pixeltracker

BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!- Page 4

BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!

broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
#75re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/8/06 at 9:43am

Realistically for all the different show days (weekday, Wednesday with the two-shows, Friday, weekend), what time should I intend on arriving to make sure I get into line? And how do those times differ for standing room - 5 minutes later, 20 minutes?

And, last - do you all think the rush for rush will drop off come school year? Because I won't get to come until sometime during the school year, and I'm trying to plan it into my schedule now.

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#76re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/8/06 at 11:48am

The schedule posted here isn't valid anymore as rush has been changed!

SCBWannabe, Michael!Frankie is awesome - you definitely won't be disappointed. Let us know how the show was!
Updated On: 8/22/06 at 11:48 AM

Rachel2789 Profile Photo
Rachel2789
#77re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/11/06 at 9:52pm

popular_elphie (or anyone else that would know)-are the times you listed the latest that we should be getting there to secure tickets, or the time when people normally start lining up? Specifically wondering about the Wednesday shows...
Updated On: 8/11/06 at 09:52 PM

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#78re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/11/06 at 9:58pm

Rachel, it's about a median time. I haven't rushed every day. You could probably show up about 15 minutes later than the times listed now that it's mid August. But people usually arrive around the same time frame.

Rachel2789 Profile Photo
Rachel2789
#79re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/11/06 at 10:03pm

Ok, thanks. :) Anyone rushed a Wed. mat recently? Just wondering when all the spots were filled up.

jerseyboyslover Profile Photo
jerseyboyslover
#80re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/16/06 at 7:13am

How many tickets do they sell for rush? I maybe doing it in Sept and I know nothing about it.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

RentHead2 Profile Photo
RentHead2
#81re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/16/06 at 7:24am

I actually know the answer to this one: 12 tickets for rush (no matter what from what i am told this number never changes). Rush meaning you get seats in theatre. They also sell an additional 10 tickets for standing room. The difference in this is that the 12 tickets for rush, the people in this line can grab up to 2 tickets...while the standing room it's only 1 ticket per person. AKA you can't pick up 2 tickets for standing room per person. Hope this cleared it up. This was the worst rush line I ever waited on, I could only imagine if Wicked ever had a rush.

I made a list of all your faults, it was quite detailed and lengthy too and when I read it through I missed you. Your like a classic Eagles song, you just cant help but sing along even though it sometimes gets annoying too. I just know I want to be wherever I can wake and see you there next to me. **High Fidelity** Love is what I do **The Wedding Singer** Xanadu - Best NEW Musical of the Season!

Lori2 Profile Photo
Lori2
#82re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/16/06 at 1:27pm

Tuesday: Get there around 10.
Wednesday Matinee: 7:30 AM.
Wednesday Night: 1 PM.
Thursday: 11.
Friday: 11.
Saturday Matinee: 6:30 AM.
Saturday Night: 11:30 to Noon.
Sunday: 7 AM.

This schedule's just for current rush. It should die down during the school year. And then it will also be a lot easier to wait, because it won't be so hot. "

Wow thanks good to know! I would like to see John again before he leaves!

http://www.myspace.com/jrobertspencer
Can you keep the cup from tipping Can you keep the grip from slipping In despair, for just another day ~Next To Normal

Lori2 Profile Photo
Lori2
#83re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/22/06 at 11:48am

Just wondering where did you get this info from if you don't mind me asking?

Can you keep the cup from tipping Can you keep the grip from slipping In despair, for just another day ~Next To Normal

OnMyWay Profile Photo
OnMyWay
#84re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/22/06 at 12:08pm

Those times sound about right to me, based on rushing recently for this show, and also walking past the theatre and seeing people lined up.

I rushed about a month ago, and one girl brought a card game for all of the student rushers to play. There were six of us total (each buying 2 tickets), and we played cards for several hours while we waited. It was too much fun!

"People that excel in the arts understand that the journey is the reward...the result an added bonus. Every day I act or train is a blessing and a dream come true. If Broadway beckons so be it. I have a personal definition of success that is unshakable by a possibly unobtainable goal." -HamletWasBipolar

smashingasian
#85re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/22/06 at 12:09pm

About the new rush policy? Or just how many tickets they have at the box office? Or just the list of times that was listed? haha

That time sheet is no longer effective due to the new policy. All tickets for rush go on sale when the box office opens.

Lori2 Profile Photo
Lori2
#86re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/22/06 at 12:59pm

"That time sheet is no longer effective due to the new policy. All tickets for rush go on sale when the box office opens." ??

Ok I'm lost what is the new policy now lol?

Lori2 Profile Photo
Lori2
#87re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/22/06 at 1:24pm

Oh and what about the cancellation line?

smashingasian
#88re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/22/06 at 1:26pm

All tickets for student rush go on sale when the box office opens. If you're going on a two show day, you have to go to the theatre in the morning to purchase them. Not 4:30 pm.

Lori2 Profile Photo
Lori2
#89re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/22/06 at 4:01pm

Thanks smashingasian

smashingasian
#90re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/22/06 at 4:32pm

No problem Lori. Love your pic with Daniel ;]

Lori2 Profile Photo
Lori2
#91re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 8/22/06 at 4:51pm

Thanks! It was taking on June 3rd, that is when my family and I saw Jersey boys with the whole cast re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH! I met the all the guys as well they are all very sweet!
I hope to see it again before JLY leaves! Trying for this Saturday. We'll see

Alli579 Profile Photo
Alli579
#92re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 9/6/06 at 7:49pm

Sorry to bump this thread. Just wanted to see if the rush has calmed down at all. I'm planning on rushing for a Sunday matinee. What time should I get there, and how long can I plan on waiting? Thanks!

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#93re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 9/6/06 at 7:58pm

I'd say get there at 6- 6:30 and you should be good.

Lori2 Profile Photo
Lori2
#94re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 9/7/06 at 12:10pm

"Sorry to bump this thread. Just wanted to see if the rush has calmed down at all. I'm planning on rushing for a Sunday matinee. What time should I get there, and how long can I plan on waiting? Thanks! "

Hey my friend and I are going there on Sunday too, hopefully no one will be there since everyone will be back to school , college whatever lol! I hope!!! *crosses fingers*

Question if we are there for student rush at 6am on Sunday you think we have a good chance of getting in? Also, how many do they sell for student tickets (limit meaning)?

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#95re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 9/7/06 at 12:17pm

I rushed this past Tuesday and I guess I over-anticipated what rush line was going to be like because I got there waaay early and the next person didn't show up until about 8:30 or 9 with the box office opening at 10.

Lori2 Profile Photo
Lori2
#96re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 9/7/06 at 12:43pm

"I rushed this past Tuesday and I guess I over-anticipated what rush line was going to be like because I got there waaay early and the next person didn't show up until about 8:30 or 9 with the box office opening at 10. "

Wow I'm guessing that is a good sign, but this the weekend I'm talking about LOL

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#97re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 9/7/06 at 1:00pm

Well.. I can't help you for a weekend because I've never rushed on a weekend. I was just giving my input on what rush might be like now that school is back in session. Of course, I don't know what rush was like before on weekdays over the summer. I don't live here, LOL.

Lori2 Profile Photo
Lori2
#98re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 9/7/06 at 1:10pm

Haha ok thanks re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH! I live in South Jersey actually but I'm in NYC as much as I can be hehere: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#99re: BEWARE OF JERSEY BOYS RUSH!
Posted: 9/7/06 at 2:00pm

I was curious how much better the rush line may be with summer ending.

This is great news!

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli