#200Misheard Lyrics That Have Left You Puzzled
Posted: 12/2/14 at 7:00pm

^I had to look up that Les Mis one too!

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#201Misheard Lyrics That Have Left You Puzzled
Posted: 12/2/14 at 7:15pm

A 13 year old me;

"Sodomy, Fellatio, Cunnilingus, They're so nasty. Father why do these words sound so nasty? Mass Starvation can be fun, join the holy orgy, come on Sutra and everyone!"

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#202Misheard Lyrics That Have Left You Puzzled
Posted: 12/2/14 at 7:43pm

I can never understand the words in beginning of "The Soul of a Man" in Kinky Boots until I searched it up. It was because of the rough accent. "I'm bad news, a black and blues-er
Who's a loser".. maybe it was just me. It's funny how I thought he added "er" in the end of "news".. it kind of sounds like he does.

broadwayboy223
#203Misheard Lyrics That Have Left You Puzzled
Posted: 12/2/14 at 8:19pm

I read somewhere once that someone thought "just a little touch of star quality" was "just a little touch of strawberry tea" there with other mis heard versions of that lyric but I don't remember them unfortunately.

IronMan Profile Photo
IronMan
#204Misheard Lyrics That Have Left You Puzzled
Posted: 12/20/14 at 12:02am

On the original "Sunday in the Park..." recording, I always thought that the lyric in "It's Hot Up Here" went:
Jules: "Do you like tall grass?" Frieda: "Ah-CHOO!"
Actually:
Frieda: "Hah!" Yvonne: "JULES!"

In "I'm Still Here":
"I've been through Reno, rescuers, religion and pills..."
Actually: "rest cures"

In "Annie," having never heard of "a Mickey Finn," I thought the orphans sang, "Make her drink up icky gin." And though I knew it wasn't right (because of the title) I will still sing, "We're Getting A Nude Eel for Christmas"

"What- and quit show business?" - the guy shoveling elephant shit at the circus.

Bell0708
#205Misheard Lyrics That Have Left You Puzzled
Posted: 12/20/14 at 6:02pm

For the song "The Wizard and I" in Wicked, I always thought she was singing, "Would it be all right by you if I be greeted by you?" instead of what it really was "if I de-greenify you?" Although to be fair, unless you know the musical very well, that word made no sense.

Sorry if someone else posted the same thing, I don't have time to go back and read all the comments!

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#206Misheard Lyrics That Have Left You Puzzled
Posted: 1/19/15 at 10:26pm

I became obsessed with A Chorus Line when I was a teen, and I always thought during the Montage that Paul said "What am I gonna say when he cums on me?" which, although inappropriate, made sense since Paul is gay and they were all reminiscing about moments from their teenage years. I've always been a little disappointed ever since I learned he actually said "calls on me."

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

ErinDillyFan Profile Photo
ErinDillyFan
#207Misheard Lyrics That Have Left You Puzzled
Posted: 1/20/15 at 11:19am

It didn't puzzle me...

But, in Bonnie & Clyde, the song "You are going back to jail" there is a line where one of the women describing the difference between her lover and her husband .

"He has things that my Joe lacks, like teeth, and hair, and cash to be exact"

I heard:
"He has things that my Joe lacks, like teeth, and hair, and tats as big as cats"

Which made perfect sense to me. I have heard it on stage twice and can still convince myself that is the line with different women singing.