pixeltracker

next disney show on broadway is...- Page 3

next disney show on broadway is...

rentgal589
#50Next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/24/07 at 1:33pm

i'm sure mulan would be great. i also think alice in wonderland would be interesting. they could pull it off.

Rentgal589 is soon to be under new management.

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#51Next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/24/07 at 1:36pm

rumor has they put a team together for aladdin....

rentgal589
#52Next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/24/07 at 1:42pm

aladin would b good

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#53Next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/24/07 at 4:08pm

I doubt they would have a team for Aladdin yet, when The Little Mermaid is opening this year and it already has a lot of hype..

rentgal589
#54Next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/24/07 at 7:18pm

Now I'm hooked on the Alice in Wonderland idea. If you've got the right singers and right choreography, the right scenery and the right props, it can be pulled off. But how would they make Alice shrink and grow? These are the questions that haunt me...

#55Next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/25/07 at 2:18pm

Unfortunatley, I think HSM will be next on bway...

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#56Next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/25/07 at 2:57pm

I would die, very VERY UNHAPPY...if HSM ever reaches the Broadway stage in NY...right now I am really set on Mulan for a couple reasons....They could incorporate Chinese art styles into the production like Chinese puppetry and the set would be amazing....and another reason, 2 words: Lea Salonga!!!

ashbash1990 Profile Photo
ashbash1990
#57Next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/25/07 at 3:30pm

*Crosses FIngers* THe Nightmare Before Christmas

What a night! I was in more laps than a napkin!

BDavis0092
#58Next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/25/07 at 4:29pm

I would stop seeing ANY Disney show if HSM made it to Broadway. I really wish it wasn't called that. I wish it was called High School Disney Movie. It's a more appropriate title. And little kids would stop saying High School Musical is the best musical EVAAAHHH!!! They would say High School Disney Movie is the best movie EVAAAHHH!!! Which still would be annoying but a little less ridiculous.

www.youtube.com/BwayNY225

littlechavela2 Profile Photo
littlechavela2
#59Next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/25/07 at 4:37pm

I am really sold on Alice now too. The growing and shrinking thing is not going to be hard for broadway...you shrink the set not the person. There's already a play of alice and wonderland, but a musical would be amazing! Other than that Hercules would rock, as would mulan. Im not sure aladdin will come since they already made it into a stage show for schools and such to do. I think that if they wanted it on broadway it would have went there first. Maybe not. I would love to see it, and it seems to be the only one of Disney's recent sucesses that hasn't made it to broadway.

Song4EveryKiss
#60Next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/25/07 at 5:03pm

please please please bring Der Glockner Von Notre Dame to Broadway. Ive said my peace.

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#61Next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/25/07 at 5:57pm

Nightmare Before Christmas would make a great stage production, but I'm sure it would just have a limited engagement from like october-January...although I'm sure Disney would bring it back every year much like they are planning to do with the grinch! I'm really set on Mulan, although I would love to see Hercules and Der Glockner Von Notre Dame on Broadway...I listened to Der Glockner Von Notre Dame the other day and it is very amazing!

*brina-doll* Profile Photo
*brina-doll*
#62Next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/25/07 at 6:07pm

I've always imagined The Nightmare before Christmas to be a very cool movie to stage adaptation; but my hearts set on bringing Der Glockner Von Notre Dame to broadway.

Your aspirations are your possibilities-Samuel Johnson (and a little help from nomdeplume)

I AM BATMAN Profile Photo
I AM BATMAN
#63Next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/25/07 at 6:28pm

THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS!

I'm so surprissed that not more people have mentioned this! I recently have been thinking about it a lot. It would be such an amazing opportunity for design, composition, and performance. It could be such a wonderful merging of live-performance, puppety and visual effects! I've actually been searching the web lately trying to sniff out ANY news if anyting is happening...but no leads.

It would be great! On a sort of sad-daydreaming level, I've been making little sketches of designs of the show and how things could be possible...including the uncurling hill. (I know, I'm a dreamer! But where would the world be without us?)

And yes...I would love to have the chance to audition for Jack Skellington. Just kinda relaxes me and excites me at the same time to think of it!

Here's to dreaming and hoping!

vmlinnie
#64Next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/25/07 at 6:37pm

On the point of what people said above;

Alice in Wonderland? Oh purleaze! I had to sit through that abomination, 'Alice' the musical, and it was attrocious.

The rain we knew is a thing of the past -
deep-delving, dark, deliberate you would say
browsing on spire and bogland; but today
our sky-blue slates are steaming in the sun,
our yachts tinkling and dancing in the bay
like racehorses. We contemplate at last
shining windows, a future forbidden to no one.

Derek Mahon

"Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets."

Arthur Miller

purpleprince101 Profile Photo
purpleprince101
#65Next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/25/07 at 6:49pm

I remember when I went to a school to observe, this girl said "my sister said that High School Musical is going to broadway". I died inside at that moment though i know it won't happen.

ahmelie Profile Photo
ahmelie
#66Next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/25/07 at 6:51pm

I think The Prince of Egypt would translate well to screen (is that Disney? Or no?)

Anyway, I was watching it and I think it would work as a big epic, fantastic peice.

Theatre is a safe place to do the unsafe things that need to be done. -John Patrick Shanley

purpleprince101 Profile Photo
purpleprince101
#67Next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/25/07 at 6:53pm

i think prince of egypt is dreamworks

augustine73 Profile Photo
augustine73
#68Next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/25/07 at 10:26pm

lea salonga as mulan would be perfect! i saw her recent interview.. she looks 19 to me. besides, there's what we call.. stage make up..

Lance2 Profile Photo
Lance2
#69Next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/25/07 at 11:09pm

Der Glockner von Notre Dame was directed by James Lapine who also did the book (Does this justify Disney for the Sondheim fans among us Next disney show on broadway is...). He didn't stick to the original movie script, but wrote a completely new book based on the original novel although he did stick to some of the changes that were made for the movie. Gringoire is still not in the musical. The gargoyles were written out of the musical, but later put back in because Disney felt the show lost to much of it's original power. The Gargoyles were renamed and by that the 'Victor-Hugo-joke' was cut.

In the end Disney felt the musical was too dark and didn't want to transfer to broadway. The theatre in Berlin was built for the musical and the sets used a lot of projections like Webber's The Woman in White did.

I recently saw a community theatre performance of Der Glockner staged in a church and it was incredible. This is absolutely one of Menken's best score ever. Especiale the first act finale where all the musical themes come together and clash. It gives me shivers everytime when I listen to the cd.

Elphie4ever Profile Photo
Elphie4ever
#70Next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 3/25/07 at 11:49pm

i would love to see nightmare before christmas,mulan, or something that is orginal and have heart in the story. maybe disney should try to make a new musical instead of making a movie a musical. i wish disney could go with something more orginal that is not a movie yet that would be cool....

besides i always wanted to know why is there a lot of hate for disney musicals in broadway out of curiousity.

BWayJunkie
#71Next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 6/1/08 at 9:39pm

although I too think alladin should be next, the next D.o.B show will be Newsies, with Christian Bale. Disney Theatricals will have to rearrange the way they put together and market shows in order for it to be a success but it should be fun

musicalmaster703 Profile Photo
musicalmaster703
#72Next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 6/1/08 at 9:48pm

Newsies!

Dollypop
#73Next disney show on broadway is...
Posted: 6/1/08 at 9:48pm

Who cares?

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22