pixeltracker

Who is going to see Cheno at the Met??? ;)

Who is going to see Cheno at the Met??? ;)

onlylisab Profile Photo
onlylisab
#1Who is going to see Cheno at the Met??? ;)
Posted: 1/16/07 at 2:39pm

Hi! I'm so excited to see Kristin at the Met this weekend. Our seats are in the back of the Family Circle, but I don't mind. I saw her from the first row in Cincinnati the week before she took that show to Carnegie Hall.

Anyways, I know a lot of high profile people are going to be there. What are the chances of seeing/meeting these folks? (Ex. Rosie O'Donnell said she would be there). Do you think Cheno will do any meet and greet with non-famous people? Stage door?

(BTW, I searched to see if there is a similar thread with no luck. Please post the link if there is. Thanks.)

"First up was Max who sang "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?" [...] I haven't seen that big of a reaction to a stair descent since Audra left the attic in Ragtime." --Seth Rudetsky

Benzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
#2re: Who is going to see Cheno at the Met??? ;)
Posted: 1/16/07 at 2:48pm

i'll be there center orchestra :)

onlylisab Profile Photo
onlylisab
#2re: Who is going to see Cheno at the Met??? ;)
Posted: 1/16/07 at 2:50pm

Amazing! :)

We decided to go just last week. I'm coming from Ohio! It should be a GREAT night!

"First up was Max who sang "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?" [...] I haven't seen that big of a reaction to a stair descent since Audra left the attic in Ragtime." --Seth Rudetsky

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#3re: Who is going to see Cheno at the Met??? ;)
Posted: 1/16/07 at 3:00pm

I wanted to, but I decided to go see Kathy Griffin at Carnegie Hall instead.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

onlylisab Profile Photo
onlylisab
#4re: Who is going to see Cheno at the Met??? ;)
Posted: 1/18/07 at 10:41am

Does anyone have any input on my original question regarding meeting her?

Mooo
#5re: Who is going to see Cheno at the Met??? ;)
Posted: 1/18/07 at 10:44am

You can take your chances at the stage door. 150 W. 65th St.

I blame George Bush for all of this.......

keen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
#6re: Who is going to see Cheno at the Met??? ;)
Posted: 1/18/07 at 11:17am

See the thread about stage dooring at the MET. You might want to send her a nice note in advance and ask to be put on the "list" but it sounds like it may be too late to do that. The stage door is underground, by the way -

KillsTwiceADay Profile Photo
KillsTwiceADay
#7re: Who is going to see Cheno at the Met??? ;)
Posted: 1/18/07 at 11:44am

Obviously, I can't know for sure, but I bet she will do the stage door thing. From what I've heard she usually does.

onlylisab Profile Photo
onlylisab
#8re: Who is going to see Cheno at the Met??? ;)
Posted: 1/18/07 at 12:49pm

Thanks everyone for your help. I am SO EXCITED! I wonder what new songs she'll sing.

Mooo
#9re: Who is going to see Cheno at the Met??? ;)
Posted: 1/18/07 at 3:01pm

I won't spoil the show but I will say there are 19 songs including 2 from Wicked. Enjoy!

I blame George Bush for all of this.......

John3 Profile Photo
John3
#10re: Who is going to see Cheno at the Met??? ;)
Posted: 1/18/07 at 4:29pm

I really wish I could go, but I think it is too late to get a ticket. I might go run down there and check, but I doubt they will have stuff left

wickedobsessed Profile Photo
wickedobsessed
#11re: Who is going to see Cheno at the Met??? ;)
Posted: 1/18/07 at 4:34pm

I'll be there! So very very VERY excited!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sab6888 Profile Photo
Sab6888
#12re: Who is going to see Cheno at the Met??? ;)
Posted: 1/18/07 at 4:39pm

Can't wait even though I'll be all the way up top :)

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#13re: Who is going to see Cheno at the Met??? ;)
Posted: 1/18/07 at 4:39pm

I may do standing room tomorrow...

broadwaybaby086
#14re: Who is going to see Cheno at the Met??? ;)
Posted: 1/18/07 at 4:42pm

For standing room, do you just show up 2 hours before hand and it's a first-come first-serve thing? I've only done student tix for events at the Met, and would love to go to this one, since I was too late with the ticket-buying.

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#15re: Who is going to see Cheno at the Met??? ;)
Posted: 1/18/07 at 4:44pm

Standing room goes on sale at 10AM.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

broadwaybaby086
#16re: Who is going to see Cheno at the Met??? ;)
Posted: 1/18/07 at 4:45pm

Thanks so much! I'll be there!

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

KillsTwiceADay Profile Photo
KillsTwiceADay
#17re: Who is going to see Cheno at the Met??? ;)
Posted: 1/18/07 at 5:29pm

There's supposed to be some sort of "special guest" as well. I'm veerrry curious as to who it is.

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#18re: Who is going to see Cheno at the Met??? ;)
Posted: 1/18/07 at 6:04pm

It seems a few people here are much more excited about her singing "Popular" than "Glitter and be Gay."

jo
#19re: Who is going to see Cheno at the Met??? ;)
Posted: 1/19/07 at 8:44am

Re the special guest --

When she was interviewed in the December 2006 issue of VOGUE, Kristin said she hoped that Hugh Jackman could appear with her in a special vaudeville number " Catch Our Act At The Met".

However, since nothing has been announced and Hugh seems to be pretty busy these days ( he was filming in Madrid with Ewan McGregor the other week...or maybe busy with the CBS musical pilot show which he is producting or doing a cameo in), that will most likely not happen.

Maybe it's another Broadway personality who will be her special guest?

Steve2 Profile Photo
Steve2
#20re: Who is going to see Cheno at the Met??? ;)
Posted: 1/19/07 at 8:56am

Well, when I saw her last year in LA, there was someone handing out VIP passes to meet Kristin after the show. Unfortunatly they were given to Joel Grey, Ron Rifkin, Jimmy Smits, Hugh Jackman, Carol Burnett, and others I didn't recognize.
I believe that she went to the stage door after meeting the VIPs, according to the posts here.

Fan2
#21re: Who is going to see Cheno at the Met??? ;)
Posted: 1/19/07 at 9:26am

Jo - I'm pretty sure Hugh is back in NYC - someone spotted him this week. So I guess he could make an appearance at her show.

jo
#22re: Who is going to see Cheno at the Met??? ;)
Posted: 1/19/07 at 9:54am

If so, the audience will be in for a delightful surprise -LOL!

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#23re: Who is going to see Cheno at the Met??? ;)
Posted: 1/19/07 at 10:42am

I'm going tonight! Woke up early and got a standing room ticket at the Met box office. Looking forward to seeing Kristin's Met debut (and I'm seeing The Apple Tree for the second time tomorrow night). A double dose of Chenoweth this weekend!

broadwaybaby086
#24re: Who is going to see Cheno at the Met??? ;)
Posted: 1/19/07 at 11:38am

I, too, was in the standing room line this morning, standing near a charming family of tourists. hehe. I am excited; I'll probably see you there, WAT! Not that I know what you look like. :o)