re: Rent.

AudreyTwoTwo Profile Photo
AudreyTwoTwo
#1Rent.
Posted: 11/12/06 at 3:39pm

OKAY...

From a source that I am not sure is liable, I heard that RENT is closing. Just like The Producers (shoot me now) and Wedding Singer (NOO!!!).

Just clarify this for me, so I can tell this person the correct answer.

IS RENT CLOSING?

The Best of Times is Now!

neddyfrank2
#1re: Rent.
Posted: 11/12/06 at 3:42pm

No

Edit: If the source isn't liable then why would you listen to him/her? Updated On: 11/12/06 at 03:42 PM

Yankeefan007
#2re: Rent.
Posted: 11/12/06 at 3:43pm

Rent closes every 6 months.

moulinrougehk Profile Photo
moulinrougehk
#3re: Rent.
Posted: 11/12/06 at 3:45pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Sure u need to close the rent every 6 months!

Somebody sit in my chair, and ruin my sleep, and make me aware of being alive!
Updated On: 11/12/06 at 03:45 PM

newyorkrbust
#4re: Rent.
Posted: 11/12/06 at 3:56pm

they just replaced 1/2 of the cast not long ago...I'm sure they have contracts

It really said US Navy, but hey, I worked with what they gave me ok.

SDav 10495 Profile Photo
SDav 10495
#5re: Rent.
Posted: 11/12/06 at 4:02pm

Reliable.

REliable.

RELIABLE.

"If there is going to be a restoration fee, there should also be a Renaissance fee, a Middle Ages fee and a Dark Ages fee. Someone must have men in the back room making up names, euphemisms for profit." (Emanuel Azenberg)

Parks
#6re: Rent.
Posted: 11/12/06 at 4:09pm

Actors' contracts mean nothing when it comes to how long a show will stay open. Most of The Wedding Singers' actors' contracts last through April 2007, but the show is closing next month. A few of the cast members of DRS before it closed on Broadway were only about 2 months into their contracts.

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

erinrebecca
#7re: Rent.
Posted: 11/12/06 at 4:20pm

"liable"?????

Trust me, when Rent posts a closing notice, you won't have to be relying on "liable" sources.

Mandi Moo Profile Photo
Mandi Moo
#8re: Rent.
Posted: 11/12/06 at 4:22pm

When Rent closes BWW will implode.

wexy
#9re: Rent.
Posted: 11/12/06 at 4:28pm

The funny thing is that I'm going for the first time tomorrow.

'Take me out tonight where's there's music and there's people and they're young and alive.'

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#10re: Rent.
Posted: 11/12/06 at 4:43pm

What was your liable source? Every week there is "I heard Rent is going to close" thread. Rent will not close unless their attendace is in to 30's for over a month.

SweetQintheLights
#11re: Rent.
Posted: 11/12/06 at 4:51pm

I just laughed.

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

AudreyTwoTwo
#12re: Rent.
Posted: 11/13/06 at 1:16pm

I'm not listening to the person, I actually am gonna copy all of your answers into a Microsoft Document and print them for her.

I said "It's not closing!" But she didnt believe me.

So that is why I posted this.

AudreyTwoTwo
#13re: Rent.
Posted: 11/13/06 at 1:19pm

Actually, this "liable" source is one of my friend's friends. She's a pain in my butt and she thinks she knows everything about Broadway, and I actually think she's trying to piss my friend off because she loves Rent. My friend came to me and said Rent was closing. I practically choked on the food I was eating and said "Where the hell did you hear that?"

Needless to say I have pleaded with the kid, but she doesn't listen.

Did I mention the kid is like 12?

ReNtHeAd04
#14re: Rent.
Posted: 11/13/06 at 2:41pm

yeahh.by now rent should have closed pretty much everyday day for the past how many years? oi vey..

"maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away" -sex and the city

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#15re: Rent.
Posted: 11/13/06 at 2:46pm

"oi vey"

Are you French anf Jewish?

It's oy....

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

CandarianDemonMoose Profile Photo
CandarianDemonMoose
#16re: Rent.
Posted: 11/13/06 at 3:56pm

Hope so?

Don't shoot me...

Fiction Writer Profile Photo
Fiction Writer
#17re: Rent.
Posted: 11/13/06 at 4:04pm

What's up with all these "RE:" Threads??

ReNtHeAd04
#18re: Rent.
Posted: 11/13/06 at 4:12pm

actually theatre diva i am french and jewish! how did you ever guess? lol. is it really bothering you that much i didn't spell it right? "oh vey"

"maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away" -sex and the city

boxers7 Profile Photo
boxers7
#19re: Rent.
Posted: 11/13/06 at 4:17pm

FW: It's driving me INSANE! We're not sending e-mails here! We're smart people here at BWW, we can figure out the title of the post refers to what its regarding.

"I don't wanna see that!" -Aunt Sassy (as played by Valerie Cherish) on Room & Bored

Rotel1026
#20re: Rent.
Posted: 11/13/06 at 4:25pm

Wait...the title say Rent, but what's it about?

Good thing I have that "re" there to help me figure that out.

So wait, you came onto a board to ask people if your 12 year old friend of a friend was actually correct in stating that Rent was closing? Why would you even believe her? And why would you almost choke on your food? Rent will close someday and it won't be something to choke on your food over. It's just like every other show and it'll have a natural cycle that will one day come to an end. I'd venture to say that a good deal of people think that cycle should have come to a close by now.

OasisBroadway
#21re: Rent.
Posted: 11/13/06 at 4:29pm

"Rent will close someday and it won't be something to choke on your food over. "

Oh, that's a good one!

SorryGrateful
#22re: Rent.
Posted: 11/13/06 at 4:30pm

Agreed, FW! I hate it!

You promised me poems. ~Tricky

James885 Profile Photo
James885
#23re: Rent.
Posted: 11/13/06 at 4:59pm

I think that if Rent were closing, you wouldn't even have to ask anybody to be sure because there would be a big headline on BWW's home page, not to mention 100 Rent threads on the board.

"You drank a charm to kill John Proctor's wife! You drank a charm to kill Goody Proctor!" - Betty Parris to Abigail Williams in Arthur Miller's The Crucible

AudreyTwoTwo
#25re: Rent.
Posted: 11/17/06 at 4:50pm

I think that if Rent were closing, you wouldn't even have to ask anybody to be sure because there would be a big headline on BWW's home page, not to mention 100 Rent threads on the board.

I actually stated that to my friends, but they didnt believe me.

I don't believe this kid. Once again, I just want to show to her its not closing.

When I said I almost choked, I didnt mean upset. I was just suprised because there had been absolutely no board on here about it, and then I thought, "Wait a minute, thats not right!"