble. Help?
Posted: 7/14/06 at 7:32pm

I've been all over the NYMF website, trying to buy tickets, clicking on the 'buy tickets' links, but everything just directs me to the 'become a member' page. Do you need to be a NYMF member in order to purchase tickets?

You know it and you want it... you just can't believe you've got it.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#1re: NYMF Ticket Trouble. Help?
Posted: 7/14/06 at 7:41pm

No, you do not have to be a member.

I believe that you can buy NYMF ticket in advance from theatremania.com, but don't quote me on that.

Perhaps you just can't purchase them this early in advance?

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Gypsy2 Profile Photo
Gypsy2
#2re: NYMF Ticket Trouble. Help?
Posted: 7/14/06 at 7:50pm

That's a good point. I'll keep checking on theatremania, thank you.

You know it and you want it... you just can't believe you've got it.

FeelingElectric
#3re: NYMF Ticket Trouble. Help?
Posted: 7/14/06 at 8:02pm

Tickets for NYMF members go on sale at the beginning of August. Tickets go on sale to the general public a couple of weeks later. As a member of the at the $100 level, I get 4 complimentary tickets. I am also planning to purchase tickets to 4 more shows as well, for a total of 8. The NYMF has a fantastic lineup this year.

Drench yourself in words unspoken. Live your life with arms wide open. Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten. "Unwritten" Natasha Bedingfield

ZONEACE
#4re: NYMF Ticket Trouble. Help?
Posted: 7/14/06 at 8:13pm

i don't know if i'd call it fantastic, some of the shows sound kinda iffy. and the memberships SUCK this year. the price went up and the benefits went down.

I foudn 6 shows I would pay to see, and two of them aren't because of the content of the show, there is a ast in one i want to see and the sister of a freind directed another.

when ducks grow thumbs then maybe my opinion will change.

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#5re: NYMF Ticket Trouble. Help?
Posted: 8/15/06 at 12:29pm

anyone have an idea when exactly tickets will go on sale to non- members?

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

MissNY
#6re: NYMF Ticket Trouble. Help?
Posted: 8/15/06 at 1:44pm

Sept 1 tickets go on sale to the general public. I for one am very excited for the NYMF

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#7re: NYMF Ticket Trouble. Help?
Posted: 8/15/06 at 1:45pm

Single tickets go on sale to non-members on September 1. I noticed that they raised the prices from $15 to $20 this year, too.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

WheelsofaDream Profile Photo
WheelsofaDream
#8re: NYMF Ticket Trouble. Help?
Posted: 8/15/06 at 2:36pm

I think there's a bunch of great looking stuff this year. My problem is that many of the shows don't have music posted on the website, or lack other supporting press materials. This means that they may have a really cool concept, but will probably end up not being very good. I only put tickets on hold for the ones I could listen to and get the full picture on. I don't want to spend $20 on a gimmick.

Videos