pixeltracker

Thrilling Stage Door Experiences...- Page 3

Thrilling Stage Door Experiences...

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#50re: Thrilling Stage Door Experiences...
Posted: 3/18/07 at 1:33pm

April Saul, glad to hear that Vanessa Redgrave is doing the stage door thing. How long did it take for her to come out, and how many people were waiting?

Yankeefan, what's the connection between Al Pacino and Wicked? Is it just that he knew someone on their team?

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

RockabyeHamlet
#51re: Thrilling Stage Door Experiences...
Posted: 3/18/07 at 1:39pm

Talking with Michael Cerveris for like 20 minutes after King Lear. Amazing expirience.

"I wouldn't let Esparza's Bobby take my kids to the zoo...I'd be afraid he'd steal their ice cream and laugh."- YankeeFan
"People who like Sondheim enjoy cruelty."-LuvtheEmcee

MrsVampyre
#52re: Thrilling Stage Door Experiences...
Posted: 3/18/07 at 3:18pm

I had two great experiences with tywo of my favorite stage actors.

After I saw The Odd Couple,and Matthew Broderick came out to sign, we starting chatting as he signed my poster, and stayed a little longer to continue talking, and he told me how nice he thought I was. Which meant a lot to me!

When I went to see Butley, Nathan Lane, getting and signing a script for me. He was very shy, nice and a true gentleman.

Miss.Vanessi
#53re: Thrilling Stage Door Experiences...
Posted: 3/18/07 at 3:50pm

This was actually my first stage door experience, and I couldn't have asked for anything more or dreamed of anything like it happening. Two weeks ago, my friend (neelyohara on the boards) and I went to see Grey Gardens. It was basically our dream come true just to see the show, and there had been all kinds of strange/hilarious/slightly ridiculous things going on leading up to the trip. Well, I had been documenting it on youtube, and one of the videos was of us watching the Little Edie Dances videos. I'll get back to that in a second.
So we're stading outside in the FREEZING COLD and the door opens, and Bob Stillman says, "Any brave souls out tonight?" and I said, "Two of them!" He came out and we told him how much we enjoyed his performance, and he was on his way. I can't blame him for not standing around because it was like -5 degrees or something. Pretty soon, the door opens again and the stagedoor guy tells us we can come in and have a seat on the staircase. We're pretty much jazzed because we're not freezing anymore, and Michael Potts goes by and we tell him that we loved him. The rest is a little cloudy, mainly because I was kind of in shock, but I'll try to get it all chronologically. A girl poked her head around the corner and said, "I know who you are! And she will, too!" CHRISTINE KNEW US FROM YOUTUBE. She'd seen the video of us, in our pajamas looking a hot mess while laughing and singing along to the Little Edie Dances videos. Cue us freaking out. Then, and this image is pretty much burned into my memory for all time, Christine comes around the corner and says, "Oh my God, you're here!" and my friend, who had been stuck in this state of "holy-crap-what-do-i-do" for a few moments goes, "OH MY GOD, YOU'RE HERE!" We chatted for a minute, then she says to us, like this is something we hear every day, "Oh girls, this is Scott Frankel," and HELLO, WE'RE DEAD AGAIN. All I could work out was, "Uhhh, thank you so much!" while shaking his hand. It was totally surreal to me. He asked Christine if she'd gotten any free shoes at the Bloomingdale's event the night before, and sadly, she did not. re: Thrilling Stage Door Experiences... She saw our playbills in our hands, and said, "Do you want me to sign?" and I know we were both thinking something along the lines of, "Our lives? Souls? Faces?" She said, "I'm going to put 'love your videos' on both of them, is that OK?" I was thinking, "Um, you could draw a happy face on there and it'd be fine." My friend had her camera in her hand and said, "Would you mind-" and Christine sort of cuts her off and goes, "get a picture?! OF COURSE! Are you gonna post it?!"
YES. THEY WILL BE POSTED EVERYWHERE. Perhaps even on our foreheads.
After the pictures, she gave us both hugs, and she was on her way. Oh, but wait, there's more. Then we got to go ON THE STAGE. DEAD AGAIN. We were both really jazzed about being able to touch the coat and the white shoes, haha. It was all just... unbelievably awesome.

It's like writing "Norma Shearer for the win!" in a Joan Crawford biography.

javertjunky Profile Photo
javertjunky
#54re: Thrilling Stage Door Experiences...
Posted: 3/18/07 at 3:59pm

Singing "Happy Birthday" to Daphne Rubin-Vega outside the Les Miz stagedoor on her birthday. She absolutely loved it. Not to mention it was in 3-part harmony. A video of it is in my profile, check it out!

"Men like me can never change, Men like you can never change. No, 24601. My duty's to the law - you have no Rights. Come with me 24601. Now the wheel has turned around, Jean Valjean is nothing now. Dare you talk to me of crime, And the price you had to pay. Every man is born in sin. Every man must choose his way. You know nothing of Javert. I was born inside a jail, I was born with s like you, I am from the gutter too!" ~Javert

BDavis0092
#55re: Thrilling Stage Door Experiences...
Posted: 3/18/07 at 4:15pm

I talked with Sean Allan Krill for about 20 minutes after the Mamma Mia tour's last day in Atlanta. He was extremely nice.

www.youtube.com/BwayNY225

otis33 Profile Photo
otis33
#56re: Thrilling Stage Door Experiences...
Posted: 3/18/07 at 4:19pm

Flashback to 1990. I did standing room for "Aspects of Love" probably 9 or 10 times, but never had the nerve to try and meet Michael Ball - who I idolized, at the time. Finally, one day I wrote him a note, took it to the stage door, and the doorman told me to come back after the show and he'd introduce me. I did, he did, Michael was very nice. I was completely starstruck and couldn't get any words out. The ones that did come out didn't make very much sense. Embarrassing more than thrilling.

Annie3 Profile Photo
Annie3
#57re: Thrilling Stage Door Experiences...
Posted: 3/18/07 at 4:31pm

I just wanted to say that Miss.Vanessi- your story made me smile/laugh. LOVE it! :)

~Annie~

dramaqueen2 Profile Photo
dramaqueen2
#58re: Thrilling Stage Door Experiences...
Posted: 3/18/07 at 4:52pm

i've got another one, it doesn't top by story from the first page buuttt..

after i saw spring awakening for the first time, i waited outside for like an hour making sure i saw everyone [reason #508231085 why i love the cast, the all always come out! ]
and johnny gallagher was towards the end, and [first let me tell you he is one of my favorite actors, probably tied with hugh jackman at number one.. ahha anyway..] when he came outside, i started to like.. die a little. and he said like "wow it is freezing out here, you are dedicated" and i was like, that's because i love you haha. and he got to me and i jus like speechless [and that is a big deal for anyone who knows me] and then i just started to gush and then i was telling him about how i loved him in rabbithole and how i was rooting for him for the tony and he ended up talking to me for a good 15 minutes at least. it was wonderful. he was the sweetest guy ever. and it was like 17 degrees out and when i went to hand him my sharpie, i like dropped it because i couldn't feel it anymore, and when he saw that my hands were like purple, he was like "oh my gosh, you're purple.. do you want my gloves?" HE OFFERED ME HIS GLOVES. nicest guy ever, he is so humble and sweet. i wish him the best, always.
and when i got a picture, it was a bad one.. so i was like.. uhm do you think i could have another one, that one wasn't very good.. and he goes "oh, sure! a perfectionist, huh? you would do great in theatre" and i was like.. "omg that is the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me" and he like died laughing. [sidenote: i am in theatre, so..] he was such a great guy. i love him totally and completely. <33

and same day, when jonathan groff came out.. after an hour and a half.. wel first of all i made fun of him, i was like.. you take longer than all the girls, haha.. and he thought that was hilarious. and i was talking to him and i had him sign an extra poster that we would use to auction at my school's bc/efa variety show gala and silent auction, and i was telling him about our heavy involvement with the organization and how we have close contact with joe norton and how we were the first high school to start doing it etc. etc. and he was like, so interested, it was so sweet. =) and he started telling me about how when he first came to new york he had a job as a waiter and he waited on the head of broadway cares and that he gave him his first job collecting money for bc/efa. and i was like, youre so cool. and then he was like, no youre so cool, keep that up.
and i was like. uhm, i love you, and you are such a talented actor. hahaa. then he hugged me. i didn't even ask. he just reached out and hugged me and went "you're the best" in my ear during our tight long embrace and i was like. uhm, marry me? haha.

okay, i love actors. the end.

oh and to add to what someone said about lea, when i got a picture with her she made sure she looked cute hahaha. and she was had all of her hair tucked into a hat and she was telling me about how curling it night after night started to fry it so she was wearing a wig and things, and she was like, i probably look bald, haha. and i was like, no i think you're gorgeous and she goes.. aww i love you. and i was like !!!!
yah anyway. spring awakening, by far my favorite cast. =)

hear my song; it was made for the time when you don't know where to go, listen to the song that i sing, you'll be fine..

#59re: Thrilling Stage Door Experiences...
Posted: 3/18/07 at 5:27pm

I went to see Beauty and the Beast in the end of December '05 when Ashley Brown was in it. It was so cute because these 2 little girls (they were probably around 5 years old) went up to Ashley and were so excited to see "Belle" and they both gave her little roses. It was one of the most touching moments ever.