pixeltracker

JULIA MURNEY COMES TO BROADWAY AS ELPHABA!- Page 4

JULIA MURNEY COMES TO BROADWAY AS ELPHABA!

overthemoon419 Profile Photo
overthemoon419
#75re: JULIA MURNEY COMES TO BROADWAY AS ELPHABA!
Posted: 12/23/06 at 10:03pm

-Personally, I did not like Kendra because her G(a)linda seemed very sarcastic and disinterested to me - like she was tired of doing the role. No technical complaints, though.

-Love, love, LOVE Julia. How long is her stint, does anyone know?

-Whoever asked about Sebastian/Rocky Horror: No, he was not in the show on Broadway - unless I'm terribly mistaken.

"It's not for sissies, contrary to popular belief." - Tommy Tune, on musical theatre.

My avatar: Yummy, no?

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#76re: JULIA MURNEY COMES TO BROADWAY AS ELPHABA!
Posted: 12/23/06 at 10:05pm

I can't remember where I read this, so feel free not to believe me, but I think it's six months.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

overthemoon419 Profile Photo
overthemoon419
#77re: JULIA MURNEY COMES TO BROADWAY AS ELPHABA!
Posted: 12/23/06 at 11:52pm

That's what I thought... I have tickets for May, so I *should* be okay, but if anyone happens to hear about any time she'll be taking off or whatever, please share!

"It's not for sissies, contrary to popular belief." - Tommy Tune, on musical theatre.

My avatar: Yummy, no?

wickedlywildrent Profile Photo
wickedlywildrent
#78re: JULIA MURNEY COMES TO BROADWAY AS ELPHABA!
Posted: 12/24/06 at 9:43am

I'm really excited for this! I saw the touring cast in July but Julia wasn't there so I saw Maria Eberline instead. I loved Kendra and Sebastian though. Hopefully I'll get to see it on Broadway with Julia in it. It's going to be amazing!

broadwaybaby086
#79re: JULIA MURNEY COMES TO BROADWAY AS ELPHABA!
Posted: 1/9/07 at 10:05pm

Bringing back the thread.

Did anyone see her first tonight? I lottoed (that looks strange) but to no avail. I'd love to see a review!

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#80re: JULIA MURNEY COMES TO BROADWAY AS ELPHABA!
Posted: 1/9/07 at 10:11pm

I received text messages from WAT during intermission and he said both Julia and Kendra were amazing (I'm not surprised having seen both of them on tour).

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

PB ENT. Profile Photo
PB ENT.
#81re: JULIA MURNEY COMES TO BROADWAY AS ELPHABA!
Posted: 1/9/07 at 11:02pm

I'm so glad both ladies are getting to do this again! Did you see Julia in Philly, Dottie? You seem to see as many shows here as I do! Too bad about Piazza.

Anyway, Rachel York in Camelot is coming in June. I suggest you get your tail down here again.

www.pbentertainmentinc.com BWW regional writer "Philadelphia/South Jersey"

DottieD'Luscia
#82re: JULIA MURNEY COMES TO BROADWAY AS ELPHABA!
Posted: 1/9/07 at 11:14pm

PB ENT, yes, WAT and I saw Julia in Philly. Kendra was out that night. We saw Kendra and Stephanie during the DC leg of the tour last year.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

bobert5353
#83re: JULIA MURNEY COMES TO BROADWAY AS ELPHABA!
Posted: 1/9/07 at 11:27pm

My friend went and she has seen the show over 50 times and she said it was amazing!

I am happy for Sebastian! He deserves to be on Broadway again. I love Julia as well.

Kendra....not so much. But my friend loved her to death.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#84re: JULIA MURNEY COMES TO BROADWAY AS ELPHABA!
Posted: 1/9/07 at 11:27pm

Just walked in the door. Julia, Kendra and Sebastian were absolutely stunning in their respective roles. Julia knocked The Wizard and I, Defying Gravity, and No Good Deed out of the park. She held those last notes of her big songs for such a long time. I had seen Kendra a year ago in Washington, DC with DottieD'Luscia (as he mentioned) and I had forgotten how hilarious she was in this role. She got every single laugh...and more! I have seen Sebastian three times in this role (Washington, Philly, tonight) and he is by far my favorite Fiyero. He and Julia had incredible chemistry for As Long As You're Mine and his Dancing Through Life was perfect. I love every single second of the show and got chills many many times. Congrats to all involved and here's to a long and healthy run.

PS: Stephanie J. Block was in attendance tonight and I got to speak to her at the stage door about Wicked (saw her in DC last year) and The Pirate Queen (I'm seeing the first preview). She is an amazing human being and I hope her show turns out to be a hit.

PPS: I asked Julia how long she will be in the show for and she said she didn't know...so get your tickets now. She is not to be missed in this role. Even better than I remembered from last March!

Updated On: 1/9/07 at 11:27 PM

ashley0139
#85re: JULIA MURNEY COMES TO BROADWAY AS ELPHABA!
Posted: 1/9/07 at 11:34pm

Thanks for the review! So good to hear great things about Julia.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

iluvtheatertrash
#86re: JULIA MURNEY COMES TO BROADWAY AS ELPHABA!
Posted: 1/9/07 at 11:44pm

Just walked in. Had bought a fullprice seat, but a friend won lotto, so I moved down there and gave my seat to another friend.

Julia was marvelous, as expected. She's very regal and while not physically too old, she does come across as an older soul than Fiyero. But their fire is pretty difficult to put out.

Julia and Kendra are a riot together. Kendra sure ain't a soprano, that's for sure. But the riotous laughter she causes makes up for the thin voice. Her POPULAR is one to remember.

Now eagerly awaiting Lisa Brescia. It'll be sure to be the battle of the Elphabas over at the Gershwin. Two beautiful performers playing the hell out of that role!

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

WithoutATrace
#87re: JULIA MURNEY COMES TO BROADWAY AS ELPHABA!
Posted: 1/9/07 at 11:47pm

I can't wait to go see it again with this cast!

Freckles1329 Profile Photo
Freckles1329
#88re: JULIA MURNEY COMES TO BROADWAY AS ELPHABA!
Posted: 1/9/07 at 11:50pm

Me too! I'm glad to have these 3 on broadway, getting another chance at their roles.

"For example, if I should paint my fingernails green - and it just so happens I do paint them green. Well, if anyone should ask me why, I say: 'I think it's pretty!'"

WithoutATrace
#89re: JULIA MURNEY COMES TO BROADWAY AS ELPHABA!
Posted: 1/10/07 at 12:22am

Just thought I should mention that out of the eight times I have seen this show in New York, tonight's performance was the best I've ever seen (including the OBC). I may try the lottery this weekend...
Updated On: 1/10/07 at 12:22 AM

AJ--Law Profile Photo
AJ--Law
#90re: JULIA MURNEY COMES TO BROADWAY AS ELPHABA!
Posted: 1/10/07 at 2:38pm

I'm glad the first night went so good...very exicted to see her on stage again in Feb., saw her on the tour last summer. There is just something special about Julia Murney!

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#91re: JULIA MURNEY COMES TO BROADWAY AS ELPHABA!
Posted: 1/10/07 at 3:46pm

I'm planning my trip to go see the show again. Just for the three of them. Particularly Julia. They're all amazing.

My aunt's friends are part of the Araca Company and they said that Julia's in the show for at least 6 months.

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#92re: JULIA MURNEY COMES TO BROADWAY AS ELPHABA!
Posted: 1/10/07 at 5:43pm

There really is something magical about Julia, Kendra and Sebastian together. Seeing them in Philly was one of my favorite theatre-going experiences. I've seen Wicked numerous times, but something about this cast makes them more memorable than the others.

WithoutATrace
#93re: JULIA MURNEY COMES TO BROADWAY AS ELPHABA!
Posted: 1/10/07 at 5:45pm

I totally agree, Quibbler.

glimpseofstocking Profile Photo
glimpseofstocking
#94re: JULIA MURNEY COMES TO BROADWAY AS ELPHABA!
Posted: 1/10/07 at 6:06pm

I saw Julia back when the tour came to Cincinnati. I'm not a huge Wicked aficionado, but from what I've seen and heard she seems to be one of (if not the most) original Elphaba.
I'm glad to hear that her first show went well :)

There wouldn't be lights bright enough!

DottieD'Luscia
#95re: JULIA MURNEY COMES TO BROADWAY AS ELPHABA!
Posted: 1/10/07 at 6:13pm

I just have to say that thanks to WAT I saw the touring company twice and subsequently had a change of heart regarding this show, especially after not really liking it when I first saw it on Broadway. I actually can't wait to see the present company. Talk about a 360!

WithoutATrace
#96re: JULIA MURNEY COMES TO BROADWAY AS ELPHABA!
Posted: 1/10/07 at 8:48pm

I am *so glad* that you're excited to revisit the show in New York!!! re: JULIA MURNEY COMES TO BROADWAY AS ELPHABA!