News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Spelling Bee Question

HBP Profile Photo
HBP
#1Spelling Bee Question
Posted: 5/30/07 at 8:38pm

Hello all.. I'm going to see Spelling Bee next month for a Wednesday matinée. Just a few questions before I purchase tickets.

1. If I buy tickets online, should I get Floor Seats or Center Orchestra seats?

2. Would I be better off rushing/doing the lottery that day? Or is that too risky? Because I definitely want to see it.

3. If I try Wicked's lottery and lose, do I still have time to try Bee's?

Thanks for any info out there - especially to the first question!!

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#2re: Spelling Bee Question
Posted: 5/30/07 at 10:10pm

1. Aren't floor seats (the bleachers?) now going to be sold as student rush? If you could get the bleachers, that sounds awesome, but center orchestra is fine too. The theater is small.

2. They did away with the lottery. I wouldn't say the rushing is too risky. I did go to their box office after after it opened one day (forgot which day, it was either a Sunday or Wednesday) and they said they sold out of rush. So you'll probably be fine if you're there at least an hour before the box office opens, maybe a little bit more before on weekends.

3. See above question.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Fosse76
#2re: Spelling Bee Question
Posted: 5/30/07 at 11:34pm

There are 7 rows on the floor, only the first two rows are "bleachers." Those are rush seats now, there is no lottery. Assuming that they start selling Rush seats when the box office opens, I'd assume you'd have no problems getting them if you arrive early enough in the day. Also, the show is rarely sold-out these days, so you'll have no problems getting a ticket. It should be at TKTS. It doesn't really matter where you sit, almost every seat is a great view.

Maggie_May
#3re: Spelling Bee Question
Posted: 5/31/07 at 3:39pm

my friend got myself and her tickets for tonight and they are the bleacher seats...are they ACTUALLY bleachers? like the type you would sit at at a ballgame with no back to them?

jnskirvin
#4re: Spelling Bee Question
Posted: 5/31/07 at 3:46pm

The bleachers are padded and they do have a back to them... however, they're very close to the ground and after about an hour your butt will go numb! But, I love love love sitting there -- perfect seats for that show.

The floor seats are good if you're in the first row after the bleachers. However, since they're all on the same level, it's hard to see from those seats because the stage is only about a foot off the ground.

Maggie_May
#5re: Spelling Bee Question
Posted: 5/31/07 at 4:32pm

oh okay thanks! at least they are padded not like the stage seats at SA. those hurt a lot after awhile.

ILoveMyDictionary Profile Photo
ILoveMyDictionary
#6re: Spelling Bee Question
Posted: 5/31/07 at 6:27pm

1) It doesn't matter. Every seat in the house is a great seat.
2)When they had rush about year ago, I got a ticket at 4 PM.

I didn't have any problem sitting on the bleachers, but then again I'm young. It's my favorite place to sit, and the stage is about a foot and a half high so youll see everything clearly. Sitting in the beachers is so insanly intamite. I love it.

No matter what you'll have fun. It's a great show. I've seen it four times.

Updated On: 5/31/07 at 06:27 PM

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#7re: Spelling Bee Question
Posted: 6/2/07 at 7:15pm

I just bought tickets for floor seats row "BB" and according to the seating chart its the second row in floor seating. Now after reading this board it seems there might be two more rows "bleachers" in front. Is that right?

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#8re: Spelling Bee Question
Posted: 6/3/07 at 9:39pm

Bump can anyone answer the above question?

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#9re: Spelling Bee Question
Posted: 6/3/07 at 9:41pm

The bleachers won't be in your way at all. They're only a few inches off the floor.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

HBP Profile Photo
HBP
#10re: Spelling Bee Question
Posted: 6/3/07 at 11:12pm

Thanks for the responses everyone, I got Row D about center. We'll be seeing Mr. Hammond in the show also, so I'm very excited.

Again, thanks for the responses, it's really appreciated.

TheatreNerd23 Profile Photo
TheatreNerd23
#12re: Spelling Bee Question
Posted: 6/3/07 at 11:35pm

Not sitting in the balcony.<3

Elphabatize Profile Photo
Elphabatize
#13re: Spelling Bee Question
Posted: 6/4/07 at 2:22am

I don't know how old you are but I went on a Friday evening at 7:00 for an 8 show and there were still student rush tickets avaliable. The seat was on the very left of the theatre but really close to the stage. The ticket was only $25. Something to consider...

Videos