pixeltracker

When Is Gary Beach Leaving The Producers?

When Is Gary Beach Leaving The Producers?

KJ
#0When Is Gary Beach Leaving The Producers?
Posted: 7/29/06 at 8:18pm

Does any one know when his last show is?

theaterlover45 Profile Photo
theaterlover45
#1re: When Is Gary Beach Leaving The Producers?
Posted: 7/29/06 at 8:42pm

I have the same question.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#2re: When Is Gary Beach Leaving The Producers?
Posted: 7/29/06 at 8:51pm

Probably the day it closes. I do not think he will leave until it closes. Just my opinion

Poster Emeritus

mijofly19
#3re: When Is Gary Beach Leaving The Producers?
Posted: 7/29/06 at 9:06pm

He has to leave if he's going to be in Les Mis.

H.Higgins Profile Photo
H.Higgins
#4re: When Is Gary Beach Leaving The Producers?
Posted: 7/29/06 at 9:46pm

Good question. I'm not sure, but I'd guess two or three weeks before rehearsals start for Les Miserables. I would assume he'd want a couple weeks to breathe and gear up for his next performance endeavor.

#5re: When Is Gary Beach Leaving The Producers?
Posted: 7/29/06 at 11:21pm

Gary Beach will play his final performance in THE PRODUCERS on Sunday, August 27th.

RabbitRun Profile Photo
RabbitRun
#6re: When Is Gary Beach Leaving The Producers?
Posted: 7/29/06 at 11:34pm

August 27th; is that fact or a best guess?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#7re: When Is Gary Beach Leaving The Producers?
Posted: 7/30/06 at 10:36am

I wouldn't call it his final performance. He, like other performers from that show, have "open contracts" and can return whenever they wish. I have a feeling he'll return to the role again sometime.

#8re: When Is Gary Beach Leaving The Producers?
Posted: 7/30/06 at 10:49am

A friend of mine knows Gary Beach and he told my friend he was leaving August 27th. I don't know if he ever plans on returning. I wouldn't be surprised if he did. Great part and he's great in it.

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#9re: When Is Gary Beach Leaving The Producers?
Posted: 7/30/06 at 10:55am

Gary Beach in the role of Roger Debris is perfect re: When Is Gary Beach Leaving The Producers? I bet he'll be back sometime soon. I love the idea of an "open contract."

He'll begin rehearsals for LES MIZ not long after his last show I imagine. He'll be a stellar Thenardier re: When Is Gary Beach Leaving The Producers?

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

Bialyhoos22
#10re: When Is Gary Beach Leaving The Producers?
Posted: 7/30/06 at 2:32pm

I think the even bigger question is who will be replacing the phenomenal Beach..those are some mighty big shoes to fill! Jonathan Freeman, very talented in his own right, never came close to Gary's portrayal. Here's hoping they bring in some inspired casting! I'd love to see Lee Roy Reams reprise DeBris on Broadway (he was phenomenal on tour - different from Beach, but truly fantastic). Anyone heard any casting rumblings?

NathanLaneStalker
#11re: When Is Gary Beach Leaving The Producers?
Posted: 7/30/06 at 2:35pm

I really wanna see Jonathan Freeman replace him because he's one of my fav actors and I've always wanted to see him in the role!!! I hope he replaces him!

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#12re: When Is Gary Beach Leaving The Producers?
Posted: 7/30/06 at 2:38pm

Gary is a diva! I love that man, I hope he leaves The Producers, but I want him on Broadway forever.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

NathanLaneStalker
#13re: When Is Gary Beach Leaving The Producers?
Posted: 7/30/06 at 2:40pm

Why do you hope he leaves?

P.S. I love him to!!

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#14re: When Is Gary Beach Leaving The Producers?
Posted: 7/30/06 at 2:42pm

I just won't see The Producers again, I wanna see him in a new show.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Bialyhoos22
#15re: When Is Gary Beach Leaving The Producers?
Posted: 7/30/06 at 2:45pm

Agreed! Gary IS Roger De Bris, but he deserves another star turn in a show that will actually be supported by its producers (shame on the Nederlanders!) Updated On: 7/30/06 at 02:45 PM

NathanLaneStalker
#16re: When Is Gary Beach Leaving The Producers?
Posted: 7/30/06 at 2:47pm

Yeah! I thought you meant you didn't like him in The Producers! lol

If they were to do a revival of Hello Dolly he could be Dolly!!!! That would be neat! And Carol Channing could be Irene! lol

mijofly19
#17re: When Is Gary Beach Leaving The Producers?
Posted: 7/30/06 at 2:58pm

The only other Roger I've seen is John Treacy Egan, and he was fantastic. Though I doubt he would step down from the role of Max.

NathanLaneStalker
#18re: When Is Gary Beach Leaving The Producers?
Posted: 7/30/06 at 3:01pm

I've ALWAYS wanted to see:

Gary Beach as Max

Roger Bart as Leo

Nathan Lane as Roger

and Matthew Broderick as Carmen

That would be awesome!

Isabella2
#19re: When Is Gary Beach Leaving The Producers?
Posted: 7/30/06 at 3:15pm

i love roger bart and gary beach, they're an awesome pair... is roger bart still in the show?

NathanLaneStalker
#20re: When Is Gary Beach Leaving The Producers?
Posted: 7/30/06 at 3:18pm

No. He left on Wed.

Videos