pixeltracker

Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!- Page 3

Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#50re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 12:34pm

I am not the biggest Mel Brooks fan but the man knows how to cast his shows...this makes me want to see it SO bad.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#51re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 12:40pm

Esparza was supposedly one of Stroman's first choices for the role, but he would've had to leave Company very shortly after the Tonys and turned it down, I believe. I can't remember the exact details of what else I heard, so I don't want to post more than that because I'm wary of accidentally mixing things up and putting forth wrong information, but they're not really important anyway.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 3/9/07 at 12:40 PM

beyondblessed Profile Photo
beyondblessed
#52re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 12:42pm

ALL I CAN SAY IS YESSSSSSSS!!!!

this is going to be such a freaking hot ticket. Even if the show sucks. I shall be among the first to see.

(Does a backflip)

Yeah, Yeah, Yeppers.

Going to a musical late in its run is like going to a prostitute late in her shift.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#53re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 12:58pm

Yay Sutton!

Yay Megan!

YAY!

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

sing_dance_love Profile Photo
sing_dance_love
#54re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 1:03pm

Lets just say I'm thrilled.

So happy to welcome Megan back to Broadway.

And as far as Sutton, I hope she keeps originating role after role because she is beyond talented.

However, I'd love to see Brian cast, I hope they're still considering him

"...and in a bed."

RentBoy86
#56re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 1:06pm

I'm just glad Sutton is making smart choices. She doesn't pick "crap" projects to work on. Drowsy is a good original musical. Young Frankenstein is going to be hilarious. I'm just glad she's being smart with her career choices, and maybe she has no desire to do television or film. I can't blame her. I think they're horribly boring compared to live theater.

MovieGuy1031 Profile Photo
MovieGuy1031
#57re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 1:06pm

Good God. This is the absolute best news i've heard in weeks.

EGADS this show is going to be amazing... especially if its try out is in Chicago!!!

Sutton... Megan... on the same stage... MY GOD! I'll be the first to shell out the $250 for a premium ticket, thats for DAMN sure!

"The nice thing about the rain is that it always stops... eventually."

- Eeyore

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#58re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 1:10pm

The article says the try-ouy is in Seattle.
Sorry MovieGuy.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#59re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 1:15pm

FOAnatic, Sutton Foster was offered a sitcom deal after she won her Tony for MILLIE. One of those "we'll build a sitcom around you" things. She turned it down because she wanted to stick with Broadway. The only TV/movies she has done has been Johnny & The Sprites, and co-hosting the Broadway preview news show last year. It's one of the reasons I have so much respect for her. She doesn't give in to the money and bullsh*t of Hollywood. She is a committed musical theatre actress because it's what she loves.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 3/9/07 at 01:15 PM

LuPonatic Profile Photo
LuPonatic
#60re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 1:24pm

Oh, I am so excited about this show! Megan Mullally and Sutton Foster in a show...GENIUS!! It's too bad about Raul turning the role down, he seems like a perfect choice. After seeing him in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang I think he would be perfect in a role originated by Gene Wilder!

A Little side note, but I bet Roger Bart will not do it, Kelsey Grammer has had very good Sitcom luck in the past, and I am already planning to tune in if he has a new show, especially if Roger Bart is in it! I don't like Kristin C as well on my television screen, she comes across better on Broadway. She's too "larger than life." man, wouldn't it be fun to have "Jack" from Will and Grace as Igor...very fun! maybe he and Megan could host the Tonys next year, too!!

RentBoy86
#61re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 1:25pm

Agreed. And I think she's a geunie theater star. Her voice and talents would go to waste on a sitcom. And damn, why must it be in Seattle! If it were in Chicago, I could go see it!

Hank
#62re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 1:27pm

re: "Megan and Sutton in one show...I must be dreaming".
My thoughts exactly.
I wouldn't lose any respect for Sutton if she did a sit-com, or maybe a movie. She's a great comedic actress, and she deserves more national recognition, like Megan.

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#63re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 1:27pm

What a cast! re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein! I hope it's as good as it appears on paper re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

Wanna Be A Foster
#64re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 1:28pm

I think one Will & Grace cast member per Broadway show is enough. And Megan is the one with the most musical theatre talent. McCormack would be bland as all hell as Dr. Frankenstein. I don't know why Brooks doesn't offer the role to Hunter Foster. He's proven himself a full triple threat musical comedy performer in THE PRODUCERS. He would be perfect.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
Updated On: 3/9/07 at 01:28 PM

robbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
#65re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 1:30pm

'I don't know why Brooks doesn't offer the role to Hunter Foster.'

Because incest doesn't scream 'MUSICAL COMEDY'!

"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."

MovieGuy1031
#66re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 1:31pm

SON OF A BITCH! Which article says that?! Every other one i've read today says " the tryout is to be confirmed at a later date"

BAH!!!

Oh well, i'm going back to NYC in November. I'll just hit me up some YF and LM in one sweep.

...Hopefully November won't be too late in YF's run where Sutton won't come out the stage door...

*edit*
I found it. The NYPOST article says Seattle...
*sadness*

- Eeyore
Updated On: 3/9/07 at 01:31 PM

Wanna Be A Foster
#67re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 1:31pm

re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!

-Kad

MovieGuy1031
#68re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 1:34pm

Hahahaha. The Fosters making out.

...*awkward*

- Eeyore

Yankeefan007
#69re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 2:02pm

Hunter Foster's name doesn't sell tickets.

BroadwayAbridged Profile Photo
BroadwayAbridged
#70re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 3:02pm

"I'm just glad Sutton is making smart choices. She doesn't pick "crap" projects to work on."

Did you see Little Women?

- Gil http://www.broadwayabridged.com

allvocal Profile Photo
allvocal
#71re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 3:06pm

I know Christopher Sieber was just seen for the part..but he didn't think it went very well. I'm glad Sutton is doing YF but sad she won't be available for SHREK now.. hopefully Christopher will be.. they were both great in it.

Julian2
#72re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 3:16pm

Admittedly, I didn't see it, but I wouldn't call Little Women a "crap" project.

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!

SamIAm Profile Photo
SamIAm
#73re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 3:19pm

Remember that no contracts have been signed yet and that casting announcements have abounded in the past month...and that this is in Riedel's column which is not an official announcement. Before you get too excited, you might want to wait for the official casting announcements.

"Life is a lesson in humility"

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#74re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 3:22pm

Suttonis so lucky/talented/smart to be originating all these roles on Broadway. Years from now, she'll be the one newcomers will be compared to when they're recreating her roles.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson