pixeltracker

Spring Awakening Seating- Page 2

Spring Awakening Seating

JamesMacon Profile Photo
JamesMacon
#25re: Spring Awakening Seating
Posted: 1/18/07 at 3:47pm

Wow. I also just bought those seats: CC 1-7. Very excited!

JamesMacon Profile Photo
JamesMacon
#26re: Spring Awakening Seating
Posted: 3/3/07 at 6:01pm

bump...Does the cast face the stage seats (the sides) at all? And how are the people on stage "in the play?"

redfuzzycow
#27re: Spring Awakening Seating
Posted: 3/3/07 at 6:07pm

the cast actually sits down next to you in the stage seats. from what i hear, the view *is* partially blocked, as most of the action is near the front of the stage, so you'll be seeing a lot of backs, but the actors are all over the stage! literally! re: Spring Awakening Seating

PARISinNYC Profile Photo
PARISinNYC
#28re: Spring Awakening Seating
Posted: 3/4/07 at 12:28am

Question. I know you see backs in general from all the seats, but if you're in seat BB11, isn't that really upstage? Don't you literally ALWAYS see backs then? I ask because a lot of people have told me that those were the best seats and i'm a little confused because of how far back they are.

ws4lyfe2
#29re: Spring Awakening Seating
Posted: 3/7/07 at 1:02pm

i just bought seats AA 8 and 10...skylar sits next to 10 right?
Updated On: 3/7/07 at 01:02 PM

gymdudeva
#30re: Spring Awakening Seating
Posted: 3/7/07 at 2:38pm

James and Paris: You do see lots of backs and sides, and yes, the father upstage you are, the more backs you see. However, the way the show is blocked and choreographed, you are not seeing backs the whole time; it's not like they aer mostly downstage declaiming to the house...it's more frenetic and, like red says below, they are all over the stage.

wickedfan2 Profile Photo
wickedfan2
#31re: Spring Awakening Seating
Posted: 3/7/07 at 3:37pm

. Updated On: 3/7/07 at 03:37 PM

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#32re: Spring Awakening Seating
Posted: 4/28/07 at 3:34pm

I've got a friend who sat on stage and loved it. She loved the show and I generally trust her recommendations. But... From other conversations I've heard it's a love it or hate it show ~ very few people seem to be neutral on it. So... I'm thinking I'll just try rush first time...I'd hate to have on stage and be in the "hate it" crowd...that could be awkward. Thoughts?

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#33re: Spring Awakening Seating
Posted: 4/28/07 at 3:42pm

What would be cool would be if we could have a thread (or this thread!) as the definitive stage seating guide. Everyone who had onstage seating could review their seat and let people know what they thought.

BB12 reporting for duty.

NOISE
It's fairly near the back, so there's a lot more band noise (and stomping noise) than singing noise, but I had the cast recording beforehand so I knew what they were singing.

FACES
Very few faces on display. I wasn't expecting to see any, so I was okay. When you could see 'em though, it was nice to see 'em from so close. Also I did get a phenomenal view of Mr. Groff's butt. If that's important to anyone.

SAT NEXT TO
In order: Jonathan Gallagher Jr, Remy Zaken, Gideon Glick, Lauren Pritchard. Also sat behind Robert Hager (I believe). And I didn't get spit on by Jonathan Groff, but he did sweat on me when he was climbing up the bars next to me at one point. LOVEly. XD

ISSUES
The dude in front of me was totally blocking the focal point of the 'Left Behind' scene. That was it. Other than that, I loooooved my seat.

OVERALL
I LOVED MY SEAT. ^_^ If seeing people's faces is your most important thing, avoid BB12. If not, you could do a LOT worse. ^_^

Maggie_May
#34re: Spring Awakening Seating
Posted: 4/28/07 at 5:37pm

I was just wondering if anyone knew if the seats in row A center in orchestra are regular $111 or would they be considered Premium Seating which are more expensive?

Elphie4ever Profile Photo
Elphie4ever
#35re: Spring Awakening Seating
Posted: 4/28/07 at 6:21pm

how are the seats for the student rush?
is it marked partial view?

antiandrewx Profile Photo
antiandrewx
#36re: Spring Awakening Seating
Posted: 4/28/07 at 6:32pm

Yes, most are marked partial view. They really aren't too partial view though, because most of the action happens in the center. You do miss the upper corners (depending which side you're on) but nothing else. I prefer sitting on the right side, so I always advise to request that.

Elphie4ever Profile Photo
Elphie4ever
#37re: Spring Awakening Seating
Posted: 4/28/07 at 6:41pm

orchestra seats right

antiandrewx Profile Photo
antiandrewx
#38re: Spring Awakening Seating
Posted: 4/28/07 at 6:43pm

Orchestra and boxes typically. Once I've gotten seats in the mezz.

ken8631 Profile Photo
ken8631
#39re: Spring Awakening Seating
Posted: 7/19/07 at 4:27pm

Couldn't find any available. Do they pop up from time-to-time?

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#40re: Spring Awakening Seating
Posted: 8/27/07 at 3:06pm

A few questions:

Does it get really hot onstage? I imagine it would...

And also, does anyone know the basic outline of that sheet they give you? I'm going with my friend and she has it at her house so I haven't been able to read the rules and regulations of onstage seating...can someone give the rules to me in a nutshell?

I know you can't wear cologne or perfume, you get lockers to put your stuff in, you get your Playbill at the end of the show, and that's about all I remember from the list...

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#41re: Spring Awakening Seating
Posted: 8/27/07 at 3:13pm

re: Spring Awakening Seating

Nevermind the latter question...I found the list on google.

gymdudeva
#42re: Spring Awakening Seating
Posted: 8/27/07 at 3:40pm

Wow I have never seen that sheet...either it's pretty new, or they don't send it with e-tickets. The ushers go through all the rules before the show anyway.

It doesn't get as hot on stage as you'd think. Still, in cold weather it might be good to layer...you can stick more stuff in the locker at intermission.

I don't think perfume, etc. is forbidden, but some of the cast are sensitive, and since they sit right next to you, it can be a problem. The usher told me that a couple of times an actor has asked that someone be moved. (!)