HELP! last minute voice help!!!

singingshowgirl Profile Photo
singingshowgirl
#0HELP! last minute voice help!!!
Posted: 7/22/06 at 4:33pm

i'm playing Little Red Riding Hood in Into the Woods tonight. THANK GOD it's our last performance because I am kinda hoarse....once i warm up, it might not be AWFUL....and it's a character role. i realize that this isn't a part that even on my best day people are gonna say WHAT A TREMENDOUS VOICE

but please give me help! it's 4:30 and the show is at 8...i've barely talked all day, but i can only kinda squeak my "high" notes....i've had so much water, tea, and a personal steamer.

ANY OTHER WORDS OF WISDOM??? PLEASE!!!!!!!

hermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
#1re: HELP! last minute voice help!!!
Posted: 7/22/06 at 5:08pm

I've heard olive oil works, but I don't know that from experience. Tea + honey is good. Don't drink/eat anything with milk. Don't talk, and warm up slowly re: HELP! last minute voice help!!!.

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?

John3 Profile Photo
John3
#2re: HELP! last minute voice help!!!
Posted: 7/22/06 at 5:14pm

richola (sp?) the all natural kind. It doesn't taste the greatest but it helps a lot.

hermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
#3re: HELP! last minute voice help!!!
Posted: 7/22/06 at 5:54pm

ricola rocks.

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?

Robos89
#4re: HELP! last minute voice help!!!
Posted: 8/2/06 at 2:42pm

I'm sure this is would be a late response, but, there is this tea that'a great for your voice. It's called THROAT COAT, it's should be in most nutrition stores!

?

aspiringactress Profile Photo
aspiringactress
#5re: HELP! last minute voice help!!!
Posted: 8/2/06 at 2:43pm

Throat Coat has saved my life on numerous occasions.

"We don't value the lily less for not being made of flint and built to last. Life's bounty is in it's flow, later is too late. Where is the song when it's been sung, the dance when it's been danced? It's only we humans who want to own the future too." - Tom Stoppard, Shipwreck

BrightEyedInNYC Profile Photo
BrightEyedInNYC
#6re: HELP! last minute voice help!!!
Posted: 8/3/06 at 12:04am

i never leave for a performance or competition without my throat coat! it works wonders

"My Mother's punishing me for going to jail without permission!" ~Penny Pingleton from HaIrSpRaY

Blair
#7re: HELP! last minute voice help!!!
Posted: 8/3/06 at 12:18am

Like others have said, Throat Coat works really well.

I have no idea if you can get this where you live, but if you go to any kind of Asian Market, find some ginger cough drops. They are in a green package. I can't really tell you what they are called, because the packaging is in Korean, but I know they are AMAZING. Sorry, that didn't really help. haha

Videos