pixeltracker

"Hairspray" Movie Soundtrack Info!

"Hairspray" Movie Soundtrack Info!

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
Mr. Peanut Man
#2re: 'Hairspray' Movie Soundtrack Info!
Posted: 4/11/07 at 8:17pm

Wait, I thought they threw out It Takes Two because Zac couldn't sing it?

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#2re: 'Hairspray' Movie Soundtrack Info!
Posted: 4/11/07 at 8:19pm

Wikipedia is wrong...a lot.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

withoutlovewithoutU Profile Photo
withoutlovewithoutU
#3re: 'Hairspray' Movie Soundtrack Info!
Posted: 4/11/07 at 8:20pm

No they never cut ITT out. That was just a rumor.
I guess they won't have Mama, I'm A Big Girl Now as a bonus track. re: 'Hairspray' Movie Soundtrack Info!

"If we don't live happily ever after at least we survive until the end of the week!" -Kermit the frog "I need the money... it costs a lot to look this cheap!" -Dolly P. "Oh please, Over at 'Gypsy' Patti LuPone hasn't even alienated her first daughter yet!" Mary Testa in "Xanadu" "...Like a drunk Chita Rivera!" Robin de Jesus in "In the Heights"

"B*tch, I don't know your life." -Xanadu After that if he still doesn't understand why you were uncomfortable and are now infuriated, kick him again but this time with Jazz Hands!!! -KillerTofu

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#4re: 'Hairspray' Movie Soundtrack Info!
Posted: 4/11/07 at 8:22pm

this wiki page was created by jacob, if not some other fan.

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

withoutlovewithoutU
#5re: 'Hairspray' Movie Soundtrack Info!
Posted: 4/11/07 at 8:24pm

Mateo do you think that Big Girl Now will make it onto the soundtrack?

"If we don't live happily ever after at least we survive until the end of the week!" -Kermit the frog "I need the money... it costs a lot to look this cheap!" -Dolly P. "Oh please, Over at 'Gypsy' Patti LuPone hasn't even alienated her first daughter yet!" Mary Testa in "Xanadu" "...Like a drunk Chita Rivera!" Robin de Jesus in "In the Heights"

"B*tch, I don't know your life." -Xanadu After that if he still doesn't understand why you were uncomfortable and are now infuriated, kick him again but this time with Jazz Hands!!! -KillerTofu

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#6re: 'Hairspray' Movie Soundtrack Info!
Posted: 4/11/07 at 8:24pm

i dont know. i hope so.

My guess is as good as any.

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

Mr. Peanut Man
#7re: 'Hairspray' Movie Soundtrack Info!
Posted: 4/11/07 at 8:26pm

From what I heard, "Mama..." won't be on the soundtrack.

withoutlovewithoutU
#8re: 'Hairspray' Movie Soundtrack Info!
Posted: 4/11/07 at 8:28pm

It's cut from the movie, but (if I remember right) there was talk of putting it over the end credits, so there might be a chance that it will make it onto the CD.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#9re: 'Hairspray' Movie Soundtrack Info!
Posted: 4/11/07 at 8:32pm

It wasn't me but I wish that I did! re: 'Hairspray' Movie Soundtrack Info! Maybe "Mama..." will be a bonus download if you buy it at a certain store like Target or something. I hope!

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#10re: 'Hairspray' Movie Soundtrack Info!
Posted: 4/11/07 at 8:38pm

Wiki is user run, so it's not always reliable. Since we have the actual Composer of the musical and film "on site" here, I think these types of questions are better posed to him then gossiping about what will or what wont be on the cd and in the film

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

MerMaggieGalinda
#11re: 'Hairspray' Movie Soundtrack Info!
Posted: 4/11/07 at 9:00pm

If it's true, I'm really glad It Takes Two is still in, even though I'm not sure Zac can sing it, he certainly won't be better than Matthew Morrison, but I'll give him a chance, It Takes Two is my favorite song in Hairspray next to Without Love.

Julian2
#12re: 'Hairspray' Movie Soundtrack Info!
Posted: 4/11/07 at 9:47pm

Check the history page, the entire article was written by a Jacobsnchz who apparently "My name is Jacob Sanchez! I am a 14 year-old and I live in Fort Worth, Texas. I am a movie geek and a Broadway musical geek!!" and already has The Little Mermaid as one of his favorite shows. Sound familiar?

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#13re: 'Hairspray' Movie Soundtrack Info!
Posted: 4/11/07 at 9:51pm

Now, Julian, call me crazy, but I think that user is our own jacobsnchz14!

*gaspofshockanddiesbelief*

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#14re: 'Hairspray' Movie Soundtrack Info!
Posted: 4/11/07 at 10:07pm

hahaha, oh well.

but see now there are 'bonus tracks' listed. which only leads to more rumors.

i hate wikipedia.

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"

withoutlovewithoutU
#15re: 'Hairspray' Movie Soundtrack Info!
Posted: 4/11/07 at 10:11pm

I'm not really buying into this but what's with the bonus VonTussle song?

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#16re: 'Hairspray' Movie Soundtrack Info!
Posted: 4/11/07 at 10:12pm

Have you not read?

It's a lie.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#17re: 'Hairspray' Movie Soundtrack Info!
Posted: 4/11/07 at 10:14pm

Wikipedia is a load of bull.

I read Wikipedia with a grain of salt.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

FinallyAmember
#18re: 'Hairspray' Movie Soundtrack Info!
Posted: 4/11/07 at 10:22pm

I know this is a horrible way to start more rumors, but what song have been said to be cut? Apparently, Mama I'm a Big Girl Now which is a big mistake. I remember reading way back in the day that Miss Baltimore Crabs was being cut too (which I really hope isn't true. I really want to hear Ms. Pfeiffer sing it - the reprise as well. Thats just me hoping)

Anyway, enough babbling from me. What are the rumors?
Updated On: 4/11/07 at 10:22 PM

withoutlovewithoutU
#19re: 'Hairspray' Movie Soundtrack Info!
Posted: 4/11/07 at 10:23pm

I know it's bull! I guess he just pulled the vontussle song out of his a$$.

JustChillin8908
#20re: 'Hairspray' Movie Soundtrack Info!
Posted: 4/11/07 at 10:23pm

I hope this means jacobsnchz14 will dissapear until he decides to create a new account. Those few hours will be heaven!

withoutlovewithoutU
#21re: 'Hairspray' Movie Soundtrack Info!
Posted: 4/11/07 at 10:26pm

Like, OMG you guys the song list, like, magically disappeared from the wiki page! I wonder why that happened?

JustChillin8908
#22re: 'Hairspray' Movie Soundtrack Info!
Posted: 4/11/07 at 10:30pm

So he can try and say it was just our imaginations?

withoutlovewithoutU
#23re: 'Hairspray' Movie Soundtrack Info!
Posted: 4/11/07 at 10:32pm

yeah i'm sure.
Yeash... I mean if your gonna post something like that make sure you have your facts strait, cause if you don't people on this board are gonna call you out on it.

Steam Heat2 Profile Photo
Steam Heat2
#24re: 'Hairspray' Movie Soundtrack Info!
Posted: 4/11/07 at 10:33pm

Thats weird that the list disappeared...

Guess what? I have flaws. What are they? Oh I don't know... I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me... that's the opposite of the point I'm trying to make.

Videos