neddyfrank2
#1Xanadu First Preview
Posted: 5/23/07 at 2:38am

Is anybody going? Tell us how it is!

dramarama2 Profile Photo
dramarama2
#2re: Xanadu First Preview
Posted: 5/23/07 at 4:18am

I am attending the performance. Shall be interesting...

I'll be sure to post a review.

A little known fact is that in the original screenplay, Pan's Labyrinth was Pan's FLAByrinth. Hmmmmmmm...glad they changed it.

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#2re: Xanadu First Preview
Posted: 5/23/07 at 8:39am

Pls do. I Will be seeing it this Sunday 5/27 . I am excited ! Let's see if Douglas Carter Beane has what it take for writting book for a musical ...Did you guys see the playbill of Xanadu? Its cute! .. thank goodness, its not that computerized picture of Kerry Butler with her hands on her face...yuk ! -j*

re: Xanadu First Preview

Let the XANADU reviews begin ...."I'm Alive !!!! "

Updated On: 5/23/07 at 08:39 AM

Dirty_Rotten_Guy Profile Photo
Dirty_Rotten_Guy
#3re: Xanadu First Preview
Posted: 5/23/07 at 9:10am

im excited to hear from whoever's going to the first preview tonight!
i really want to see this in July if 1) the show is good, and 2) if i can actually find decent orchestra seats :)
good luck to the cast and people tonight!

My 2007/2008 Season: Grey Gardens (7/5) 110 in the Shade (7/6) Mary Poppins (7/7) Xanadu (7/7) Deuce (7/8) Spamalot (7/8) Jersey Boys (8/25) The Year of Magical Thinking (8/25) Mauritius (11/2) Young Frankenstein (11/3) Rock 'N' Roll (11/3) Pygmalion (11/4) Mauritius (11/10) Mauritius (11/21) Mauritius (11/21) Sunday in the Park with George (3/6) South Pacific (3/7) Gypsy (3/8) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (3/9)

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#4re: Xanadu First Preview
Posted: 5/23/07 at 9:28am

Just seeing that Xanadu logo under the Playbill banner...

...something I thought I'd never see, that's for sure.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#5re: Xanadu First Preview
Posted: 5/23/07 at 9:30am

I wasn't planning on going tonight, but I might.

As per telecharge, though, there's only 1 seat left and it's on-stage. No thanks.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

bschneid76 Profile Photo
bschneid76
#6re: Xanadu First Preview
Posted: 5/23/07 at 10:03am

I'll be going this weekend on Saturday. I look forward to it. Hopefully it will be better than the film haha, though that's not going to be hard. Hopefully it will be fun and campy.

"Love the Art in Yourself. Not Yourself in the Art." -- Stanislavski

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#7re: Xanadu First Preview
Posted: 5/23/07 at 10:14am

I'll be there tonight!

munkustrap178
#8re: Xanadu First Preview
Posted: 5/23/07 at 10:15am

I would like to go, but it appears as if there are no tickets. I'm shocked.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

lisaspo Profile Photo
lisaspo
#9re: Xanadu First Preview
Posted: 5/23/07 at 10:18am

I'm going tonight, too... so excited! I didn't realize there were on-stage seats, though... may have to go check that out another time!
Here's a pic I took of the marquee last month...

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#10re: Xanadu First Preview
Posted: 5/23/07 at 10:39am

They have student rush, Munk.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

munkustrap178
#11re: Xanadu First Preview
Posted: 5/23/07 at 10:40am

There's only 1 seat left on telecharge...how would they have rush?

SorryGrateful
#12re: Xanadu First Preview
Posted: 5/23/07 at 10:42am

I keep getting confused and thinking, "How can Laura Bell Bundy be in two shows at once?"

You promised me poems. ~Tricky

munkustrap178
#13re: Xanadu First Preview
Posted: 5/23/07 at 10:46am

Easy mistake, Grateful.

Up In Lost
#14re: Xanadu First Preview
Posted: 5/23/07 at 10:48am

I'll be there tonight as well.

Well, I'm glad he got away with it.

SorryGrateful
#15re: Xanadu First Preview
Posted: 5/23/07 at 10:49am

I feel like my permanent home should be in the "Interchangeable Blondes on Bway" thread. I have no idea which blonde is starring in what anymore.

You promised me poems. ~Tricky

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#16re: Xanadu First Preview
Posted: 5/23/07 at 10:51am

The box office people said that they would have rush available for all performances two hours before the curtain. $26.25.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

do_re_milla Profile Photo
do_re_milla
#17re: Xanadu First Preview
Posted: 5/23/07 at 11:16am

I'm going tonight!

Milla

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#18re: Xanadu First Preview
Posted: 5/23/07 at 11:19am

Munk,

I have an extra ticket in Row B--- (my TDF partner for the evening deserted me)

If you want it, PM me your full name-- heading up for the "CB" matinee--- will leave it at the box office

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#19re: Xanadu First Preview
Posted: 5/23/07 at 9:58pm

Early Previewers- Please Dont Forget to post your reviews about tonight performance. Any comment or insight will be appreciated/ I cant wait till Sunday to see it-J*

NathanLaneStalker
#20re: Xanadu First Preview
Posted: 5/23/07 at 10:38pm

Can't wait to hear about tonight!

I am mad at the show though. It's in the theatre where the amazing JAY JOHNSON: THE TWO AND ONLY played. Now, I know it's not the show's fault....but it just feels like it is. lol.

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#21re: Xanadu First Preview
Posted: 5/23/07 at 10:39pm

I can't wait to get a good corned beef sandwhich at the theater...

deli anyone?

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

munkustrap178
#22re: Xanadu First Preview
Posted: 5/23/07 at 10:57pm

I saw it tonight.

Thoughts shortly.

(Once I have a drink.)

Yankeefan007
#23re: Xanadu First Preview
Posted: 5/23/07 at 11:00pm

That good, huh?

Elphie3 Profile Photo
Elphie3
#24re: Xanadu First Preview
Posted: 5/23/07 at 11:38pm

Please write soon! I'm dying to know!

Madame Morrible: "So you take the chicken, now it must be a white chicken. The corpse can be any color. And that is the spell for lost luggage!" - The Yellow Brick Road Not Taken