Legally Blonde CD Release Date

BroadwaySinger2
#1Legally Blonde CD Release Date
Posted: 4/15/07 at 4:27pm

Anyone have any idea what the exact date is that they will release a CD?

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#2re: Legally Blonde CD Release Date
Posted: 4/15/07 at 4:29pm

i heard 2 days before the tonys

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#2re: Legally Blonde CD Release Date
Posted: 4/15/07 at 4:29pm

They haven't even announced a CD.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

BroadwaySinger2
#3re: Legally Blonde CD Release Date
Posted: 4/15/07 at 4:34pm

I asked the woman selling T-Shirts during one of the previews. She gave me a date sometime during May but I've forgotten it. Maybe it was simply a rumor.

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#4re: Legally Blonde CD Release Date
Posted: 4/15/07 at 4:36pm

on the offical myspace group page/page they said they said 2 days before the tonys (Not those words-they gave the date but i forget it)

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#5re: Legally Blonde CD Release Date
Posted: 4/15/07 at 6:30pm

Correct me if I am wrong ? Was it ever being recorded at all ?

I think only High Fidelity & Curtains have been recorded as of today 4/15 and Pirate Queen set to be recorded either last week of April or early May.. Have I missed any "OFFICIAL" news regarding Legally Blonde?-J*
Updated On: 4/15/07 at 06:30 PM

Yankeefan007
#6re: Legally Blonde CD Release Date
Posted: 4/15/07 at 6:34pm

What part of "no, it hasn't been recorded" is that hard to comprehend (that's not directed to you, jaystarr, that's directed to EVERYONE ELSE).

Jaystarr is exactly correct - High Fidelity has been recorded (rumored date is May 5) and Curtains has been recorded (set for June 5).

Pirate Queen will have a recording, but nothing is set in stone, last I heard.

Legally Blonde will definitely be recorded - they have pre-order forms in the lobby, though, if the show closes the day after it opens, chances are it won't be.

Remember that it's about a 3-4 month turnaround, so the earliest the album would be out is July/August.

JsnWse
#7re: Legally Blonde CD Release Date
Posted: 4/15/07 at 6:49pm

Yankeefan007, not to sound like a completely B*tch, but a lot of other posters have found your responses to be quite insulting and rather rude. Not everybody is as educated as you, be kind to those who are less fortunate. Nobody likes a mean poster.. just try to be a little more understanding please. If things really bother you that much, and you really have that much of an issue with patience, maybe you shouldn't post. Lately, your posts have not been informative, just very insulting.
Updated On: 4/15/07 at 06:49 PM

BroadwaySinger2
#8re: Legally Blonde CD Release Date
Posted: 4/15/07 at 6:54pm

Thank you, JsnWse, for that. That was rude Yankeefan. I asked the question so obviously I'm not educated in the matter.

TWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
#9re: Legally Blonde CD Release Date
Posted: 4/15/07 at 6:55pm

Not directed to anybody directly, but we never know when a recording can come out unless it is specifically told. Take for instance: The Wedding Singer was recorded at the beginning of May and came out at the beginning of June.

We can't really know until there's an announcement. But, I can assure you, Legally Blonde will be recorded. If it isn't, there must be a really good reason.

JsnWse
#10re: Legally Blonde CD Release Date
Posted: 4/15/07 at 6:56pm

Your welcome Broadwaysinger2. You're not the only one who has been attacked by him, it seems to be a growing trend

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#11re: Legally Blonde CD Release Date
Posted: 4/15/07 at 6:58pm

I didn't think Yankee's post was rude at all. If nothing has been announced, then noting has been recorded, and there is no release date.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Yankeefan007
#12re: Legally Blonde CD Release Date
Posted: 4/15/07 at 6:58pm

Oh, I know I have potential to be rude, and, of course, if anyone is offended, I apologize.

The simple fact is that the same questions are rehashed over and over, often within days of each other. I'll admit that the "newer" posters may not know about the search feature, but the seasoned pros should help in pointing it out.

Again, I apologize if I've become a message board nazi (but believe me, there are far worse people here).

It is very true that the Legally Blonde album has not been recorded (for a May release, it would have had to have been recorded months ago). Curtains is actually the quickest turn around, considering that recent albums (Martin Short, HiFi, Company) have all taken a good 4-5 months to hit the shelves. As pointed out above, another notable exception is Wedding Singer, which was recorded and released within a month. When the Tony's loom, it's often a lot quicker.
Updated On: 4/15/07 at 06:58 PM

JsnWse
#13re: Legally Blonde CD Release Date
Posted: 4/15/07 at 6:59pm

Thank you Yankeefan007. That was very mature and your apology is totally accepted (at least by me). Thank you!!

BroadwaySinger2
#14re: Legally Blonde CD Release Date
Posted: 4/15/07 at 7:02pm

Apology accepted.

Yankeefan007
#15re: Legally Blonde CD Release Date
Posted: 4/15/07 at 7:03pm

What can I say? I know when to plead "no contest."

Anyhoo, back to the topic at hand.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#16re: Legally Blonde CD Release Date
Posted: 4/15/07 at 7:14pm

I have never found Yankee to be rude at all.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#17re: Legally Blonde CD Release Date
Posted: 4/15/07 at 8:23pm

i haven't either. he's actually really nice

DrTheatre Profile Photo
DrTheatre
#18re: Legally Blonde CD Release Date
Posted: 4/15/07 at 8:34pm

Nothing has been announced or recorded. But, they were taken pre-orders in San Francisco. I order mine; it was $20 bucks. There was a form at the Golden Gate Theater saying that the CD will come out in May. Many people pre-ordered.

"In the U.S.A. You can have your say, You can set you goals And seize the day, You've been given the freedom To work your way To the head of the line- To the head of the line!" ---Stephen Sondheim

DrTheatre Profile Photo
DrTheatre
#19re: Legally Blonde CD Release Date
Posted: 4/15/07 at 8:36pm

Nothing has been announced or recorded. But, they were taken pre-orders in San Francisco. I order mine; it was $20 bucks. There was a form at the Golden Gate Theater saying that the CD will come out in May. Many people pre-ordered.

"In the U.S.A. You can have your say, You can set you goals And seize the day, You've been given the freedom To work your way To the head of the line- To the head of the line!" ---Stephen Sondheim

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#20re: Legally Blonde CD Release Date
Posted: 4/15/07 at 8:42pm

You can order one at the Palace too.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

LeaGirl Profile Photo
LeaGirl
#21re: Legally Blonde CD Release Date
Posted: 4/15/07 at 9:07pm

I spoke to Laurence O'Keefe (is that how you spell that) Friday night outside the theater and he seemed to think they were recording at the beginning of May (he actually said the 5th or 7th and right now I can't remember which) pushing for it to be out in early June.

Now what would you say if today I started over? Without a thing but this taped together four leaf clover And I'll pretend like everything is already alright And I'll run toward the sun till the castle's out of sight

Yankeefan007
#22re: Legally Blonde CD Release Date
Posted: 4/15/07 at 9:24pm

Probably the 7th, if that indeed pans out. Monday is their dark day.

wicked4life51 Profile Photo
wicked4life51
#23re: Legally Blonde CD Release Date
Posted: 4/15/07 at 11:17pm

blonde wont close
anyone see the article about jerry mitchell
this show is all over the place
everyone knows about it
its not going to go unseen it will be open a while

"what? what is it? do i have something in my teeth? ok lets get this over with : no im not seasick,yes ive always been green, and no i didnt chew grass as a child "

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#24re: Legally Blonde CD Release Date
Posted: 4/15/07 at 11:21pm

who said its closing??

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

Videos