Jersey Boys Cast Question

keith2
#1Jersey Boys Cast Question
Posted: 4/2/07 at 4:56pm

Does anyone know if the cast will be the same at the end of May? Thanks in advance!!

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#2re: Jersey Boys Cast Question
Posted: 4/2/07 at 5:06pm

If you're talking about JLY, we don't know.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#2re: Jersey Boys Cast Question
Posted: 4/2/07 at 5:18pm

If you mean SF, the answer is no. re: Jersey Boys Cast Question But no one ever means SF...

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

popular_elphie
#3re: Jersey Boys Cast Question
Posted: 4/2/07 at 8:53pm

Any ways, whether or not JLY leaves, the Broadway cast not be the same come May.

i*heart*fame
#4re: Jersey Boys Cast Question
Posted: 4/2/07 at 10:08pm

Who is leaving?

"Don't thank your parents, if you were raised in a nurturing environment you wouldnt be in show business"--Conan O'Brien at the 2006 Emmy Awards

jerseyboyslover Profile Photo
jerseyboyslover
#5re: Jersey Boys Cast Question
Posted: 4/2/07 at 10:21pm

Which cast?

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#6re: Jersey Boys Cast Question
Posted: 4/2/07 at 10:27pm

NY cast

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#7re: Jersey Boys Cast Question
Posted: 4/3/07 at 4:31am

it would be sad to see the original cast leave but it is also kinda exciting to see new talents :P that would hopefully do justice to the role.

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
WickedOne2
#8re: Jersey Boys Cast Question
Posted: 4/3/07 at 11:58am

I thought Daniel, Bobby and Christian are staying until October.

"I wish the stage were as narrow as the wire of a tightrope dancer, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." Goethe

worrell4077
#9re: Jersey Boys Cast Question
Posted: 4/3/07 at 3:41pm

"I thought Daniel, Bobby and Christian are staying until October"

They are, it's JLY. I think he'll extend for a couple more months maybe leave when Daniel, Bobby, and Christian leave, but if he does leave before then, Michael Longoria should be bumped up to take over for him.

onelastrefrain2 Profile Photo
onelastrefrain2
#10re: Jersey Boys Cast Question
Posted: 4/3/07 at 3:58pm

I thought he was going to move to the tour at the end of April...?

popular_elphie
#11re: Jersey Boys Cast Question
Posted: 4/3/07 at 11:08pm

Someone mentioned it in another thread. I can't outright say it because I was told not to. Search, peeps.

What I really want to know is why they took production photos of Michael as Frankie. Is it just to show that he's the alternate, or is something bigger going on? Hmmm...

wicked_mimi
#12re: Jersey Boys Cast Question
Posted: 4/3/07 at 11:13pm

The cast will def be different come May. An original cast member is leaving but the one that I know of isn't JLY. The person who is leaving will be going to the LA leg of the tour though. An announcement will be out soon I'm sure.

And I think production photos were done just because Michael covers the role two shows a week now and even is listed as Frankie in the Playbill.

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#13re: Jersey Boys Cast Question
Posted: 4/3/07 at 11:23pm

my post was obsolete Updated On: 4/4/07 at 11:23 PM

mll85
#14re: Jersey Boys Cast Question
Posted: 4/3/07 at 11:56pm

Can we get a hint about who's leaving?

LizzieCurry
#15re: Jersey Boys Cast Question
Posted: 4/4/07 at 12:00am

An original cast member is leaving but the one that I know of isn't JLY. The person who is leaving will be going to the LA leg of the tour though. An announcement will be out soon I'm sure.

I think it's already been unofficially announced... (I saw it somewhere on BWW, too.)

http://www.myspace.com/jerseyboysnationaltour2

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#16re: Jersey Boys Cast Question
Posted: 4/4/07 at 12:06am

ahh ok thanks Lizzie! I definitely remember seeing that somewhere.

Jarrod is adorable! Updated On: 4/4/07 at 12:06 AM

wicked_mimi
#17re: Jersey Boys Cast Question
Posted: 4/4/07 at 2:16am

Updated On: 4/4/07 at 02:16 AM

jerseyboyslover
#18re: Jersey Boys Cast Question
Posted: 4/4/07 at 12:00pm

Steve is doing the 2nd tour, to day is their 3rd day in rehearsal. I was told this by one of the cast members in the 2nd tour.

I was also told they will be saying something about the cast in the next two or three days.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

wicked_mimi
#19re: Jersey Boys Cast Question
Posted: 4/4/07 at 4:14pm

Little update from a reliable source... Steve Gouveia is currently set to join the second tour but will most likely be moving to the LA production in July. After that he will probably take over the role of Nick Massi for the first tour. However, nothing is set in stone...

jerseyboyslover
#20re: Jersey Boys Cast Question
Posted: 4/4/07 at 4:15pm

bump

LizzieCurry
#21re: Jersey Boys Cast Question
Posted: 4/4/07 at 5:12pm

Eric Gutman sez...

Rick Faugno is now the new Frankie alternate! Courter Simmons is taking Rick's track.

http://theguter.blogspot.com/index.html

jerseyboyslover
#22re: Jersey Boys Cast Question
Posted: 4/4/07 at 5:24pm

congrats to Rick!

It would have been nice to see Rick take over for Jarrod and play Joey but I know Courter will do a great job. ge is a very nice guy, when I talked to him he couldn't have been more happy about joining the cast.

popular_elphie
#23re: Jersey Boys Cast Question
Posted: 4/4/07 at 5:38pm

I love Eric's blog.

I'm sad to see Steve leave the Broadway cast. He was a great Nick understudy, getting laughs in the last monologue, which doesn't happen with Bobby. And he's a wonderful Hank.

jerseyboyslover
#24re: Jersey Boys Cast Question
Posted: 4/4/07 at 5:44pm

It is bitter sweet for me to see him leave the broadway cast. I loved him when I went up to see the show and I thought he did a wonderful job, but then again I am glad to see him get a bigger part in the show.

Videos