News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Adam in Cabaret?

SpringAwakeningLove Profile Photo
SpringAwakeningLove
#1Adam in Cabaret?
Posted: 2/2/07 at 7:19pm

Does anyone have any pictures of Adam Pascal in Cabaret?

SuzyQzy Profile Photo
SuzyQzy
#2re: Adam in Cabaret?
Posted: 2/2/07 at 7:23pm

www.playbill.com/news/article/83594.html

or try google images

Know the Truth: www.wm3.org Until the West Memphis Three are free, none of us are free. -Margaret Cho I would imagine if you understood Morse Code, a tap dancer would drive you crazy

Ariella Profile Photo
Ariella
#2re: Adam in Cabaret?
Posted: 2/2/07 at 7:45pm

There are a few on adam-pascal.com. Other than his publicity shot and a few from closing night, the photo coverage was not extensive.

americanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
#3re: Adam in Cabaret?
Posted: 2/2/07 at 8:01pm

Since we now have a thread, let's discuss his performance and throughts on him as the Emcee.

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#4re: Adam in Cabaret?
Posted: 2/2/07 at 8:07pm

never got to see it. I wish I had, but didn't.

BroadwayBoobs: I'll give all of you who weren't there a hint of who took the pictures ...it rhymes with shameless

SOMMS: I knew it was Tink!

mattonstage Profile Photo
mattonstage
#5re: Adam in Cabaret?
Posted: 2/2/07 at 8:12pm

I was at a table right next to the stage. I thought he did an ok job. I think this was my last time seeing it. Of the emcees I saw he was somewhere in the middle as far as my opinion of them. Neil Patrick Harris was my favorite. I never saw Alan Cumming. Adam didn't throw himself into the role as much as I like. He was kind of reserved.

I killed the boss, you don't think they're gonna fire me over a thing like that!!!!

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#6re: Adam in Cabaret?
Posted: 2/2/07 at 8:14pm

NPH??? I never knew he played the Emcee! That would have been interesting to see.

BroadwayBoobs: I'll give all of you who weren't there a hint of who took the pictures ...it rhymes with shameless

SOMMS: I knew it was Tink!

chrrymn
#7re: Adam in Cabaret?
Posted: 2/2/07 at 8:36pm

Neil Patrick Harris is also my favorite Emcee.
John Stamos is my least favorite. re: Adam in Cabaret?

::Sarah::
"Mrs. Lovett, how I did without you all these years I'll never know!"

mattonstage Profile Photo
mattonstage
#8re: Adam in Cabaret?
Posted: 2/2/07 at 9:23pm

My problem with John Stamos wasn't neccesarily his performance, which was okay, but the audience. They came to see Blackie from GH or Uncle Jesse from Full House. It ruined a lot of powerful moments in the show because of the squealing ladies, squealing at him showing his butt at the end of act one, laughing at him wearing a dress. It was awful.

I killed the boss, you don't think they're gonna fire me over a thing like that!!!!

americanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
#9re: Adam in Cabaret?
Posted: 2/2/07 at 9:29pm

Can we change the thread title to ADAM PASCAL IN CABARET?

BroomstickBoy Profile Photo
BroomstickBoy
#10re: Adam in Cabaret?
Posted: 2/2/07 at 9:41pm

You know, I just noticed in one of the closing night photos, it's kinda weird to see the cast in make up in a real light rather than the spotlight's pale, eerie glow.

I don't WANT to live in what they call "a certain way." In the first place I'd be no good at it and besides that I don't want to be identified with any one class of people. I want to live every whichway, among all kinds---and know them---and understand them---and love them---THAT's what I want! - Philip Barry (Holiday)

mallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
#11re: Adam in Cabaret?
Posted: 2/3/07 at 12:20pm

I saw him in the role and he was just fine apart from the fact that his voice was almost too strong for the character. A lot of people STILL think this guy is not an actor - he is, and he proved it (at least to me) in Cabaret.

Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#12re: Adam in Cabaret?
Posted: 2/3/07 at 12:30pm

Adam's press shot:

re: Adam in Cabaret?

NPH:

re: Adam in Cabaret?

I saw Adam twice, after seeing Jon Secada once. Secada was dreadful, but I loved Adam (yes, bias noted). Years later, in retrospect, I suppose Adam was not quite the revelation I thought him at the time, but I still do think he was wonderful, especially for someone who had never stepped outside of his comfort zone on stage like that before, and given only half the normal rehearsal time. I had so much fun watching him on stage because it was so apparent that he was loving playing the role. I found him captivating, and it's still one of my favorite theater experiences. I miss the whole production an awful lot, too.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 2/3/07 at 12:30 PM

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#13re: Adam in Cabaret?
Posted: 2/3/07 at 1:03pm

I saw Adam as well, after having only seen NPH. They were both fantastic. I, too, miss the production. It was so distinct. I am glad that it had such a long, healthy run though.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#14re: Adam in Cabaret?
Posted: 2/3/07 at 1:11pm

I was watching the video clips on the website for the French production this morning. It looks beautiful, and that made me miss it even more. I wish I had caught on earlier (or that my parents hadn't played the "you're too young" card, really) so I could've had the chance to see more takes on the Emcee.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

musicaltheater1 Profile Photo
musicaltheater1
#15re: Adam in Cabaret?
Posted: 2/3/07 at 2:49pm

Neil Patrick Harris was amazing in Cabaret. He and Alan are my top favorite Emcees. The first tour Emcee was also very good. Alan is raunchier, more flamboyant, and mysterious in a scary way which made him a top contender. Also a good actor, Neil was vocally phenomenal with more quality tone compared to Alan's. His style is quite different, less raunchier but still good.

"I love acting. It is so much more real than life." Oscar Wilde
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Huxley

Videos