"Chicago" rush

JBradshaw Profile Photo
JBradshaw
#0"Chicago" rush
Posted: 9/17/06 at 12:44pm

has anyone done "Chicago" rush recently since usher has taken over? i was thinking of maybe rushing it soon and was curious what the rush line has been like on weekends, like what time you got there and so forth...

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#1re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 9/17/06 at 12:48pm

Well I went on a Sunday two weeks ago. I think the last people to get tickets arrived between 8 and 9. But there were two shows. On Saturdays the BO opens earlier and they only sell for the matinee.

Anthony3 Profile Photo
Anthony3
#2re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/5/07 at 9:22pm

bump..

Does anyone know how Chicago's Rush has been since Bebe joined the cast? Do you think I will be able to get a rush ticket an hour or less before the show time?

Thanks

Freckles1329 Profile Photo
Freckles1329
#3re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/22/07 at 12:07am

I'm bumping. Does anyone know how the rush has been lately? I was thinking of rushing this Saturday. Any info would be awesome!

"For example, if I should paint my fingernails green - and it just so happens I do paint them green. Well, if anyone should ask me why, I say: 'I think it's pretty!'"

broadwaybaby086
#4re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/22/07 at 12:12am

I doubt it. I rushed last Sunday and got there around 9am. We were the first people there, and actually had time to run and get coffee, but soon after we had returned- I'd say 9:40-ish, the line quickly began to grow. I can't say anything for weekdays, but on Sunday, I'd say 10:30 at the very latest, 'cause they only give away 20 (I am told).

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

kgallo Profile Photo
kgallo
#5re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/22/07 at 12:16am

I rushed Chicago on Wed. 1/10. We got there around 10:30 and had no problem getting 3 tickets.

"Thought is suspect, and money is their idol, and nothing is okay unless it's scripted in their Bible." -Spring Awakening

TristezzaBella27
#6re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/22/07 at 12:20am

how much are chicago rush? and where are the seats?

kgallo Profile Photo
kgallo
#7re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/22/07 at 12:23am

I paid $26.25 and seats were side orchestra.

"Thought is suspect, and money is their idol, and nothing is okay unless it's scripted in their Bible." -Spring Awakening

TristezzaBella27
#8re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/22/07 at 12:26am

awesome! thank you! i didnt think they did rush. so excited now!!! i wanna see Bebe!! :screams:

Tchi4Lif188 Profile Photo
Tchi4Lif188
#9re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/22/07 at 12:33am

i went sat and got there at 9:45 and was about 7th in line and got row E, the 2 seats furthest to the left (21 and 23). and considering i only paid $26.25, i was VERY pleased! and yes, bebe is adorable in the role!! go see her!!! lol.

"Wishes come true, not free..."

Freckles1329
#10re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/22/07 at 12:40am

Thanks for all of the info!! I'm excited for Saturday!!

"For example, if I should paint my fingernails green - and it just so happens I do paint them green. Well, if anyone should ask me why, I say: 'I think it's pretty!'"

TristezzaBella27
#11re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/22/07 at 12:46am

yay!! how long is Bebe in it for?! :sqeals: the first Broadway recording I fell in love with was the revival cast recording of Chicago. Yet I have NEVER seen the show!!!

Freckles1329
#12re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/22/07 at 12:47am

I believe she's in until March 25.

TristezzaBella27
#13re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/22/07 at 12:51am

thank you!!!

i love your avatar btw! :-p lol

Freckles1329
#14re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/22/07 at 12:52am

No problem and thanks!

Tchi4Lif188 Profile Photo
Tchi4Lif188
#15re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/22/07 at 12:55am

i need to get me a copy of the revival cast recording. all i have is the movie soundtrack and its not the same. and i def prefer the stage show version of this show. but on sat i kept wanting to see bebe and velma. i REALLY wish i could have seen that.

"Wishes come true, not free..."

Freckles1329
#16re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/22/07 at 12:59am

My parents got to see Bebe as Velma! I have their playbill and it's gonna be so weird to go see her as Roxie.

coolkid11776
#17re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/22/07 at 12:00pm

Do they sell the tickets for the night show when the box office opens? I could either get their at like 12:30 or at 5:00 after my 2PM show. Which time do you think is better? How many do they give away for the night shows and where are those seats
I heard they are in the 1st 2 rows?

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

coolkid11776
#18re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/22/07 at 12:18pm

BUMP
Also I'm going in on saturday

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

CJR
#19re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/22/07 at 12:24pm

Chicago rush is NOT the first 2 rows of the orchestra. They are partial view seats on the sides of the orchestra. It hasnt been a front row rush since it's days at the Shubert (man, i miss those days!).

As for when they sell them, rush tickets are sold as soon as the box office opens, no matter which performance you are attending (if it's a two show day).

Also, to the best of my knowledge, there is no rush for the 8pm show on Saturday. Im almost positive that rule is still in effect. That rule came when the show moved to the Ambassador.

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

Updated On: 1/22/07 at 12:24 PM

coolkid11776
#20re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/22/07 at 12:26pm

How's the view do you miss things?
If I go at 12:30 do you think they will still have tickets left?

CJR
#21re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/22/07 at 12:28pm

Please see what I added to my last post.

And I dont know how the rush will be. I havent personally rushed the show in years.

The view is fine. You miss some little things going on on the sides of the stage, but nothing major.

Updated On: 1/22/07 at 12:28 PM

C is for Company
#22re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/22/07 at 2:03pm

CJR, in addition to getting side orchestra seating through rush, I've also attained first AND second row on trying for rush also.

CJR
#23re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/22/07 at 2:38pm

I should clarify. When I say the rush isn't 1st and 2nd row of the orchestra, I mean 1st and 2nd row center. My error, I should have been more clear. In my mind, when someone says front row rush and it has to do with Chicago, I think 1st row center like it used to be at the Shubert.

I have rushed at the Ambassador and sat both first and second row, but it has been on the far sides of the orchestra, just like the rest of the rush seats.

C is for Company
#24re: 'Chicago' rush
Posted: 1/22/07 at 2:45pm

Yeah, you're exactly right, it is the side of any of the rows, but it is still a fantastic viewing experience and especially for the price.

Videos