Anika Noni Rose: Whats Next?!

RustyRocketteBoy Profile Photo
RustyRocketteBoy
#1Anika Noni Rose: Whats Next?!
Posted: 12/26/06 at 11:18am

after her AMZING performance in Dreamgirls, im desperate to know what shes going to do now. anyone know?

Stop worrying if your vision is new. Let others make that decision- They usually do. You keep moving on. Anything you do, Let it come from you. Then it will be new. Give us more to see... ~Sunday In the Park with George

Jazzysuite82
#2re: Anika Noni Rose: Whats Next?!
Posted: 12/26/06 at 11:24am

She's rediculous suddenly. She's got three films coming out in the next year. Plus she says she's eyeing the Porgy and Bess revival that's slated to come next fall. She's a busy girl. It's very wise to use this Dreamgirls momentum while it's rolling

RustyRocketteBoy
#2re: Anika Noni Rose: Whats Next?!
Posted: 12/26/06 at 11:34am

she would be an amazing Serena in Porgy and Bess.....

Stop worrying if your vision is new. Let others make that decision- They usually do. You keep moving on. Anything you do, Let it come from you. Then it will be new. Give us more to see... ~Sunday In the Park with George

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#3re: Anika Noni Rose: Whats Next?!
Posted: 12/26/06 at 11:35am

How brillant is she? I was in such awe of her when I saw Dreamgirls and can't believe she's not getting more recognition from film critics ect...

The Porgy and Bess revival sounds like a great opportunity and I would probably faint if I heard her sing "summertime"!

Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#4re: Anika Noni Rose: Whats Next?!
Posted: 12/26/06 at 11:37am

"It's very wise to use this Dreamgirls momentum while it's rolling"

More like common sense. She's be incredibly stupid not to.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#5re: Anika Noni Rose: Whats Next?!
Posted: 12/26/06 at 11:39am

As I said to you earlier Rath: I enjoy your posts. Mainly because of the innate common sense you continually display.

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#6re: Anika Noni Rose: Whats Next?!
Posted: 12/26/06 at 11:42am

Ditto.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

Jazzysuite82
#7re: Anika Noni Rose: Whats Next?!
Posted: 12/26/06 at 12:19pm

What's the difference between common sense and wisedom?

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#8re: Anika Noni Rose: Whats Next?!
Posted: 12/26/06 at 12:27pm

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
common sense
–noun
sound practical judgment that is independent of specialized knowledge, training, or the like; normal native intelligence.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) -
wisdom
–noun
1. the quality or state of being wise; knowledge of what is true or right coupled with just judgment as to action; sagacity, discernment, or insight.
2. scholarly knowledge or learning: the wisdom of the schools.

bwaybabe3
#9re: Anika Noni Rose: Whats Next?!
Posted: 12/26/06 at 12:30pm

what did Rose win a tony for, again?

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#10re: Anika Noni Rose: Whats Next?!
Posted: 12/26/06 at 12:31pm

For being in a show that needed to be recognized with a Tony someplace, and Featured Actress is a little-cared about category, CAROLINE OR CHANGE.

Not that she wasn't good, I just felt she wasn't the best in her category that year.

Heybeenfood Profile Photo
Heybeenfood
#11re: Anika Noni Rose: Whats Next?!
Posted: 12/26/06 at 12:33pm

Rath beat me. Updated On: 12/26/06 at 12:33 PM

bwaybabe3
#12re: Anika Noni Rose: Whats Next?!
Posted: 12/26/06 at 12:34pm

thank you!

Jazzysuite82
#13re: Anika Noni Rose: Whats Next?!
Posted: 12/26/06 at 12:46pm

FYI Rath you missed the second source. ;

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source wis·dom (wĭz'dəm) Pronunciation Key
n.
The ability to discern or judge what is true, right, or lasting; insight.
Common sense; good judgment: "It is a characteristic of wisdom not to do desperate things" (Henry David Thoreau).

Updated On: 12/26/06 at 12:46 PM

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#14re: Anika Noni Rose: Whats Next?!
Posted: 12/26/06 at 1:03pm

Very interesting, jazzy!

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#15re: Anika Noni Rose: Whats Next?!
Posted: 12/26/06 at 1:12pm

She has a few films coming out.

Ourtime992 Profile Photo
Ourtime992
#16re: Anika Noni Rose: Whats Next?!
Posted: 12/26/06 at 1:14pm

Rose was wonderful in Caroline or Change, but the award should have been the non-nominated Ann Harada's.

RustyRocketteBoy
#17re: Anika Noni Rose: Whats Next?!
Posted: 12/26/06 at 1:26pm

what films is she in?

blueflame Profile Photo
blueflame
#18re: Anika Noni Rose: Whats Next?!
Posted: 12/26/06 at 2:29pm

That Ann Harada was not nominated was CRIMINAL.

"You can't just leave a meringue once you start it!"

Jazzysuite82
#19re: Anika Noni Rose: Whats Next?!
Posted: 12/26/06 at 2:39pm

Ann Harada winning? I don't know because I didn't see her performance. I CAN say that jennifer Westfeldt certainly did NOT deserve a nomination for her role. She barely got through the songs. Maybe Ann should have had her slot.

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#20re: Anika Noni Rose: Whats Next?!
Posted: 12/26/06 at 3:24pm

"She's rediculous suddenly".
*ridiculous

I admired her performance in Caroline and I believe she deserved her award. That would be magnificient if she was cast in Porgy & Bess.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#21re: Anika Noni Rose: Whats Next?!
Posted: 12/26/06 at 3:39pm

Upcoming film and tv work:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0741242/

joshy Profile Photo
joshy
#22re: Anika Noni Rose: Whats Next?!
Posted: 12/26/06 at 5:15pm

I saw the Porgy & Bess revival a few weeks ago, and I think she'd be really fabulous as Clara when it transfers to Broadway.

StageManager2 Profile Photo
StageManager2
#23re: Anika Noni Rose: Whats Next?!
Posted: 12/26/06 at 5:20pm

"Rath beat me."

Namo should get that printed on a T-shirt.

Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiae
Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra
Salve, Salve Regina
Ad te clamamus exsules filii Eva
Ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
O clemens O pia