pixeltracker

SF Jersey Boys Benefit Show Tonight

SF Jersey Boys Benefit Show Tonight

mll85
#1SF Jersey Boys Benefit Show Tonight
Posted: 4/16/07 at 5:04pm

I would post this on the SF board but there's barely any action there. Is anyone going tonight? Unfortunately, I can't make it but I would love to hear how it went from anyone that is.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#2re: SF Jersey Boys Benefit Show Tonight
Posted: 4/17/07 at 2:36am

Just got home from it. :) It was FANTASTIC. I've been to three of these now (the first two were Les Miz/Titanic in 2000 and Phantom in 2003), and this was probably the best one.

The JB game show was pretty fun. It was all trivia -- onstage and offstage stuff. Erich Bergen kept doing a frightening Paul Lynde impression (Erich seems like he should've been born in the 30s). I was in the balcony or I might've actually volunteered, because I could've wiped out the three who did. re: SF Jersey Boys Benefit Show Tonight

I don't have a set list, but here's what I remember:

The show started with the four guys singing an 80s medley using JB choreography. :)

Deven May - The Sensitive Song
Nathan Klau - Shiksa Goddess
Miles Aubrey and John Altieri - Bless the Broken Road (with an intro modeled after the shooting scene in the car)
John Altieri and Jennifer Evans - Just in Love
Christopher Kale Jones - You Walk With Me
Courter Simmons - Let it Sing
Jackie Sieden - a song from Times They Are A-Changin'
Brandon Mattheius and Nathan Klau sang with the JB keyboardist

There's a lot more than that, so I'll keep editing this as I remember more. :)

Michael Ingersoll closed the show with a GREAT "Louder than Words" from Tick Tick Boom. I'm so glad he got to showcase his voice.

Unfortunately there was no intermission, which I thought might've provided a nice break.

The auctions were pretty funny. One was a brunch for you, three of your friends, and two of the Jersey Boys -- initially Erich Bergen and Michael Ingersoll, but the other two were quick to join them. re: SF Jersey Boys Benefit Show Tonight

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt
Updated On: 4/17/07 at 02:36 AM

Shawk Profile Photo
Shawk
#2re: SF Jersey Boys Benefit Show Tonight
Posted: 4/17/07 at 2:57am

I concur! It was a lot of fun.

A few more:

"Woman" (the Jersey Girls and Brandon Mattheius)
A special "jazz" medley (Erich Bergen and Deven May)
"I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman" (Erich Bergen)
"Anything You Can Do" (Jackie Seiden and Eric Gutman)
"Uptown Girl" (the Jersey Boys)

Also a special appearance by "Firearms and Flowers." (Taylor Sternberg, Eric Gutman and Brian Silverman), as well as an original composition by Brian Silverman and his wife.

'"Contrairiwise," continued Tweedledee, "if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic."' ~Lewis Carroll
Updated On: 4/17/07 at 02:57 AM

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#3re: SF Jersey Boys Benefit Show Tonight
Posted: 4/17/07 at 3:16am

I missed it since I had to work last minute and it was sold out anyway re: SF Jersey Boys Benefit Show Tonight

I hope some of it end up in them tubes :P

Was Melissa Strom (Francine) there?

LizzieCurry
#4re: SF Jersey Boys Benefit Show Tonight
Posted: 4/17/07 at 3:17am

Yep, but she only sang in "Woman."

mll85
#5re: SF Jersey Boys Benefit Show Tonight
Posted: 4/17/07 at 3:27am

It sounds like it was a really fun night. I'm so dissapointed I couldn't make it. Was Erich and Deven's jazz medley the one that's posted on youtube, because I love that clip.

Super Sue Profile Photo
Super Sue
#6re: SF Jersey Boys Benefit Show Tonight
Posted: 4/17/07 at 3:34am

Lucky SF fans...I'm jealous :)

Gah, can't wait 'til Sweeney Todd at Ahmanson and Phantom of the Opera at OCPAC...!!

LizzieCurry
#7re: SF Jersey Boys Benefit Show Tonight
Posted: 4/17/07 at 3:38am

Sure was! Erich added an extra move à la Enjolras twirling the flag, too. re: SF Jersey Boys Benefit Show Tonight

(Those two need their OWN show...)

The program didn't list songs so as not to ruin the element of surprise (it said that!), but it did credit the person who arranged the medley, so when I read that I figured that was what they were going to sing.

brianveen Profile Photo
brianveen
#8re: SF Jersey Boys Benefit Show Tonight
Posted: 4/17/07 at 3:40am

Erich's "I'm not a girl, not yet a woman" was the highlight of the night for me. Also I loved Jackie and Eric's "Anything You Can Do". Also don't forget "Sweet Child O' Mine" with the super cute Taylor Sternberg and band. Michael did close the night out well.

- Brian
Updated On: 4/17/07 at 03:40 AM

LizzieCurry
#9re: SF Jersey Boys Benefit Show Tonight
Posted: 4/17/07 at 3:42am

Forgot to mention that during Erich's Britney moment, Chris Jones and Michael Ingersoll WERE SLOW DANCING in the corner (!!!!) and when the song was done, Michael picked up Chris and they ran off stage. re: SF Jersey Boys Benefit Show Tonight

mizzairee
#10re: SF Jersey Boys Benefit Show Tonight
Posted: 4/17/07 at 3:45am

Sounds amazing!!! I wish I could have gone... stupid 21+ rule.

A day I don't dance is a day I don't live.

mll85
#11re: SF Jersey Boys Benefit Show Tonight
Posted: 4/17/07 at 3:46am

I think he mentiond on the last episode of GRR that him and Deven might perform their Birdland show on the road if they find time to during the tour.

Man I hope Erich posts some clips of the show on youtube. Why did all my classes have to have midterms this week. I would have gone if I didn't have to study for everything this week.
Updated On: 4/17/07 at 03:46 AM

LizzieCurry
#12re: SF Jersey Boys Benefit Show Tonight
Posted: 4/17/07 at 3:48am

There were some official-looking people walking around with camcorders, so I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up on someone's YouTube. (Unless it was just for archival purposes for the Richmond/Ermet AIDS Foundation.)

They didn't have a no-cameras rule, just a no-flash rule.

EugLoven Profile Photo
EugLoven
#13re: SF Jersey Boys Benefit Show Tonight
Posted: 4/17/07 at 4:01am

Sounds like a blast. WOW!
I heard Erich rehearsing the jazz medley pre-show last weekend...
But dumbfoundit! I had tech-rehearsal tonight and couldn't attend!

shesamarshmallow
#14re: SF Jersey Boys Benefit Show Tonight
Posted: 4/17/07 at 11:02am

Oh wow. I PRAY for YouTube videos.
Only a few more months of missing out on stuff like this.
Chris & Michael slow dancing has me in tears just reading about it!

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

LizzieCurry
#15re: SF Jersey Boys Benefit Show Tonight
Posted: 4/17/07 at 12:54pm

It was hysterical. First they were just singing backup. Then the girl next to me whispered, "OH MY GOD THEY'RE SLOW DANCING!"

So great.

"Just In Love" was staged very cleverly...John was a patient and Jennifer was his shrink, they ended up loosening their clothing and by the end, he was laying in her lap. re: SF Jersey Boys Benefit Show Tonight

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#16re: SF Jersey Boys Benefit Show Tonight
Posted: 4/17/07 at 3:00pm

1. How big is the venue compared to the curran? Probably smaller huh? I haven't been there.

2. What's the age range of the audience?

Just bi-curious :P

LizzieCurry
#17re: SF Jersey Boys Benefit Show Tonight
Posted: 4/17/07 at 3:04pm

1. Definitely. It's more of a vaudeville theatre.
http://www.gotickets.com/seating_charts/concert/club_fugazi.php

2. Over 21. Whooda thunk it?

3. Doesn't your tongue get dried out from doing that so often?

Shawk Profile Photo
Shawk
#18re: SF Jersey Boys Benefit Show Tonight
Posted: 4/17/07 at 3:58pm

2. Older and richer than me. re: SF Jersey Boys Benefit Show Tonight

'"Contrairiwise," continued Tweedledee, "if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic."' ~Lewis Carroll

Erich Profile Photo
Erich
#19re: SF Jersey Boys Benefit Show Tonight
Posted: 4/19/07 at 4:23pm

Thanks everyone who came out on Monday night. It was a total blast and apparently we raised over $25,000. We had a great time putting it together, and most likely we will do it again in L.A. over the summer. Once I get video of it, I will put some clips on YouTube.

Also, a quick reminder. T'mow morning tickets go on sale for the extension through September 30th. Starting at 7am t'mow morning, at the Curran Theatre, me and the other 3 boys will be at the theatre greeting customers as well as appearing live on the Don Bleu radio show. Remember the first 250 customers get a free Jersey Boys cast album.

We would love to see you all there! Oh, and my mom will be there, too.

-erich

LizzieCurry
#20re: SF Jersey Boys Benefit Show Tonight
Posted: 4/19/07 at 4:38pm

That is AWESOME. I work in Chinatown, so I may take a detour to the Tendernob first... re: SF Jersey Boys Benefit Show Tonight

You and your mom should record your podcasts there!

Shawk Profile Photo
Shawk
#21re: SF Jersey Boys Benefit Show Tonight
Posted: 4/19/07 at 4:40pm

Looking forward to seeing the clips and refreshing my memory of the evening.

The timing for the ticket extension hoopla is not great for us nine to fivers, but it sounds fun. As long as there are no terrifying Paul Lynde impressions. re: SF Jersey Boys Benefit Show Tonight

mll85
#22re: SF Jersey Boys Benefit Show Tonight
Posted: 4/19/07 at 7:07pm

Thanks for that info Erich. I was hoping clips would end up on youtube and it's nice to know you plan on putting some up. But I think it would be a great idea if they released a DVD of the performance, it would be a good way to raise money for the foundation. I know I would buy one.

And I second LizzieCurry's idea of you and your mom doing a podcast together.

shesamarshmallow
#23re: SF Jersey Boys Benefit Show Tonight
Posted: 4/19/07 at 7:41pm

I'm seeing the show again tonight - perhaps I should just camp outside the box office after it ends? :) I would if I didn't have so much homework and work in the morning...

Third the podcast idea.

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

Videos