Megan Mullally to play in YF - Official Press Release

Megan Mullally to play in YF - Official Press Release

hollaj2
#1Megan Mullally to play in YF - Official Press Release
Posted: 6/1/07 at 11:01am

Released on Megan's New website (Went live today) www.meganmullally.net

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE JUNE 1, 2007

Megan Mullally to open in Young Frankenstein on Broadway this fall
In November, Megan Mullally will be returning to Broadway in the world premiere of the Mel Brooks musical, "YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN".

Based on Mel Brooks' hilarious cult classic film, the musical reunites the Tony-winning team of composer/lyricist Mel Brooks and director/choreographer Susan Stroman, who together created the outrageously successful Broadway smash-hit musical "The Producers".

Brooks and Stroman have assembled a truly stellar cast of Broadway greats, including Tony winners Sutton Foster, Roger Bart, Shuler Hensley and Andrea Martin.

Megan will be appearing as "Elizabeth", Dr. Frankenstein's high-society fiancee, a role originated in the film version by the great Madeline Kahn.

Previously, Mullally has appeared on Broadway in the revivals of "Grease" (with Rosie O'Donnell) and "How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying" (opposite Matthew Broderick).
Megan Mullally played the character of Karen Walker on NBC’s “Will & Grace” for 8 seasons, receiving 2 Emmy Awards and 4 Screen Actors Guild Awards. She recently hosted a syndicated daytime talk show for NBC/Universal, “The Megan Mullally Show”, and has appeared on Broadway in the revivals of “How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying” (Rosemary), and “Grease”.

As a vocalist, credits include The Lincoln Center, The Kennedy Center, The Seattle Symphony (with her band Supreme Music Program), and Los Angeles’ Disney Concert Hall (soloist).

Upcoming, Megan will be playing Elizabeth in Mel Brooks’ musical version of “Young Frankenstein”, opening on Broadway November 8th, 2007.

http://www.supremestoryprogram.com/04_story.html

heil myself!
#2re: Megan Mullally to play in YF - Official Press Release
Posted: 6/1/07 at 2:32pm

Awesome! Mel already confirmed Megan, but now we also have Andrea Martin AND an official opening night! Great find!
(Also glad to see someone else has seen the logo for the show)

Tom148502
#2re: Megan Mullally to play in YF - Official Press Release
Posted: 6/1/07 at 2:36pm

Spell out the ****ing titles

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#3re: Megan Mullally to play in YF - Official Press Release
Posted: 6/1/07 at 3:21pm

Even though she had previously been confirmed, I love that it's on her website (which, by the way, is new and very fun if you care to check it out)!!

www.meganmullally.net

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#4re: Megan Mullally to play in YF - Official Press Release
Posted: 6/1/07 at 3:29pm

When did Bart win a TONY?

Julian2
#5re: Megan Mullally to play in YF - Official Press Release
Posted: 6/1/07 at 3:31pm

Best Supporting Actor in a Musical - You're A Good Man Charlie Brown

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#6re: Megan Mullally to play in YF - Official Press Release
Posted: 6/1/07 at 3:35pm

ah, forgot about that.

MungoGypsy8232
#7re: Megan Mullally to play in YF - Official Press Release
Posted: 6/2/07 at 4:50pm

So, I looked online to get Pirate Queen tickets and the last date they are selling for is September 2nd! Would that correspond with the apparent November 8th opening of Young Frankenstein? It's roughly 2 months. Any thoughts?

heil myself!
#8re: Megan Mullally to play in YF - Official Press Release
Posted: 6/2/07 at 5:00pm

Well, "Young Frankenstein"'s last day in Seattle is September 1st, so that gives them time for The Pirate Queen to get their stuff out of there and for all the YF stuff to move in.

Oh, and by the way...

YES!!! IT'S IN THERE FOR SURE!

americanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
#9re: Megan Mullally to play in YF - Official Press Release
Posted: 6/2/07 at 5:03pm

So, Kristin Chenoweth is a no go?

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#10re: Megan Mullally to play in YF - Official Press Release
Posted: 6/2/07 at 5:09pm

This is old news. Chenoweth's pilot PUSHING DAISIES got picked up by ABC so she's a goner.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#11re: Megan Mullally to play in YF - Official Press Release
Posted: 6/2/07 at 5:43pm

<--------------so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnnytoc
#12re: Megan Mullally to play in YF - Official Press Release
Posted: 6/2/07 at 5:58pm

I'm so excited for this, especially Megan and Roger.
Any rumors yet as to who will be the Inspector? I'm still hoping for Marc Kudisch, but if he does Witches of Eastwick I doubt he could...

heil myself!
#13re: Megan Mullally to play in YF - Official Press Release
Posted: 6/2/07 at 8:23pm

I've been hearing rumors of Fred Applegate playing Inspector Kemp. He played Franz, and later Max, in The Producers.

Videos