pixeltracker

A few tidbits from Artistic Director of Roundabout

A few tidbits from Artistic Director of Roundabout

C is for Company
#1A few tidbits from Artistic Director of Roundabout
Posted: 11/10/06 at 11:50am

Today when he came to my school, he confirmed Sunday's arrival for next fall. He also mentioned Kathleen Marshall attached to Anything Goes revival and was talking about wanting to bring back Fiorello in a couple of years. Jason Alexander turned him down already and is still hoping to find someone to fill the role in a couple of years.

Just thought it would be nice to pass on the Sunday information from Todd Haimes himself for people like me who were hoping to hear answers from a more definitive source in the matter.

perfectliar
#1re: A few tidbits from Artistic Director of Roundabout
Posted: 11/10/06 at 12:09pm

Thanks for the info!

Did he mention when they'd be reviving Anything Goes? I'm guessing Spring '08 at the earliest...

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#2re: A few tidbits from Artistic Director of Roundabout
Posted: 11/10/06 at 12:28pm

I'm can't wait to find out casting rumors about the Anything Goes revival. re: A few tidbits from Artistic Director of Roundabout

TheMecca
#3re: A few tidbits from Artistic Director of Roundabout
Posted: 11/10/06 at 12:57pm

Anything Goes revival sounds fantastic, as does the confirmed Sunday transfer.
Thanks for the info!

C is for Company
#4re: A few tidbits from Artistic Director of Roundabout
Posted: 11/10/06 at 1:09pm

No problem, I'd feel bad if none of this happened, but when questioned about upcoming seasons, that was how he responded.

He didn't mention any casting information on Sunday or Anything Goes, but just talked about his Fiorello hopes. He didn't stay after the presentation to answer any more questions because he had another class discussion to give after ours on management. If he had stayed, I would totally have touched on plans of transferring any of the British cast of Sunday.

kidmanboy Profile Photo
kidmanboy
#5re: A few tidbits from Artistic Director of Roundabout
Posted: 11/10/06 at 1:41pm

I'm super excited about Sunday in the Park, but I really wish they'd give someone besides Kathleen Marshall a chance at an old-school revival. I've found her direction and choreography uninspired and pedestrian.

neddyfrank2
#6re: A few tidbits from Artistic Director of Roundabout
Posted: 11/10/06 at 1:43pm

Well I have found Kathleen Marshalls direction and coreography everything except uninspired and pedestrian.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#7re: A few tidbits from Artistic Director of Roundabout
Posted: 11/10/06 at 1:48pm

That makes 2 of us, neddy.

Pedestrian = Jerry Ball Sacks.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Gothampc
#8re: A few tidbits from Artistic Director of Roundabout
Posted: 11/10/06 at 1:57pm

"Jason Alexander turned him down already and is still hoping to find someone to fill the role in a couple of years."

Thank goodness. Jason Alexander is not right for the role.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

munkustrap178
#9re: A few tidbits from Artistic Director of Roundabout
Posted: 11/10/06 at 2:00pm

What about Paul Sorvino?

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Gothampc
#10re: A few tidbits from Artistic Director of Roundabout
Posted: 11/10/06 at 2:06pm

If he would cut his hair, they should cast Dan Fogler.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

munkustrap178
#11re: A few tidbits from Artistic Director of Roundabout
Posted: 11/10/06 at 2:15pm

Hey, I'm sure Tom Bosley could do it again.

Jazzysuite82
#12re: A few tidbits from Artistic Director of Roundabout
Posted: 11/10/06 at 4:55pm

Am I the only one who thinks they should pick a better revival. Or at least one that hasn't been revived twice. I mean Fiorello is a great idea because it really hasn't seen a full production in a while. But Anything Goes? I mean everyone knows it, it's generic and not very exciting for Broadway. In another 15 years it might be time. But now when there are so many other great shows waiting to be seen again, it seems dull to me.

Yankeefan007
#13re: A few tidbits from Artistic Director of Roundabout
Posted: 11/10/06 at 5:11pm

Tom Bosley doing a limited engagement of it COULD be great. If he's got the stamina to do On Golden Pond on tour, I'm sure he'd be able to do that.

Gothampc
#14re: A few tidbits from Artistic Director of Roundabout
Posted: 11/10/06 at 5:25pm

"Tom Bosley doing a limited engagement of it COULD be great."

He's way too old. LaGuardia is only about 30-35 in the show. Bosley is 80.

Gypsy9 Profile Photo
Gypsy9
#15re: A few tidbits from Artistic Director of Roundabout
Posted: 11/10/06 at 9:37pm

What's the matter with Jason Alexander playing Fiorello? I think he would be fine in the role. I saw the OBC back in 1960 and I can picture Alexander doing it. At least he's short enough! At any rate, he turned it down; that's show biz. I don't know enough about the new actors to suggest anyone else. But I'm glad a revival is in the works. I believe it was the very first show in the Encores Series at the City Center, but I don't recall who played the lead. It was over a decade ago.

"Madam Rose...and her daughter...Gypsy!"

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#16re: A few tidbits from Artistic Director of Roundabout
Posted: 11/10/06 at 9:42pm

I really wish they'd give someone besides Kathleen Marshall a chance at an old-school revival. I've found her direction and choreography uninspired and pedestrian.

Amen. I couldn't agree more. Her Tony wins were flukes in two seasons that were very weak in the choreography department.

By the way, thanks for the info, C is for Company. re: A few tidbits from Artistic Director of Roundabout I'd love to see Emily Skinner as Reno Sweeney, if she could get her attendence issues under control. And if not Emily, how about Heidi Blickenstaff?

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 11/10/06 at 09:42 PM

Videos