pixeltracker

Spring Awakening on Letterman....Nervous Much??- Page 3

Spring Awakening on Letterman....Nervous Much??

stagegrrrl
#50re: Spring Awakening on Letterman....Nervous Much??
Posted: 2/22/07 at 8:29pm

could someone message me or something? i am clueless. what is the site that cannot be named?

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#52re: Spring Awakening on Letterman....Nervous Much??
Posted: 2/22/07 at 8:58pm

I gotta ask--how did they get *three* standing ovations?

Anyway I thought it was a great performance--I agree some lines (kahkis) were really *pushed* (I felt like he was worried people wouldn't hear his enunciation...) but...

When was the last time Letterman had a performance from a stage show? Every so often but it always catches me by surprise (aww for the days of the Rosie show)

iluvtheatertrash
#53re: Spring Awakening on Letterman....Nervous Much??
Posted: 2/22/07 at 9:03pm

Am I the only person in the world extremely underwhelmed by Jon Groff? I feel like a nut, but everytime I watch him perform, it goes right through me.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

picturetaker9211 Profile Photo
picturetaker9211
#54re: Spring Awakening on Letterman....Nervous Much??
Posted: 2/22/07 at 9:04pm

I just saw the Letterman clip on the forbidden site. The quality of the video itself was ok, but you could tell that some of their notes were off & sometimes shouting the lyrics. I wish Letterman didn't say that they were the "cast of Spring Awakening" since it wasn't the whole cast. I'm so nit-picky re: Spring Awakening on Letterman....Nervous Much??

It wasn't too bad. Great publicity though re: Spring Awakening on Letterman....Nervous Much??

"Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, take the moment & making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity."
-Gilda Radner

Lauren_T
#55re: Spring Awakening on Letterman....Nervous Much??
Posted: 2/22/07 at 9:11pm

I hear you about Groff. I think he is really great, but not to the level Rosie thinks he is great. He is just a good performer. I love his voice tho.

caitlinette Profile Photo
caitlinette
#56re: Spring Awakening on Letterman....Nervous Much??
Posted: 2/22/07 at 9:25pm

I'd like to hear Groff really SING. I don't know what it is about SA -- maybe they were told to sing a certain way -- but it seems like a lot of notes are sung really straight (the guys), or with all kinds of annoying little riffs (the girls). Sorry, I don't know any technical singing terms!

Becoz_i_knew_you21
#57re: Spring Awakening on Letterman....Nervous Much??
Posted: 2/22/07 at 9:29pm

O.T. whenever I hear word riff I immediately think of Shoshana Bean and I think her riffing isn't very pleasant.

brainpolice23
#58re: Spring Awakening on Letterman....Nervous Much??
Posted: 2/22/07 at 9:33pm

jon groff is just a nice guy. i guess that's what the director's wanted. letterman also incorrectly stated that this story takes place in 1830's Germany.

gymdudeva
#59re: Spring Awakening on Letterman....Nervous Much??
Posted: 2/22/07 at 9:39pm

Eric Montreal, I think the 3 ovations were at the actual show later that night, not at Letterman.

BSoBW2
#60re: Spring Awakening on Letterman....Nervous Much??
Posted: 2/22/07 at 10:24pm

Rosie likes the kid shows. Which is good, because those seem to be the easiest to promote.

Though of course saying everyone in the cast is under 24 discredits the adult performers...so is that the game? They can be in the show until they reach 24?

Cool!

rocker05
#61re: Spring Awakening on Letterman....Nervous Much??
Posted: 2/22/07 at 10:24pm

Yeah that's what I meant to say. The actual performance of the show last night got 3 standing ovations. Rosie started the first one and the audience just wouldn't stop, they should have come out for a fourth! The audience was really pumped last night!

gman07 Profile Photo
gman07
#62re: Spring Awakening on Letterman....Nervous Much??
Posted: 2/23/07 at 6:54am

I just read in their myspace blog that their mics fed directly into the sound board and that it was difficult to hear them sitting in the audience. Maybe it was difficult for the guys to hear themselves as well. This could explain why their vocal harmonies were off at times. Well actually a combination of that and nerves and different space ect. ect. I don't see how anyone could deliver great vocals with all that jumping around. It must really take your breath away.

redfuzzycow
#63re: Spring Awakening on Letterman....Nervous Much??
Posted: 2/23/07 at 9:08am

yes, i agree, they were REALLY REALLY nervous (especially glick) but at least we were spared the huge clouds of spit from JG's mouth. hah!
also, weren't JG and JGJ's hair extremely gelled? like, to the max?

#64re: Spring Awakening on Letterman....Nervous Much??
Posted: 2/23/07 at 9:29am

Go to the CBS website to watch the performance not Youtube. The quality on Youtube can suck depending upon the source.

http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/show_info/pants/#

Halfway down on the left hand side is the video clip for
"The Bitch of Living."

I have never seen SA but I see it for the first time on Monday night (from the 4th row) and I am so excited I could gag.

I have no idea which John/Jon (?) is which (Melchior or Moritz) but I am sure I will figure it out.

Anyway, have a great day, guys.

Updated On: 2/23/07 at 09:29 AM

Becoz_i_knew_you21
#65re: Spring Awakening on Letterman....Nervous Much??
Posted: 2/23/07 at 9:53am

Jon is Jonathan Groff

John is John Gallagher

BSoBW2
#66re: Spring Awakening on Letterman....Nervous Much??
Posted: 2/23/07 at 10:35am

Hair up is Moritz, John Gallagher, Jr.
Hair down is Melchior, Jonathan Groff.

Spacedog78 Profile Photo
Spacedog78
#67re: Spring Awakening on Letterman....Nervous Much??
Posted: 2/23/07 at 11:16am

I HATE GIDEON GLICK! I hate is singing, I hate his acting oh god!!! For one thing during the show, I was sitting like 4th row and could not understand a word he was saying or singing! And that horrible speaking voice on the soundtrack! ugh! how did he get in this show!

My Strongest Suit Profile Photo
My Strongest Suit
#68re: Spring Awakening on Letterman....Nervous Much??
Posted: 2/23/07 at 2:40pm

i'm glad i'm not the only one who thought they were off. i stayed up late to watch it when i had an early class the next morning and i was very disappointed. re: Spring Awakening on Letterman....Nervous Much??

LET OTHERS RISE TO TAKE OUR PLACE UNTIL THE EARTH IS FREE!

Mouses Magic
#69re: Spring Awakening on Letterman....Nervous Much??
Posted: 2/23/07 at 4:34pm

Yeah this performance does not make me want to see the show at all. Looks forced.

gymdudeva
#70re: Spring Awakening on Letterman....Nervous Much??
Posted: 2/23/07 at 5:00pm

I LOVE AS, but if I hadn't already seen it, this appearance would have done nothing for me. Interestingly, that video that they did of the same song (with basically the same staging) really got me excited to see it.

I even thought that The View appearance was sorty of flat and forced...again, if I didn't already love the show, I don't think it would hve grabbed me.

I guess TV is a different medium.

dramaqueen2 Profile Photo
dramaqueen2
#71re: Spring Awakening on Letterman....Nervous Much??
Posted: 2/23/07 at 5:34pm

i missed it because i was out of townnnnn!

is there a link?

hear my song; it was made for the time when you don't know where to go, listen to the song that i sing, you'll be fine..

antiandrewx Profile Photo
antiandrewx
#72re: Spring Awakening on Letterman....Nervous Much??
Posted: 2/23/07 at 5:37pm

Search on Youtube for it. Or go to the SA myspace, the videos are in the latest blog.

dramaqueen2 Profile Photo
dramaqueen2
#73re: Spring Awakening on Letterman....Nervous Much??
Posted: 2/23/07 at 6:04pm

yah alright, i just watched it, and i'm the first person to give praise and love, but definitely not their best performance.
though the energy was great, as always.
and i think johnny g. is always up to par, he always impresses me.

i think the cast sounded better on the view, even though they couldn't do the choreography for it... but i guess that is for a different thread.

hear my song; it was made for the time when you don't know where to go, listen to the song that i sing, you'll be fine..

colored by esteem Profile Photo
colored by esteem
#74re: Spring Awakening on Letterman....Nervous Much??
Posted: 2/23/07 at 6:54pm

Don't sing to the camera.