Ensembles You'd Hate To Be In- Page 2

Ensembles You'd Hate To Be In

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#25re: Ensembles You'd Hate To Be In
Posted: 11/26/06 at 3:29pm

"42nd Street.

If you can't tap dance & you're in the ensemble, you come on like 4 times."

Note: If you're in 42nd Street- you should know how to tap dance. That's like---the entire show!

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#26re: Ensembles You'd Hate To Be In
Posted: 11/26/06 at 6:48pm

It depends on the show - I wouldn't want to be in a really heavy dance show like Crazy for You or Hairspray, because i think those would be exauhsting after a while. I also wouldn't like to be in the ensemble of a particularly vocally demanding show.

And personally, I've always wanted to be as far away from any production of Parade ever because I would never want to have my emotions raped every night.

See, I wouldn't mind being in the ensemble of "Piazza". All you have to do is sing...no dancing, no quick changes, and if you're having an off-night you could totally phone in and no one would notice (not that I would, mind you.) It's a nice job.

Neverandy Profile Photo
Neverandy
#27re: Ensembles You'd Hate To Be In
Posted: 11/26/06 at 6:52pm

I did the Annie national for over a year of my life and can't beleive someone would say it is awful. I loved it. It is such an old style musical and so well put together. Maybe the female enseble is kinda under-used but the guys have a whole lot of stuff to do.
Maybe it was because I was working with the creator of the show and all of the "Secrets" were in place. Anyway I loved it and hopefully someday I will get to do it again.
My vote would have to be Camelot. Only because I hate wearing Tights!

Other than that, did you enjoy the play Mrs Lincoln?

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#28re: Ensembles You'd Hate To Be In
Posted: 11/26/06 at 7:07pm

The Apple Tree, you are not on for the first 90 min, does anybody know when the people for acts 2 and 3 get to the theatre.

broadway_socialite Profile Photo
broadway_socialite
#29re: Ensembles You'd Hate To Be In
Posted: 11/26/06 at 7:13pm

I saw a production of "you're a good man charlie brown" where they added an ensemble, but all they did was sing in the opening and in the finale and be glorified set movers. i wondered why they added them in the first place.

Parks
#30re: Ensembles You'd Hate To Be In
Posted: 11/26/06 at 7:56pm

There's no ensemble in Into The Woods. I mean, I was a part of the made up part of "chorus" in middle school, but...that wasn't real. We came on stage about 4 times...end of prologue, first midnight, act 1 finale, act 2 finale.

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

actor
#31re: Ensembles You'd Hate To Be In
Posted: 11/26/06 at 8:00pm

I would hate to be in The Drowsy Chaperone ensemble - there aren't really many things to do.

jimnysf
#32re: Ensembles You'd Hate To Be In
Posted: 11/26/06 at 8:03pm

I think being in the audience for "Lestat" was worse than being in the ensemble. At least they got paid.

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

BJC899
#33re: Ensembles You'd Hate To Be In
Posted: 11/26/06 at 8:03pm

Who likes Christmas? Whos like Christmas! Hahaha oh good times at The Grinch.

I would never want to be in the ensemble for GYPSY.

roquat
#34re: Ensembles You'd Hate To Be In
Posted: 11/28/06 at 2:39pm

There isn't really a GYPSY ensemble.

Another vote for CAMELOT--the ensemble barely even dances and they're on for three numbers, one of which is all "Tra-la"s. They're basically there to hold up the pretty costumes.

MY FAIR LADY and FUNNY GIRL are fairly awful for the ensemble as well.

I ask in all honesty/What would life be?/Without a song and a dance, what are we?/So I say "Thank you for the music/For giving it to me."

Gothampc
#35re: Ensembles You'd Hate To Be In
Posted: 11/28/06 at 3:36pm

Not musicals, but

An Inspector Calls. A crowd shows up and stands around for about 10 minutes. I often wondered when it was on Broadway, if they even hired actors for the crowd. I think they just shoved a bunch of homeless people onstage.

Three Tall Women. The son sits in a chair in the hospital room and watches his comatose mother. No lines, no stage business, nothing. And for that they hired an Equity actor.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#36re: Ensembles You'd Hate To Be In
Posted: 11/28/06 at 3:42pm

What time is the ensamble call for The Apple Tree?

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#37re: Ensembles You'd Hate To Be In
Posted: 11/28/06 at 3:42pm

What time is the ensamble call for The Apple Tree?

RentBoy86
#38re: Ensembles You'd Hate To Be In
Posted: 11/28/06 at 3:46pm

Out of the shows I've seen, I'd say 42nd Street just because I dispise the show.

But the only ensemble I could really think that I would hate to be in would be The Lion King. I just really think the whole show is a diservice to actors. No one really gets any chance to act or do anything really.

Julian2
#39re: Ensembles You'd Hate To Be In
Posted: 11/28/06 at 3:46pm

I have to disagree with My Fair Lady. I was in it this summer and I had a blast. We had the Opening Scene, Little Bit of Luck Reprise, Ascot Gavotte (Which I was not in b/c I had a costume change), The Embassy Ball, and then we got to dance our little a$$es off in Gettin' Married in the Mornin'. Not to mention the Cockney Trio and the Servants Chorus.

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!

Mistress_Spouzic Profile Photo
Mistress_Spouzic
#40re: Ensembles You'd Hate To Be In
Posted: 11/28/06 at 3:59pm

last time I saw Wicked the ensemble looked sloppy, but they have so much to do, i think itd be easy for them to look out of sync.

Neverandy Profile Photo
Neverandy
#41re: Ensembles You'd Hate To Be In
Posted: 11/28/06 at 4:29pm

One of my friends was an "ensemble" member in An Inspector Calls on B'way. I think he got a reduced salary but he was paid nonetheless.

Other than that, did you enjoy the play Mrs Lincoln?

Gothampc
#42re: Ensembles You'd Hate To Be In
Posted: 11/28/06 at 4:36pm

Wildcat. Having to back up Lucille Ball while she's seriously trying to sing and dance? I'd have hated to be in it.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#43re: Ensembles You'd Hate To Be In
Posted: 11/28/06 at 6:08pm

piazza.

avenue q on the other hand looks like it would be a blast

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

StarStruckGB Profile Photo
StarStruckGB
#44re: Ensembles You'd Hate To Be In
Posted: 11/28/06 at 6:20pm

To Katurian2:

I was in the ensemble of 42nd Street, I can tap dance & I DID tap in the show.
But they pick a small group who can tap dance better and they get put into the tap scenes moreso than the rest.

Goshen doesn't do High-School-shows.

COOOOLkid
#45re: Ensembles You'd Hate To Be In
Posted: 11/28/06 at 9:00pm

A bit off topic, but how much part does the ensemble play in Jekyll and Hyde?

"Hey, you! You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" -Family Guy

coolphantom919 Profile Photo
coolphantom919
#46re: Ensembles You'd Hate To Be In
Posted: 11/28/06 at 9:13pm

The Light In The Piazza!!! :^(

C is for Company
#47re: Ensembles You'd Hate To Be In
Posted: 11/28/06 at 9:18pm

Any respectable production or one that gives me plenty of work to do.

There are probably plenty exceptions for me there though, like I'd hate to be in The Music Man.

#48re: Ensembles You'd Hate To Be In
Posted: 11/29/06 at 10:35am

Into the Woods. Hang out in the wings for 2 hours and then come on as Snow White or Sleeping Beauty. Not my idea of fun.

jynni
#49re: Ensembles You'd Hate To Be In
Posted: 11/29/06 at 2:03pm

King & I. Even when you're on stage there's nothing to do- especially if "Western People Funny" gets cut.

Videos